Author Topic: Let's revive the Outlands (A call to the community)  (Read 13010 times)

Offline Toxilium

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Let's revive the Outlands (A call to the community)
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2012, 08:11:17 PM »
In other words how can we get people more attracted to outlands?

Perhaps show people that you can form different ways to roleplay. Everyone in the Outlands is either in the Town, a roving gang, Beans, or in the Castle/Resistance. What I would love to see happen would be small groups or individuals surviving in the wilderness on their own accord, very wary of strangers and some might even be hostile to foreigners. In an outdoor map as large as Ineu Pass, there is plenty of room for people to live out Bear Grylls-type lives.

Offline tdabamf1

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2012, 12:48:30 AM »
To be honest, I went on the outlands for a couple hours, and slowly lost interest in it. First of all, everyone makes there character an ignorant dick on the outlands, also it's not very fun. You can't interact with that many people because the map is way too big, and should probably be a bit more smaller. I think that's the reason why the population is usually 0.

Offline Toxilium

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2012, 02:29:13 PM »
To be honest, I went on the outlands for a couple hours, and slowly lost interest in it. First of all, everyone makes there character an ignorant dick on the outlands, also it's not very fun. You can't interact with that many people because the map is way too big, and should probably be a bit more smaller. I think that's the reason why the population is usually 0.
The City is exactly the same, save the large map. Everyone in the City is a CP, ignores you or is a minge. You need to play with friends in order to have a fun time.

Offline tdabamf1

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2012, 08:37:33 PM »
Yeah thats why I have a crazy person on hl2rp city RP, but everyone classifys me as a minge and it pisses me off.

Offline Toxilium

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2012, 09:47:04 PM »
Yeah thats why I have a crazy person on hl2rp city RP, but everyone classifys me as a minge and it pisses me off.
Well, I can see where they're coming from. What does "crazy" mean in your character's context? What does it mean when people call you crazy IC? What kind of medical problem is it?

Crazy isn't a real thing.

Offline That Guy in a Box

• I Intend To Live Forever, or Die Trying
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2012, 12:37:06 PM »
I hate to say it, but I do think we need some form of guns. I think an admin should come on once a week at an unspecified time as a gun trader that stays on for maybe two hours and wanders. Something like that...

Still, I think one of the biggest things that would help is if we had dedicated admins to Outlands. Doesn't mean they can't play City server, but ones who were primarily charged with playing the Outlands even when only a  couple of people are on.

That is actually a good idea... Though, there was one time when Purple formed a little group and they primarily sold weapons and munitions. That ended shortly due to a couple people misusing the weapons. The other Admins didn't hesitate to point fingers and eventually stop him from selling these weapons.

It is also a good idea to have admins that primarily go on OL. But, I do often find admins on the server, so I don't find too much of a problem.
I think the inspiration box is just a garbage can...
Also, HEY, I'm not inactive I just don't bother posting nine times out of ten.

Offline tdabamf1

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2012, 01:13:35 PM »
Well, I can see where they're coming from. What does "crazy" mean in your character's context? What does it mean when people call you crazy IC? What kind of medical problem is it?

He's borderline mentally retarded basicly, insane..

Offline Orange - Cisco Certified

• aSK mE aBOUT mY pENIS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2012, 02:12:00 PM »

If you don't use proper grammar and you walk up and do stupid shit to the Officer, you will be labeled a minge. You have to list a few things that you have done to get you labeled a minge, perhaps the community could help you improve upon your RP.

Offline Toxilium

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2012, 02:26:26 PM »

"Borderline mentally retarded insane" doesn't make any sense. Borderline implies that you're hitting the outer boundary of sanity, but you would not know that without a proper diagnosis from a professional. You may just be depressed or suffering from a serious case of psychosis, who knows? Retarded in your context is a derogatory term. My brother is technically retarded, since he has a genetic condition that inhibits protein biosynthesis at a young age. Retarded is an inappropriate term for your character. Insanity is a whole spectrum of mental behaviors. You cannot simply dub yourself "insane," without first precisely describing how you are insane. Your character may actually be retarded in the non-derogatory sense of the word. Who knows? If no one diagnoses you, it's all guesswork.

It sounds to me like you need to work on your character more. And just my two cents in the matter, "insanity" on this server is so common, it's become a running joke that if you even just bump your head slightly you become insane in Half Life 2 RP. It's become such a generic character trait.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 02:32:24 PM by Toxilium »

« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2012, 08:17:44 PM »

I'm fairly sure being retarded doesn't make you insane.

Insane could be suffering from flashbacks of a traumatic event and losing control and attacking someone.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2012, 01:42:49 AM »
Well, aside from whether or not he's a 'minge' in the City, I'm just going to say one thing...

Guns aren't an issue in the Outlands and aren't hard to find. Gun could rain down from Heaven, and it wouldn't matter because ammo for it is super duper rare and good luck finding it.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline El Problemo?

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2012, 02:08:34 AM »
I've noticed quite often if its not City being dominated its OL. It'll always be like City: 20 OL: 5 or vice versa. It's been like 20-20 or 15-15 once but its rare. People tend to switch from server to server
HL2RP Characters:

C45.CCA.GRID-03.826: Alive

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal