Author Topic: What do you think will happen in the 2012 Doomsday?  (Read 18494 times)

Offline Yimmy The Cat

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What do you think will happen in the 2012 Doomsday?
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 03:24:58 PM »
The mayan calender is just merely suggesting that it would be the new age of the world.
Not a single thing will happen. Nor will anyone give a shit. Apart from conspiracy theorists.
Actually, i heard that the Mayan calendar said the world would end in the year 2011, but then they found 3 others that said the world would end in the year 1012......

Doesn't that seem just a bit weird?
What starts off as a joke soon becomes a gamemode.

I envy you :'(  Did you furiously pull your cock off until your penis shot pure childrens tears?

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 03:32:52 PM »
The mayan calender is just merely suggesting that it would be the new age of the world.
Not a single thing will happen. Nor will anyone give a shit. Apart from conspiracy theorists.
Actually, i heard that the Mayan calendar said the world would end in the year 2011, but then they found 3 others that said the world would end in the year 1012......

No it's just that they got tired after writing a calender that goes for 2012 years... Do you know how long it would take to do each month, for 2012 years?

Probably a few riots, nothing else really :p

Offline Journeyman H. [UK]

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 07:35:19 PM »

You heard from where? Which source?
From what I see, the Mayans never predict the end of the world, only a new chapter of the world. The native Americans never believe the "end" of something. The reason people sparked claims that it was the end because the date would technically be 00.00.0.

Which would be the date would be 0, the month would be 0, and the year would be 0. From learning about the native Americans anyways, and what they believe in.
Also, take note that ancient civilisations happen to be excellent astronomers, so most likely an uncreditted mayan astronomer predicted the alignment of the galaxy being at a certain position, which then they used a prophecy, claiming that the world would be in a new era.

The reason people went batshit insane over it, was the date. Which they legitimately think the world would suffer a major disaster accross the entire planet.
Remember the year 2000, people went crazy because the calender of the computer returned as 1900.
I'm going to ignore any claims of a doomsday, unless I see real scientific evidence of such a disaster to arise.
Clearly racist.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 08:09:14 PM »

You heard from where? Which source?
From what I see, the Mayans never predict the end of the world, only a new chapter of the world. The native Americans never believe the "end" of something. The reason people sparked claims that it was the end because the date would technically be 00.00.0.

Which would be the date would be 0, the month would be 0, and the year would be 0. From learning about the native Americans anyways, and what they believe in.
Also, take note that ancient civilisations happen to be excellent astronomers, so most likely an uncreditted mayan astronomer predicted the alignment of the galaxy being at a certain position, which then they used a prophecy, claiming that the world would be in a new era.

The reason people went batshit insane over it, was the date. Which they legitimately think the world would suffer a major disaster accross the entire planet.
Remember the year 2000, people went crazy because the calender of the computer returned as 1900.
I'm going to ignore any claims of a doomsday, unless I see real scientific evidence of such a disaster to arise.

Or the Mayans just got really fucking bored and decided to stop writing a calender, lol. Simple explanation.

Offline Ducky

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2012, 08:09:22 PM »
jack shit.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Click to see the original size.

Offline Storm

• Bluff
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 01:05:55 AM »
Nothing will happen, but if it's like Fallout 3 all over again, I call dibs on Vault 101 Overseer.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 09:52:42 PM »
 C'mon man, where's all the zombie outbreak discussions? Anyways, there is a zombie in my porche. He's "dead"? Heh, get it? "Dead"? Oh, hell with it.

Offline Journeyman H. [UK]

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012, 11:29:55 AM »
C'mon man, where's all the zombie outbreak discussions? Anyways, there is a zombie in my porche. He's "dead"? Heh, get it? "Dead"? Oh, hell with it.
No.
Clearly racist.

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2012, 03:15:18 PM »
Or the Mayans just got really fucking bored and decided to stop writing a calender, lol. Simple explanation.
I surely doubt this, why would they initially write one?
Not saying that I believe in 2012 and all, but why would they write such thing if they're having this one thing that only they have, the ability to predict liesthe future. They would have written this as warning to people, why would they give up at a certain time, because they thought we(2012) wouldn't believe it anymore? Or that they have predicted so far they got tired of it. Or the writer/they may have died, unable to continue. Whatever reason, we are unable to predict liesthe future, so we can not be certain it wont happen.

However, 2010, 2011. And somewhere in 1900.

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2012, 05:14:05 PM »
Stalker 2 will fail to be released.
And then I go mad with a machete.
Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

Offline SoapANator

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2012, 11:43:13 AM »
Nothing. We've been throughout his many times and no one was right.

Many made predictions and they were ALL proven false as they did not happen so I don't believe this will happen.
Former Characters:
Jimmy Valtizno - Civil Protection memeber for six months. Highest rank achived: EpU in APEX. Cause of Death: Shot, for attempted suicide.
Konstatine Ivanov - Held in prison cell for Anti-Civil activity for several months. Unkown if he's dead or alive.

MIA Characters
Gregory 'Death' Nikitn- Last seen wondering acorss the Outlands, in a critical state.
Zoe Kriyake - Has not been heard in weeks. Possibly re-located to C-18

Alive Characters
Pavalo Anodov - Wondering C18, unsure

Offline Thor ?? ??¢ ??? ?² ?©

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2012, 08:11:17 PM »
I'm pretty sure it is just the end of a calender CYCLE. Tell me, what happens one minute after Dec 31st 11:59 PM? Does the world end because your calender doesn't have the next day? Nope! It's just another year (cycle) for our 12 month calender system. And if you go with the "They got tired of writing it" that works too, think of how many years they drew up calenders for when I'm sure they didn't think they would last THAT long. In addition, their calender is pretty different from ours. What will happen on that date? Nothing but a bunch of idiots being idiots. Maybe some riots and hell, but nothing "super natural" or "world ending".

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2012, 08:16:16 PM »
Whitney houston will rise from the grave and start singing "The bodyguard" god help us all...
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2012, 06:17:41 AM »
I think lots of retarded people will run around and be all "omg world going to end on xx/xx/xx", and eve- oh wait, they're already doing that.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2012, 07:11:50 AM »
STALKER 2 will fail to be released.

I go back to Battlefield 3 all of a sudden.

...or run around with a MG rambo style.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal