Author Topic: Rant against all things in HL2RP  (Read 23252 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Rant against all things in HL2RP
« on: July 07, 2011, 04:04:18 AM »
DISCLAIMER: All words used in this rant are not directly used at any single or small group of persons. Claiming that this thread contains flaiming content would be inaccurate. You should not take any offence to this thread, rather take the information given by it and maybe fix something for once.

HL2RP right now isn't running right. As much as I like to call it serious, it isn't. Things aren't run properly, stuff is in the unknown, confusion is among everyone about certain subjects, and minges are let off with easy, useless warnings. I would like to see change. Not within the next few months. Not within the next month, but within the next couple weeks.

If change does not occur, I personally will make sure if it does, risking my own position for the sake of rp. Why? Because I love RP no doubt. I've always loved acting and drama involving myself with other people. I enjoy watching players have fun roleplaying.

If by making rp better that I am left to insubordinate my superiors, I will personally do that and deal with the consequences. I don't mind being an average player. Administrative duties are nice cause I like helping players and getting things to run smoothly as well as make the time for players enjoyable. If I get demoted to player, fine. There are other admins out there who I know will do as good of a job as me if not better.

But someone needs to make a change here. Without further adoo, here's my rant.

UCA

The name

Whoever said it was uncanon wasn't thinking. For fuck sakes breen refers to the combine as the combine. Let's go over this again.

Union = Benefactors
They are the leaders, the superiors of the whole operaion here on earth.

Civil Protection = Combine
They are the combine. Combine are combined humans with universal union technology.

Union =/= (!=) Civil Protection
The civil protection may serve the union but they aren't part of it. They know nothing of the benefactors. Union Civil Authority not only sounds odd but for years servers have used CCA. No where in the half life 2 story are they called union. They ONLY instance of their general name is when breen refers to them as combine.

I say fuck the Union prefix and put it back to combine. If you wish to hear this breencast, it's one of the prison casts you hear in nova prospekt. This cast was citywide FYI.

The Strictness and Brutality

If someone does something uncanon, people bitch and complain. Well one of the biggest uncanon things around is the way the civil protection treat citizens. In half life two, citizens would be beat for talking to eachother. They would be killed for even hinting at resistance. Why aren't we? Who says we aren't allowed to be like that? A citizen throws a can at a cp, the cp tells him to pick up the can and might detain him. Truth is, that citizen was violent to the cp. That citizen could have more violence in the future. Why let him go?

The cp teams are supposed to keep the city stable and normal. They do this by letting citizens know who's in charge and why not to mess with them. If you mess with them, you pay, and you pay hard. You're supposed to give them somethig they won't forget and a reminder of wha happens when you "fuck with da police" (disregard the cliché)

Insted, the cp teams are nice to citizens and let them off with minor warning. What the fuck? That citizen just yelled "Screw Combine" in public. You think giving them a few love taps with your electro baton is going to chane their views? Fuck no. They'll just use that as an excuse to resist more. If you beat them within an inch of their lives, maybe they'll think twice about saying shit.

Divisions

This is what really posses me off. Five units are on. Two gear (or grid now), a recruit, an apex dvl, and me, an 01 nova. The recruit is new. Requires training. That's fine. Everyone needs to learn. I'm outside and the d2 hardpoint is empty. I clamp it. The two gear units are inside fucking around with some build. Alright there's one fucking unit outside and he is currently manning a highly valuable control point. There's citizens in groups outside. I ask for at least one unit to come out and help. They all say they're busy. Grid, get the fuck otside and do your secondary and tertary objectives. That's clamp nexus block and patrol. But no you gotta make that fucking scanner.

Citizens with uca characters look at the scoreboard and go "oh five is enough, I'll just stay civi". Well it's not obviously. Another problem I have is with APEX. They are supposed to be doing advanced sociostabilizing techniques. They do the same duties that I do on my fucking nova unit. She knows medical shit, not sociostability shit. Hell I had to oocly teach a high ranked apex unt how to do a simple interrogation. I have never been in apex and razor isn't the same. Apex should be doing more searches, more inspecions. The apartments can be inspected by two units going to each room and looking for anything suspicious.

Nomad. Fuck why are there so many? Again they do the exact same jobs as apex cause apex doesn't do shit. I've seen people in nomad who lasted over two weeks in it. It shouldn't last kore then three days unless you have an ooc reason. Then there's high ranked nomad. What do they do? Command other nomad units around? I thought nomad was a transition division, not an organized division. Make up your mind asap. That's what I say.

Nova. I planned shit to make nova run smoother as well as keep thugs organized and make character development challenging and fun for players. I made this system two weeks ago and still no change. Why? Cause we keep getting a new dvl every five days. The system is ready to go but no profess has been made. What else pisses me off about this is units are being promoted. The way the system work, you require training to be promoted. Well the more units that et promoted, the more emergency training needs to be done. These promotions just make the system harder and harderto establish but guess what, more happen every few days.

Uniform. Your recruits aren't receiving adequet training. I've seen recruits who don't know their restrictions and authorizations. Recruits should not be allowed to patrol alone without basic training yet I've seen recruits with nothing but nexus orientation alone on the streets. It's not their fault. It's their training offocers who are improperly training them. Basic training should take around an hour to do. I have a feeling the new exercises leave out important information and skills. I beleove there should also be officers who supervise recruits on patrol and correct them on their mistakes.

Players with citizen and cp characters

This one makes me mad. Here's the cp to citizen ratio. 4cps/15citozens. I say oocly: People with uca chars, flag up. K one person flagged. I look at the scoreboard and there are five other people with cp chars. That I know. Why don't they flag up? I don't fucking know. If I'm on my CWU character and I notice there are too few units on, I quickly finish what I'm doing and flag up. I make sure it's within five minutes.

You applied for UCA to help out. Not have a unit character and hardly play on him/her. If you don't want to play on your recruit, fine. Oocly delete him/her cause there are other players who would gladly take that spot. Too many units used to be the issue. We used to have 7+ players with units during quiet time. Now 7 is a lot. 2-4 is quiet time. This needs to be fixed.

[size=14]CWU[/size]

More respect?

The cwu isn't some VIP club. It's not some key out of a beating. Civil workers shouldn't have more rights then average citizens. Sure they are a bit more trusted as in they shouldn't do anythig stupid but they're still citizens. When a cwu person gets told what to do by a cp in a not so nice way, they take it offensively. As I said before, CWU has it's benefits but you're not a fucking VIP and you're not authorized to do anything different without permission. Civil Protection shouldn't treat cwu any better yet they do. Example. Me and my fellow worker go to the nexus block checkpoint to get to the hospital. A citizen is there. The cp is asking him many questions. The cp notices us and without asking anything, tells us to go by. What if we were anti-citizens with some grenades wearing cwu cloths we stole from someone? The nexus would have been breached. He should have at least asked us who we where and where we were heading. At the LEAST!

Another thing bad about CWU is the ego some of them have. Some workers think that because they're in the workers union that they are superior to citizens. They are infac not. They're just citizens who have decoded to devote their time into helping the city and the citizens within it. Some workers with high ego actually tell a cp to screw off when the cp asks them to isolate. Well you're in a group of four in the middle of the plaza. If you have planning to do, go somewhere else. If anything, explain to the cp why you're in a group, not tellhim to fuck of and that he's a lolcroot.

[size=14]Citizens[/size]

Boredom

I don't know how many times I've talked to a player who tucked around, blaming it on him/her being bored. Not only on this server but as well as others, I found ways to keep myself from getting bored other then rebelling, joining cca, joining cwu, or causing havoc. Citizen isn't hard, it just takes a decent imagination and some logical thinking. I always tell people to passive rp but they complain that it's boring. If I have a friend. We can passive for hours. It's really awesome when you find shit to do and learn about eachother or discuss importation things. Of course, don't do it where the civil protection hear you or you'll get in shit. An apartment works just fine. If you have no friend, a good thing to do is sit on a couch with a newspaper and rp reading it. While your character is "reading" it, surf the forums or watch YouTube or something but monitor the game. This creates the illusion of you being an average citizen and keeps administration happy (unless you don't watch the game and miss important stuff) Passive rp isn't boring. Players just aren't creative enough to do it properly.

Tokens

Players complain about the lack of tokens they receive. You start off with 100 tokens. A door costs 5 tokens. You can buy a door 20 times. If you reconnect to the server on average 3 times daily for crashes or just disconnects, your tokens should last you almost a week for doors.

Rations are distributed more often now. A ration contains 60 tokens. This should last you 12 doors. Ration distribution happens at LEAST three times daily so you shouldn't miss them. However, ration distribution may be decreased due to chaos within the server. Example, players are out of control and are constantly causing problems. This makes it impossible to distribute rations. Don't complain if you screw around.

Rebels

I'm tired of seeing people in d2, throwing stuff or people yelling "resist" or "fuck da police" in the plaza cause "they're rebels". The resistance is not about killing combine or being big gangs. It's about freeing citizens and one day, just one day, maybe overthrow the control of the union and get back human life as it once was six years ago.

I've had people ask me about being gun dealers and what the use of HBM flags were. Well guns are extremely difficult to find in city limits. In the canal levels, the most you find is a usp and closer to the outlands, a smg. Guns and ammo don't randomly appear or are left behind in slums. They would usually get picked up during a sweep or by whoever dropped it. Guns aren't for basassary and superiority but are for protection from none other then the combine forces.

[size=14]Administration[/size]

Numbers

I looked atthe roster and there are only two regular admins and 7 (I think?) super admins. Don't get me wrong but where I come from, there is usually more admins the superadmins and in a server with 40+ players on average, there are more then 10 admins registered. I've met players who would be great candidates for hl2rp regular admin but not so much for forums or ocrp. Maybe we should come up with a system to grant RA status to good players without the need for an app. It would be simple to revoke for any abuse. It'd be nice to have an admin by my side when I do an event or an teaching a few players. Sure there may be three admins online but even admins need to rp at times. More admins means more help and more eyes watching over the server.

Punishments

I understand how we have to be nice for ban reasons but if someone commits a serious offence such as rdm, I'm not going to give them a 24 hour ban because it's their first ban. They won't learn from it. If anything, they'll learn our administration team is weak and soft. Ok so maybe they don't know the rules. I'll go over that later. Also, if someone is screwing around, I tell them to stop, and they continue the next day, why should I warn them again. This isn't semi-serious. This isn't a wannabe serious server. This is supposed to be serious rp. If someone is screwing around, I shouldn't even have to give them a warning. The word "Serious" in the server name is a disclaimer to all players letting them know that this isn't the place to fuck around. They should at least have a two hour ban for first offence without warning.

I'm tired of seeing players fuck around. I'm done with trying to teach them. Sure, a few learn but some just don't care to be honest. No more leniancy from me like you saw in OC. I want this server to be as serious as possible. Players complain to me about the lack of seriousness here.

Knowledge of Canon

I understand you don't have to know EVERYTHING about hl2 canon to be an admin but when admins are saying AR2s are uncanon for high ranks or Its uncanon to have CCA as a name and then settling upon it, something isn't right. Before I applied, I spent a week reading guides and the hl2 wiki to be sure I wouldn't have too many problems. I played through poit insertion twice and spent time poking around to see how things were done.

Events

Players get bored. Sure passive rp is fun but after three hours, it begins to get stale. Events keep rp fun and keep players coming back. On tnb when it still rocked, I always joined the TrP server because there were big events every week and mini events at least twice daily. I try hard to do events here but it seems like I'm the only one trying (aside from Yankee who I have heard has done a few events) and it gets a bit aggrivating while I run events and some admins aren't even helping me after I ask for help. Can some of you guys do more events? It doesn't take much. A simple cleanup is a good event.

Communication

This isn't a rant toward admins but a rant toward the system. One of the hardest things right now is to communicate with admins. We don't have an active ventillo server, we don't have a private admin chat, we have nothing. I suggest a private chat that can also use microphones. (when you talk, only admins hear you. You also have to be an admin, and it's global so you don't need to be near one)

That's all really.

[size=14]New Players[/size]

Currently, being a new playe sucks. It's actually pretty sad how shorty information for new players is. There are no rules visible in game, there is no description as to what they have to do. There's no help for players who wish to learn. I suggest a few things to possibly fix this epic failure that is probably a major cause in minges.
-Outlined rules players must read as well as a quiz on these rules.
-The stikied hl2rp guide in the guides section can be seen in game
-A HTML when connecting that displays website information as well as QuickStart help (ie. How to find the guide and the rules)

I have come across hundreds of players who don't know what to do or what the tules are for this very reason.

[size=14]Tools and Content[/size]

First of all, we need more tools other then vanilla tools. One being advanced duplicator. People are tired of rebuilding after a crash. Sure it can be e plootex to crash the server but really, if you can only control exploiters by removing possible exploitable systems, you need to improve your decisions in giving flags. I say add another flag for adv dupe.

There are other tools which should be added but why bother? They won't cause "they're exploitable". Wiremod for admins at least to help during events at least.

Content is also another subject which I want changed. Custom models, I could do without but scripts of less then 800kb would be nice. This includes flyable vehicles like a gunship (for events) or things like NPC emulator where you can be the NPC. Good for testing things like controlling antlions or whatever.

But here's what I don't like. We have css, tf2, and dod:s content but we don't have episodic content. Like fuck this is hl2rp. At LEAST have all the hl2rp content in the server. If space is an issue, get rid of tf2 and dod:s.

That's all for now. I'm tired and don't feel like ranting any longer.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 04:09:00 AM by Statua »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Rant against all things in HL2RP
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 04:19:40 AM »
Oh. Please ignore any spelling errors. I did this on my iPod. Anyone who has tried to write a paragraph on an iPod should know it's not an easy task and autocorrect can be a dick at times. It's also very difficult to scroll and edit through a textbox of massive size.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 04:44:16 AM »
I agree with most of this, except for the parts regarding citizens needing to flag up for UCA. When you ask, people should. But on their own time. You can't expect people to just flag up immediately because you say flag up. People have things they're doing and they need to finish that up, and who knows how long that could be. And maybe people are having more fun being a citizen. Of course, they need to balance the time played on both characters.

So, yes I agree people need to flag up when needed, but you can't expect them to just drop what they're doing and flag up. And it could take thirty minutes to finish what they're doing who knows.

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I also have some ranting to do.

How do you fix the issue of citizens not fearing Civil Protection? Sure, Civil Protection needs to get stricter and kill for more reasons. However, the administration has to get stricter. I don't mean to bring TnB into this, but you know how they use to strike fear into citizens? Their administration handed out PKs like candy. People won't be idiots as much if they know they will most likely lose their character if they mess with Civil Protection and get killed.

That will help with people who actually have a brain in their head. Then there's the minges. Well the minges are an issue. I always here, "City 18 is the issue." and then some people argue it. The truth is City 18 is the issue. City 18 was used on launch of the server because of the commonality of the map. However, back then we didn't have OCRP, we weren't as popular, and we had somewhere between three hundred and five hundred players. Now we have somewhere between three thousand and five thousand players. No offense to OCRP players, but the HL2RP players don't want you on the server if your going to act like you do on OCRP. What sickens me, is the reaction I get from Rofl when I bring up the issues of the map. I brought it up the day we switched maps, and never got a response. I brought it up to a few days ago, and he says he's known it was an issue since the day we switched. So tell me, if you, Rofl, knew it was an issue from day one, why are we still playing it? If you keep it on City 18 the minginess continues, and you also put more stress on Statua, because he will feel like he has to rush to get City 32 done, to fix the issue. That's not fair to the players, and by hell it's not fair to Statua.

Adam S. and his little workers, let me point this out to you : The CWU is NOT A GET OUT OF JAIL FREE CARD it is a job you take on to help citizens, and you shouldn't expect reward. No offense to Adam, but as much as I did get a little inactive when I led the CWU, it ran simply and got it's job done. You had four divisions, and each division was assigned a simple task to complete that would help citizens. Things like custodial services, medical services, and so on. And now, you have this shit. People join the Civil Workers' Union to get more civil rights, and to expand their arrogance. Now, this is also Civil Protection's fault. They need to learn that you're not above citizens, in fact, you should be below them in the sense that your punishment should be harsher for committing violations, because you're role-models. I remember back when Toy was the SeC, I brought in Ted Simmons for an audio violation. You know what happened? He was amputated.

I could go on ranting about every little single thing that is wrong with HL2RP, and how it was better before. Not even in City 45, it was shit then. Back when it was in City 18 - and we had an owner that actually paid attention to it.
Live free or die

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 04:52:44 AM »
On my phone else this would be longer.

GRID: trust me when I say it is being reformed. GRID will work on projects only when the standard directives are met. And unless completely in a to, they will help other units. Not necessarily requests, but units.

NOVA: I plan on talking to BB about getting more involved units in HC, but as of now talk to tray. He does have full divisional authority.

UNIFORM: hopefully now that kitten has a lot of time there will be change. It needs more TrO units.

APEX: agree.

CWU: I will direct Adam to this thread.

UCA Harshness: the issue is it may not be totally canonical but it makes sure people don't rage over it. I agree it is still a bit to lenient though.

I am adding episodic content soon, and weapons and shit are being changed up as well.

I will respond to the rest when I get up later.

Offline Wish

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 08:59:13 AM »
I agree with the OP. Though my opinion may not matter much since I am still really new to HL2RP, but I have seen examples of nearly everything he said in my time on there. Vastly outnumbered CP's, people not switching to CP to help, minge players get a slap on the wrist, or getting away scot free because we can only get a physical description, and the scoreboard only says "you do not recognize him/her" so we can't figure out their steam name to report them.

I tend to get deeply into my RP characters. To the point where I feel a bit scared when a CP points a gun at me and I get excited when rations distribution is online... it sounds really strange, but I compare it to when you are really into a book you are reading or a movie you are watching.

I really agree on the civilians causing trouble to the CP at every turn. Remember the "pick up that can!" bit in HL2 when gordan steps off the train?

If you don't pick it up, the CP beats you. If you through it at him, he REALLY beats you. (if I remember properly, but I might be off a bit, he hits you 2 or 3 times with the stunstick for noncompliance, and 5-6 times for throwing the can at him)

If you try to talk to civilians outside, they tell you to piss off.
If you throw things at CP you get beaten, just like the can situation...

Players should shut up and do what they are told just for RP sake instead of bitching in OOC why they can't do it. Even if we manage to have TT, there is no prop for absolutely everything...

I'll do what I can to help out. I will apply for a CP character if they are open and read the combine backstory and any guides on here. I learn fast so it should work out well.

I have an admin app in the works already so if that works out I'll help wherever I can with that too.

All I want is the chance to prove I can do it. I do admit that right now I have some trouble with the terminology of things, (like what a waiver was, if that's even the name of what happened yesterday) and telling when people are addressing me. (some make it easier by adding part of my description when they want my attention. I can't see who is being talked to with my face pressed to a wall)

Once I get used to that I can concentrate on doing everything in my power to help out.

Offline chunkeymonkey79

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 09:13:11 AM »
OH MY GOD. THIS SPEAKS EVERYTHING.

I only read half TBH, I'll read the rest after this post, but I totally agree with the cracking down of the CCA. Civvies are getting away so easily it's pitiful. If that isn't officially implemented, too bad, I'm going to do it.
Shotty likes it's trigger fondled.

EDIT: Read it all. Yes. Everything in this thread needs to happen over the next few weeks.

And Stat, I have an Admin app up right now, I'm very active, can you comment on it? I think I could help you.
EDIT2: I think, with a modification of some code, we could make CP's run faster than the citizens? Because the CP's are well fed, trained, etc. Citizens are not in any way.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 09:23:39 AM by chunkeymonkey79 »
<::|| HL2RP Characters ||::>

C18.CCA.APEX-DvL.040
Taking it easy as the DvL of the best division.

Derek Hampson
Wandering around C18, mentally confused.

Kendra Shawkins
Unknown Location, last seen diving into a body of water.

UU.OTA.PHANTOM-1.11590
On a rooftop, cloaked and sniper in hand.

ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS CHARACTER DATA..RESTRICTED..

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 09:15:15 AM »
I used to shoot civis who stared at me and didnt move off but stopped cause too many people started complaining, derp

Offline Wish

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 09:20:19 AM »
Hell. even in HL2 if you stood around gawking at CP's they'd get pissed and give you a whack with the stunstick if you were standing within a certain range...

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 09:54:47 AM »
I was a DvL

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 09:55:37 AM »
HHHHNNNNNNGH ill join the rant later because im on my phone right now but i completely fucking agree with all this. I especially agree with the CWU part though. Other day on my EpU, a CWU walks up to me, and calls me 'unit'. What the fuck. I have an MP7 in my arms, a USP match at my side, and you call me UNIT? Fuck this shit, next CWU who calls me anything but 'sir', will receive a stun baton up their arse.

~Sent from iPhone

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 10:20:34 AM »
In my defense im just going to say. DEAL. WITH. IT.

All you done yesterday was come on and get butthurt i was roleplaying in the UCH Lobby.  You refused to get over it.

Nikofag I dont care how you lead it, you were never active.  Divisions made no sense were not the CCA.  I love how everyone claims my ego is huge.. well if you dont like it stop playing the fucking server and get a real life statua i know that was directed at me.

Oh yeah while were on you niko What happen to your admin? I heard you calling roflwaffle a dumb fuck. I Like how you still rant about stuff when you dont care what goes on.  Oh and Toy bringing me in and amputating me? That was bullshit,  he was a retarded dick thank god hes gone thanks to me.  I thought no one would bring that up again.

The CWU is fine,  they get beat harder if they get detained..  CWU do get upgraded citizen status(Hurrc8) no one seems to understand that.  We are trusted more than the citizens so thats why we dont have to apply at that checkpoint.  But whatever i didnt know you would bitch about it.

Oh yeah before im forumbanned again for a bullshit reason for saying all this id like to say one thing... Statua if you dont like a damn thing that were all fine with get the fuck out.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 10:31:10 AM by Adam S - THE REAL OVERLORD »

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2011, 10:39:18 AM »
Just to say, timezones are a bitch. I have a LIFE, most have it. I can't go on all day every day like rofl and keep my divsion perfect, i try the most i can and thats that.

Oh yeah, you say do mroe inspections, guess what? Everybody gets pissed off at them as its the SAME FUCKING THING each time.

Also, Maybe you should think of promoting more people? Its taken me 5 months to get operator, yet in 2 days people get SA from just joining. You need to think things out.

Just to say, If the combine were made into what they SHOULD be, nobody would ever play.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 10:41:12 AM by King Blt the III??rd »
what

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011, 10:57:27 AM »
I have to agree with this thing about the CWU thinking their VIPs, I'm not naming anyone, but I was on HL2RP earlier, and a CP told a CWU to move along (Like I said, I'm not giving any names.) and the CWU said something like "Respect your superiors."
We really need the CPs to be a lot more harsh and strict at times...
Another thing I have to rant about is FearRP. I've seen lots of citizens (Not naming anyone, again.) stand about a metre away from what, an 02, and the guy is pointing an SMG at the citizen. What does citizen do? He sits and stares at the CP acting like some idiot.
This thing is more of a question, but I wonder, where do all these citizen (asspullers maybe) get their lead pipes, knives, huge swords from? I've seen stuff like:

** Citizen1 takes out a leadpipe from his shirt pocket and hits the man with it.
** Citizen1 takes out a knife and shoots the other guy. (Yes, shoots.)

/rant

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011, 11:06:39 AM »
Looking at the entire CWU part of this and people complaining about to much respect i think we need a real guideline. For example you dont give the Organizer of the entire CWU the same respect as a T3 so here is how i feel it should be compared to UCA rankings :

Tier 3 - Same respect as a citizen, you just joined the CWU and have probably not done anything to aid the union.

Tier 2 -  The respect of a recruit you have aided the Union with the city and they are slightly thankfull.(You still cant go around chilling with CPs and waving at them -.- *looks at James Smith*)

Tier 1 - You have proven yourself worthy to be in the top Tier of the CWU you have helped the combine greatly and may sometimes even be given the respect of a 04

Tier Commanders - (Pretty much the same respect as T1)

Co-Organizer - You are the next person in line to take controll of the entire CWU in this sector, you are extremely trusted and probably given the respect of a 03

Organizer - You run the entire CWU for this district probably the most trusted person who is not in the UCA on a rare time a 02 might show you some respect.

Thats how i feel about this entire situation, when i say respect i dont mean the CP walking up to you and saluting and Hello Sir! i also dont emply that a Organizer is a superior to a recruit.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2011, 11:13:05 AM »
no, you shouldnt expect any respect from cps as a CWU, your still a human...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal