Author Topic: Lucid Dreaming (Right section?)  (Read 17194 times)

Offline Adrian ?NoRagrets

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Lucid Dreaming (Right section?)
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 11:35:01 AM »
Edit: Alright, for people that didn't understand what I meant with this.
Basically, you cant lucid dream unless you know you're dreaming in the dream world. And if you do, don't get too excited.
Oh right, Lucid Dreaming also fucks up your idea of reality. That's what Inception actually was based off of, after me having it a while. I kept looking at my hands if they were distorted.
I'll explain why I said it fucks up your idea of reality. To become aware of such a dream, and control it(not wild) you'll have to do reality checks, these reality checks would tell you if you are somewhat in a dream, obviously you'll have to go deeper than just looking at your palm, if it's distorted or anything different. - But what I'm saying is, when you're not dreaming you sometimes could have the feeling, you are. And that's why it fucks up reality, in my perspective, it has quite happened. But the first time I did a reality check in my dream I didn't know what to do, I was rushed by a scared feeling and got 'kicked' out of the dream and woke up.
[/quote]

Oh yeah I understand what you mean now. Yes, this happened to me too during the period I did reality checks. I had this weird feeling I'd snap out of what I thought was reality and into a dream. Strange as hell, but cool.

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 05:14:50 PM »
Does anyone's vision in the dream ever go extremely blurry once you figure out that it is a dream?
I can't deal well with dark figures approaching me, too strange.

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 05:31:23 PM »
Does anyone's vision in the dream ever go extremely blurry once you figure out that it is a dream?
I can't deal well with dark figures approaching me, too strange.
"If your lucid dream is coming to an end, you will notice your senses fading away - starting with vision and finishing with touch. It can happen within seconds so you need to act fast or you'll wake up. Alternatively, you may just lose your clarity of thought and slip back into a regular dream state which is blurry and guides itself."

You are most likely scared, nervous or any rushing emotion that is trying to wake you up. The solution to this is increasing your awareness.
  • Stay calm - don't run around or shout "I'm dreaming!" if you can help it. It's better to get a grip and relax back into the dream.
  • Rubs your hands together - movement appears to engage the conscious brain and prevent it from changing to a waking state.
  • Look at your hands - focus on your hands close-up to help you notice the finer details which aren't normally present in a dream.
  • Demand "clarity now" - say it out loud and your dreamscene will instantly snap into focus, as per your conscious instruction.
  • Do some mathematics - do a simple arithmetic sum in your head, such as 4 + 4, which engages the logical part of your brain.

If you notice the dream is slipping away (losing color and detail):
  • Spin around - spinning can help stabilize your awareness of the dream, although it can also make the dream scene go black. Save this for when you have more experience and control of the dream state.
  • Fall backwards - again, this relies on the principle that movement helps increase self-awareness within the dream.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 05:34:25 PM by Martinerrr »

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 05:34:29 PM »
But how am I to know when it is a truly lucid dream?

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 05:38:51 PM »
But how am I to know when it is a truly lucid dream?
Reality checks.

"To learn lucid dreaming, you must be able to spot the difference between a dream and waking reality.
Normally when you dream, you accept it as real life. It's only when you wake up that you realize something was strange.
By integrating reality checks into your waking life, you will soon do them in your dreams. This will snap your conscious mind to realizing: 'Hey - I'm dreaming!'"

"My default reality check is pushing two fingers from my right hand into the palm of my left hand and willing them to pass straight through. In waking life, this is discreet and always yields the same resistance. In a dream, my willing the fingers to pass through causes it to happen 90% of the time."

Also some effective reality checks.
  • Breathe - Can you hold your nose and mouth shut and breathe?
  • Jump - When you jump, do you float back down?
  • Read - Can you read a sentence twice without it changing?
  • Look - Is your vision clearer or blurrier than normal?
  • Hand - Can you push hand through a solid surface?
  • Time - Can you read a clock face or digital watch?
  • Fly - Can you will yourself to fly or hover above the ground?
  • Palms - Do the palms of your hands look normal close-up?
  • Mirrors - Does your reflection look normal in the mirror?
  • Math - Can you add up two numbers for a correct answer?

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 05:44:17 PM »
Well I understand now, but do these dreams ever scare you? I have had fucked up dreams and I can remember them, I think about them and remember some totally retarded errors that I don't understand how I missed. For example, I have had dreams where my "parents" weren't what I remembered, some random items and just other stuff that I should have noticed.

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 05:48:32 PM »
Well I understand now, but do these dreams ever scare you? I have had fucked up dreams and I can remember them, I think about them and remember some totally retarded errors that I don't understand how I missed. For example, I have had dreams where my "parents" weren't what I remembered, some random items and just other stuff that I should have noticed.
See that's why many people do Lucid Dreams.
First, if you want to do a Lucid Dream, you have to make up an idea why to do it.
I myself, want to find out more about myself, my subconscious. If there's people in your dream, talk with them. - These people are not other people, they are you. They are your reflection. Just ask them stuff like. "Hey, how are you?" "What are you doing here?" Normal questions, and if they respond weird. Go on about it, yes this may seem fucked up. But facts are proven.

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2012, 05:50:41 PM »
I see, it may be informative talking to myself. In fact I may try just to see if it works for me.

Offline Heavy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2012, 06:15:52 PM »
I honestly used the other method last night. After looking at my hands, and asking myself if I were in a dream (Took 3 weeks) I did it in a dream. It only lasted a small amount of time after that, but it was odd. I'm going to try this WILD method tonight.

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2012, 06:20:39 PM »
I honestly used the other method last night. After looking at my hands, and asking myself if I were in a dream (Took 3 weeks) I did it in a dream. It only lasted a small amount of time after that, but it was odd. I'm going to try this WILD method tonight.
Don't try WILD. - WILD is very scary.
The reason why I am so active in this thread is because I am making my subconscious ready, making it ready for doing it tonight. - Without a day of preparations. I have looked at my hands every now and then, know how they look, have questioned if I'm dreaming. And seriously go on about, not just think and say okay. - I have read most of their posts to become more aware on what to do, and basically I am ready. And with them I mean websites that are based for it. I use http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/ It's a very simple website, make sure when there's something linked open it in new tab read it later. It's simple, and not hard to read.

Don't do WILD I say again.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 08:28:06 PM »
Saying not to use the WILD method is the wrong idea about the whole process.

The WILD method is only scary if you make it so. The general idea is to not let those thoughts cross your mind, don't think about a faceless demon entering your room to kill you. Think happy and be objective. Remember what you are trying to do and don't lose that thought. If at any time it becomes scary close your eyes and do some math, you'll enter a normal dream and have a normal night's sleep.

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012, 08:43:36 PM »
I could understand how it can be scary but isn't the point of this whole thread to get up to the WILD method?

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2012, 09:24:42 PM »
Can a lucid dream turn in to... A lucid nightmare? I've read this thread at 02:24 AM and am actually shitting myself and dont want to go to bed...

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2012, 09:25:59 PM »
How does one start lucid dreaming?
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Heavy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2012, 09:29:40 PM »
Can a lucid dream turn in to... A lucid nightmare? I've read this thread at 02:24 AM and am actually shitting myself and dont want to go to bed...

Yes, but remember when you're in a lucid dream, you are pretty much controlling your dream. You could point at the thing chasing it and make it explode if you wanted. Hell, in my dream I flew through the roof of my house into my bedroom, where I locked my door.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal