Author Topic: Citizens listening to the CP radio frequency  (Read 13601 times)

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Citizens listening to the CP radio frequency
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2012, 06:06:56 PM »
Maybe with an auth app or some shit. As much as I hate them this is legitimately one of the things I see needing it cause I don't like the idea of people going on their units, grabbing the freq, spending 5 minutes to roleplay scanning it down or some shit and then using it. I'd rather not allow it at all but I want more freedom this time around. opinions pls
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2012, 06:08:08 PM »
its better than nothing, yes please

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2012, 06:39:26 PM »
I don't have a very strong opinion either way, they could use it and it would bring in a dash of possible roleplay, but it could be used for metagaming.

(God forbid a lolgang gets their hands on our radios though, they're a pain in the royal arse as it is.)

« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 06:48:50 PM by Riemer »
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2012, 06:41:26 PM »
I've been supportive of getting it with auths or prove that you did the needed roleplay involved.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2012, 06:50:05 PM »
Welp, my opinion still stands:

I think that monitoring the CCA radio should be reserved for major events through a prepared course of action rather than simply being able to switch your handheld set to the frequency at any time. I don't necessarily think it should be banned as such because there are ways to capture the position of the radio which accessed the frequency and Civil Protection/OTA can easily stop that character from incident from happening again if people are switching to that frequency on a regular basis.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2012, 03:27:39 PM »
As much as it might make sense to a lot of you people that citizens would be able to... In OOCly, it's just way to 'overpowered' to be able to use it as citizen. Just imagine someone using this to know exactly what the CCA is up to, using this information to cause shit which then admins have to deal with.
This reminds me back when people always baited the CCA and lure them into S6 by minging and shooting weapons just at the border before we strictly forbit it.

TLDR: This whole idea brings more grief then it does good, which is the reason why I highly recommend not to do this.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2012, 04:46:40 PM »
considering every admin besides rltk and roflwaffle are operators for hl2rp i'd say roflwaffle should decide on it

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2012, 06:27:53 PM »
It doesn't really have anything to do with people making a decision, though. It's always been an assumed and spoken rule that citizens cannot listen to the CP radio frequency. However, it should be added to the written rules.
Live free or die

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2012, 07:16:05 PM »
if its being added to the written rules then obviously a decision has to be made on what's actually being added to the rules..?

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Citizens listening to the CP radio frequency
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2012, 02:24:10 AM »
considering every admin besides rltk and roflwaffle are operators for hl2rp i'd say roflwaffle should decide on it
If you think that this is how the administration team works, then you have much to learn.

Everyone is part to dicide on this. And obviously waffle/rtlk aint adding something if everyone disagrees on it.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2012, 08:46:54 AM »
Alright, so Rebels get screwed out of something that could illegitimately help us(And would most likely be a one time thing) because "We could abuse it" that's like taking /all/ of our guns away because they can be abused.
The CCA gets shit that they can/do abuse all the time and I see no one denying them the things they want(Besides RTLK) in fact, there's LESS abuse on the proper rebel side(Excluding the webels that is) then there is from the CCA.
Some of the things I hate about this community is how the rebels get treated, in outlands we do our own thing and /VERY/ rarely get minges and or people breaking the rules. on outlands most of the rebels role-playing abilities are on par/above then most of the CCA.

Again, your convicting us of doing something that we will most likely never do. If someone wanted to minge with the CCA freq they would just scan all the channels till they find it, and then do what they will with it.

However you getting rid of something we can use properly and make outlands even more fun, but no, "It can be abused so the rebels don't get it." nice to see where most of the admins lean too.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2012, 09:32:46 AM »
Alright, so Rebels get screwed out of something that could illegitimately help us(And would most likely be a one time thing) because "We could abuse it" that's like taking /all/ of our guns away because they can be abused.
The CCA gets shit that they can/do abuse all the time and I see no one denying them the things they want(Besides RTLK) in fact, there's LESS abuse on the proper rebel side(Excluding the webels that is) then there is from the CCA.
Some of the things I hate about this community is how the rebels get treated, in outlands we do our own thing and /VERY/ rarely get minges and or people breaking the rules. on outlands most of the rebels role-playing abilities are on par/above then most of the CCA.

Again, your convicting us of doing something that we will most likely never do. If someone wanted to minge with the CCA freq they would just scan all the channels till they find it, and then do what they will with it.

However you getting rid of something we can use properly and make outlands even more fun, but no, "It can be abused so the rebels don't get it." nice to see where most of the admins lean too.

Well jugger the reason I think people are wary of giving the rebels more power is..... that there is no set server requirements for being a rebel. The CCA at least has an application process and are to a degree supervised, by admins and their High Command. The rebels have no set leaders, it is all in character. As long as any Harry Larry and Garry can get into the "Rebels", people will be rather skeptical as to giving them any abuse-able powers.

The only way I can see them getting any more privileges than they already have is if CG has an official resistance group with an application process and a disciplinary system in place to deal with those that would join to minge about.

Or what Oz said, if there was a trusted RebelRP'er chosen as part of an event.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 09:37:53 AM by Riemer »
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2012, 10:34:12 AM »
Now, look at it this way. The only legit listening to frequency will most likely be from highly authorised, well respected and trusted members that are in a group that obviously isn't a 'lolrebel' group. You would have to get multiple people with ranging authorisations to even be able to do it anyway, and if they somehow get through all of that and are still stupid, theres something wrong with the admins, not them.
what

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2012, 10:45:25 AM »
That's the thing about the resistance that people don't get, just because we don't have an application process, doesn't mean that anyone can become a "Rebel" willy nilly, /NONE/ of the groups recruit like that, which is why there are no poor role-players in the clinic/crazies because we gauge their ability before even considering them ICly.
However for the CCA there is a /VERY/ poor application process and hardly any role-play gauging at all before recruitment(This is counter acted by the training/ranks). But the CCA is allowed to do a hell of a lot more, which makes them more attractive to new players, where the rebels can barely get a pistol with out someone getting upset about it.
Fact of the matter is, in order to get in to the groups that COULD do this(Which is only third eye and potentially the clinic) wouldn't recruit someone like this.

Its not that they can go and flip to the channel and roll with it(Which they can do right now) it'd be a very long and very hard process to get the radio channel and even then it'd most likely be encoded and that take some time to break.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2012, 01:03:17 PM »
Juggernaut, look at it this way:

Why would you need the CCA frequency? The only reason I can think of is if you have anything to do with them. And in this case, you have two different type of 'rebels'. You have the so called lolrebels, who go around causing grief to the CCA, hence get involved in them. They obviously won't ever get the frequency. And then you have the more serious type rebels like you claim to be, who don't have anything to do with the CCA since they are in S6 roleplaying as rebels. So they don't need the frequency either.

What the CCA is saying on the radio has absolutely nothing to do with any of the serious type rebels, since they are all about situations happening in the plaza, which you stay away from. And even then, the only way how you could possibly use the frequency is to know exactly when a raid is about to happen, so you can quickly switch character and avoid getting killed.

Do you finally understand why I say having this frequency is way to overpowered, and absolutely not necessary?
I said it once, and I say it again: It causes more grief then good, so NO. JUST NO... (Please?)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal