Author Topic: S2M Rule Clarification  (Read 23019 times)

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
S2M Rule Clarification
« on: May 23, 2011, 08:30:45 PM »
In S2M, how do you hit people? Can you roll for your shots? Or do you keep on shooting around them until you accidentally hit them?
[CG-SA]Toy4x4funrun: When guns are involved RP = basicly void
lolwut?

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S2M Rule Clarification
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 08:38:28 PM »
Keep shooting, and after a while when you feel it's a good moment to, do it. But don't powergame it and make your first 3-7 shots hit with a pistol. It also depends on the distance. More distance = more miss.

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 08:50:26 PM »
So after ~5 shots I was hit, (not killed), from across the length of an entire C45 tunnel. Then my friend crept up around 1/4 of the tunnel, and he was shot until death in ~3 hits in ~5 shots. Then after ~5 more shots I darted across to the other side of the mouth of the tunnel, and was hit ~3 times in ~5 shots until I died. I was still all the way across the tunnel.
The three instances:
All the way across the tunnel: ~1/5 shots hit
3/4 of the way across the tunnel: ~3/5 shots hit
All the way across the tunnel: ~3/5 shots hit
lolwut?

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 09:13:23 PM »
Adding on to that, one of them was using a magnum, and the other a pistol.
lolwut?

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 09:15:07 PM »
Well there I forgot to mention something about the CP's. With higher ranks, comes more experience. Higher ranking units can shoot better than lower ranking. For example, Rcts should rp shooting like shit. But then, the experienced officers, or 01s, can shoot and hit a lot of their shots.

Edit: The magnum was probably the CmD (Commander). He is very very experienced, wouldn't be suprised.

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 09:16:15 PM »
Both of them were civilians who got their guns yesterday and had no training.
lolwut?

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 09:19:45 PM »
Well then they're fucking retarded and cannot RP for shit.

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 09:28:47 PM »
And S2King somebody in the head, when you are point blanc and their back is turned is OK, right?
On an offtopic note, this got me and the other guy PKed by Toy. When I asked him about it I got the helpful reply that is my new signature.
lolwut?

Offline Arkaeth

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 09:42:31 PM »
First of all, you don't know my character's backstory. For all you know he could have plenty of experience with guns.

Secondly, I fired at least 30 shots in that firefight, and my friend fired a bunch too. I RPed everything in great detail, from crouching, reloading, sweating, and firing.

I'm sorry you lost, but you chose to take the actions you did, and we responded accordingly. The admins on at the time settled this matter.
"In ancient times, men built wonders, laid claim to the stars and sought to better themselves for the good of all. But we are much wiser now."

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 09:46:20 PM »
I believe it is good technique to /roll for critical moments such as "kill shots," does anyone else feel the same?
o7

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 09:46:28 PM »
But the point of it is HOW we lost. In the time I had my body out of cover, when I was actually stuck out there because there was a shotgun blocking my path that IRL I would have stepped over, you hit me with around 3/5 shots. All in quick succession. I died in about 7 seconds of being out of cover.
lolwut?

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 09:47:31 PM »
I feel exactly that way, Yankee. No rolls at all were done for this firefight, yet they shot us multiple times from across an entire tunnel with no training while S2M was going on.
lolwut?

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2011, 09:55:34 PM »
First of all, you don't know my character's backstory. For all you know he could have plenty of experience with guns.
You couldn't have experience from before the Seven Hour war without forgetting it.
lolwut?

Offline Sawnik

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2011, 09:57:26 PM »
at first I thought the guy who killed Toy was being a dumbass, So I didn't know what was going on. Then someone did "/me aims at Fudo's head and fires. (I still did not know what was going on) apperently he did do a /me for killing Toy, but I didn't see it.
I think my "death" was too quick and I had no time to RP anything.

I agree they should roll on any "kill shots"or give the person time to RP or do something.

That's why Toy didn't PK me.

Offline Arkaeth

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2011, 09:59:06 PM »
You couldn't have experience from before the Seven Hour war without forgetting it.

Uhm, that's incorrect.

And if I had time to do /me's for sweating, they definitely had time to do reaction /me's.
"In ancient times, men built wonders, laid claim to the stars and sought to better themselves for the good of all. But we are much wiser now."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal