Author Topic: Let's revive the Outlands (A call to the community)  (Read 13008 times)

Re: Let's revive the Outlands (A call to the community)
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2012, 09:02:30 PM »
Dear sweet mother of jesus, I just looked at the members in outlands and the members in city; outlands has roughly 45 people. City has 0 This kinda scares me of the change so fast. But it looks as though this Thread has made it all happen, I am thinking of heading to Outlands sometime soon. I might.  :P
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 07:48:50 PM by SheeMagnet »
I have to kill fast and bullets too slow...

RoflWaffle: tryharding is a good thing in a way

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 01:15:27 AM »
I'm sad that you won't be on Outlands Hazard. On the bright side I get one plus point count for typing this.

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 02:46:59 AM »
I'm happy that you'll keep the outlands active most of the (few) weeks (days) but people won't really be moving toward the outlands and go back into city, but I liked that you hoped for an outlands revival but sadly it'll go back into city and repeat itself, maybe with the more players in outlands, OTA (If long enough) might even do a raid to enforce some Fear RP in there. The more players there is, Hopefully move give outs of wine and grapes at the castle, hopefully.
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline Sectus

• Flutterbutter
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2012, 05:16:52 AM »
Now you see what you have done? City is dead, and they had to lock Outlands! Blasphemy! Why must you upset the natural order of things, Atticat?

Spoiler for Hiden:
I'm kidding, for those of you who don't have a sense of humor.

http://sectussection.tumblr.com - My Tumblr Review Page
https://twitter.com/Sectus12 - My Twitter Page

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2012, 10:08:14 AM »
Now you see what you have done? City is dead, and they had to lock Outlands! Blasphemy! Why must you upset the natural order of things, Atticat?

Spoiler for Hiden:
I'm kidding, for those of you who don't have a sense of humor.

<3 I have a dream Sectus that one day City and Outland players can live in peace. I do think this will be a trend. But hopefully we will see which players find they enjoy the outlands and stay there for the long haul.

I also really hope I see you and Hazard down there sometime. You and I should form a little group or somethin!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 10:16:00 AM by Atticat »

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2012, 10:43:35 AM »
You made this thread, bunch of people go on outlands... Few days later it will be at 0/50 again.

This is how it will always be like, it will get messed up after all of the hype.

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2012, 05:19:04 PM »
I am seeing some fluxing between Outlands and City server. This is what I hope will be maintained for a time. In August 25th I'm going away to college and don't know how much I'll be on anymore, but as long as Outlands gains a stable population of happy players I will be happy too!

It has been a few days and Outlands is holding up. I have a fear that it will lose steam, but I believe Outlands is the best place for open-ended non-faction role-play, and I honestly think it's a breath of fresh air from the continued additions to the CCA (with all due respect) in the City server.

The Outlands provide incredible opportunities for character creation and development, especially with Vortigaunts, who can meet up in packs and roam the lands free, fighting the Combine or remaining neutral and joining certain human groups as they please. The possibilities are all over the place. It is a citizen and player-group driven server without concrete factions limiting RP. I've been having a blast and I really hope to see it continue.

Some of the admins like Challenge of Death have made the server a great time for me as well. I'm glad they spent a little time on the server, SMT as well. I know they have many responsibilities to both servers that must come first.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDITED:

Took out some of the childish insults in this post. I meant to write a heartfelt opinion about Outlands. I apologize.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 10:08:28 PM by Atticat »

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2012, 05:55:27 PM »
The problem is the servers linger around 5-15 players since the player base is divided which doesn't attract players so now we just have two low/moderately filled servers.

Offline Tyrone McNigga

• removed your title due to it being way too big - pm me(Kronic) to have it changed
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2012, 05:57:04 PM »
i dun no liek outlands so too laggy

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2012, 05:59:16 PM »
I know Turian ):, but right now, it's all I got. I'm sure some other players feel the same way. I was told to play Outlands when I had complaints about City. Honestly, City could never do it for me now that I've gotten a taste of Outlands with a character I'm invested in. I agree and understand the issue though.

Remember: The advantage of Outlands is that it does not need one faction to regulate the others. This is the beauty. Any faction, can rise up against one another. We are free. We are finally free.

(And this is with all the love in the world to the CCA players especially the extra cool ones)

Outlands is anarchy, unlike City server where one very privileged aristocracy of players is protected at the expense of the others. Furthermore, the Nexus gets larger and larger throughout different updates. Outlands is for everybody.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 10:47:20 PM by Atticat »

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2012, 10:45:43 PM »
Oh lawdy, Outlands has gotten a lot of attention. Now I get lonley on City and have to go to Outlands for entertainment. ;.;

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2012, 11:53:34 PM »
It seems as if outlands does not need OTA to rp at all actually. Sometimes i forget completely about OTA and i focus on different rp in outlands.

Which brings to my question... What is stopping people from playing on outlands?

Offline ReDrUm?´´?´°

• RedFag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2012, 12:10:01 AM »
What is stopping people from playing on outlands?

I don't find RapeRP fun. Back when Outlands was Canals, shit actually happened. Me and my friends would get chased down by OTA, have helicopters tailing us back to our warehouse. Shit was great. Now you sit in a bar waiting for the next person to attempt to rape you. I'm all for PassiveRP, but in my opinion, it's just too much.

C45.CCA.S4-OfC.280 | HEALTHY | Head of Section 4 Support
Rokus Relici | UNKNOWN | Standard P3 Criminal Scum
Kaylin Jacobs | HEALTHY | Accepted into the CWU

Offline Greg

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2012, 12:18:17 AM »
You know people always talk about "RapeRP" and I don't doubt that its happened. But I have literally never seen it, or heard about it from anyone. I saw more rape victims back on the city server then I do on Outlands. You must be missing a lot of RP if all you think happens on Outlands is rape.

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2012, 12:23:25 AM »
What is stopping people from playing on outlands?

I don't find RapeRP fun. Back when Outlands was Canals, shit actually happened. Me and my friends would get chased down by OTA, have helicopters tailing us back to our warehouse. Shit was great. Now you sit in a bar waiting for the next person to attempt to rape you. I'm all for PassiveRP, but in my opinion, it's just too much.
I genuinely never have seen this before, but I know Beans and his gang have probably done a number. Anyways I've never been close to that situation and I haven't seen anything like it. I just don't get it. I'm not saying Canals wasn't better, in fact, I wish I was around to have seen it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal