Author Topic: Character Name and Description Guide.  (Read 2044 times)

The Mysterious Stranger

Character Name and Description Guide.
« on: July 11, 2011, 05:47:50 PM »
 Citizen Character.

Citizens are the most popular characters and are the first kind of character you will have to create. You will face a lot of these citizens in-game. You can either develope these characters to a higher level, either to become a Civil Protection unit, Unoffical Rebel Group member, Civil Workers Union worker or a loyalist but lets put that aside for now. Today, I will show you what appropiate type of Name and Physical Description your character will need!

Before creating a character description, chose the appropiate model for your character. Once you have a model, tell what details it holds.

Male Character.

For example, I chose this one: models/humans/group_02/male_09.mdl

You can notice that this model has facial hair around his chin. You do notice that around his mouth has faint facial hair which means that he doesn't have very much hair, his eyes and hair are dark brown. His body is also buffed slightly but in-game, it shows that he is very weak as a citizen due to malnourishing foods such as Dr. Breen Water and Citizen Supplements. They might come out as agressive or happy nature. He wears Blue Civilian Apparel with the map number on there clothes. (Map name, City18, City45, City8, etc)

Female Character.

For example, I chose this one: models/humans/group_01/female_01.mdl

You can notice that she is young, around the age of 25-30. She is very slim. Her hair shaped into a pony tail and is colored in brown. Her eyes are brown too. Her model may be fast but in-game she a very weak citizen due to malnourishing foods such as Dr. Breen Water and Citizen Supplements. They might come out as agressive or happy nature. She wears Blue Civilian Apparel with the map number on there clothes. (Map name, City18, City45, City8, etc)

Civil Workers Union

Civil Workers Union are one of the lowest citizens you can encounter in-game, they are friendly to Citizens and UCA CP's. They only work for the UCA units and always listen to them which counts as 'Loyal' or 'Trustworthy' in-game. They are too weak as a citizen. They wear beach-colored Civilian Apparel with a armband.

Civil Protection and Overwatch

The Civil Protection and Overwatch are very well fed so they are not malnourished, they usually have more strength then the citizens and rebels. The Civil Protection have kevlar, metal masks, stunstick batons, duty knife, weapons like MP-7s, Spas-12, or 9mm. Remember that each rank holds more and more as they gain ranks (Stronger kevlar and masks, stronger weapons.) The overwatch are beefy units, they usually come out at Judgement/Autonomous Waivers. The overwatch usually come in to two units, the Original overwatch and the Elite Overwatch, both trained. They carry primary weapons like AR2s and have flak jacket armor and thick kevlar to resist bullets and explosives. Both units do not tell there age.

The Rebels

The rebels are people who are notified as 'Anti-Citizens'. Most of them come out with Medical or Resistance suits. Most of them have brown hair and brown eyes. They are very low on malnourishment since they eat a lot of food. They are poorly armored. Your model may be the same like these characters but when you put the resistance suit on, there facial hair and clothes will be changed immediately in-game. [The lambda armband does not count in-game, it should count as a blank armband.]

Appropiate Name's and Character Physical Description

Character Physical Description

Your character will face a lot of differences within the game. Your character description should show what your character looks like.

In small format, this is what a character physical description should look like for most average RPers.

Citizens, Civil Workers Union workers and Rebels.
 Age (e.g. 18-23)|HairColor&EyeColor|Gender|ClothingorArmor|AdditionalWearings (Dogtags, Necklace, Glasses, Duffelbag and Backpack, etc.)|Emotions (Agressive, Happy)|Karma Against Others (Trustworthy, Violent.)|5'8|

Civil Protection and Overwatch.
 Armor (Flak Jacket and/or Kevlar)|Weapon (AR2, MP-7, 9mm, Stunstick Baton)|Uniform color (Black, white.)|Lens/Visor color (Red, Orange, Black.)|Agressive, Scary|Strong|6'2

The Civil Protection and Overwatch are much more stronger than the citizens, CWU workers and Rebels.

Also, your description can hold different melee weapons created by YOU in RP. You can carry a homemade knife, leadpipe, needle... Clothing such as fedoras, glasses, hoodies will get you into detainment or amputation.

If you want to change your character physical description, you can type this in /charphysdesc.

Wrong Description (IMPORTANT)

Some newcomers may put different stuff inside there description such as this:

"Brother of Gordan Freeman", "Survivor of the Black Mesa incident", "LARGE COCK",  "Loves the resistance but hates the combine"

Something referening to these descriptions like "Brother of Gordan Freeman" will not be ACCEPTABLE and you WILL BE KICKED from the server or BANNED if you do not listen to the admins. Remember, it should not include your characters background either.

Also, for the men and ladies out there. Handsome, large cock, large breasts, big ass, sexy, attractive, fast, strong will NOT be acceptable too. Some players will not find you attractive in there opinion and no, some citizens dont have these.

Appropiate Name (IMPORTANT)

Choose a name for your character, remember! It must not be celebrety/funny names such as 'Brittany Spears, Gordan Frohman, John Freeman, Will Smith, Morgan Freeman' or anything included with this topic names.

Your name should be something close to your accent, for example. If I chose a russian person, my name would come close to 'Tels Perzan' or 'Kelg Prozski'. Once you've chosen a perfect name, the admins will not tell you anything in OOC that is wrong.

I hope this helped for those RPers out there!

« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 06:11:45 PM by The Mysterious Stranger »

Offline vFear?

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Character Name and Description Guide.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 05:56:37 PM »
Remember, it's a Physical description. If someone were to look at you, they should be able to see what's on your Physical Description. If we can't see something about you, like for example, you have always wanted to run a book store, it shouldn't be in your Physical Description.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 06:00:46 PM »
That is what I said in the thread if you looked closely. It shows the short method of what a description should look like.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 06:07:25 PM »
Protip: If its in your physdesc it can be told.  So if you say you have a knife in your physdesc, a CCA can and will amputate you.

Offline Bromine

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 07:56:39 PM »
I have a character named Will Smith, CWU CO-O, but I didn't realize it was a stars name until a bit later, but no admins have changed it so it must be ok sice I mean it not as a star reference.

Offline SaoulZod

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 12:40:31 AM »
"Will Smith", despite being an actor's name, is a very common name still. I think it would be bad if they did force you to change it based on that. At least have them change it to "William Smith", if they want to.  Keep your unique (kind of) identity. :)

you ban me for such bad reason u just cant understand the level of depth i roleplay on i am just far better roleplayer than u lol play half life 2 and then come back 2 this server plz
*sigh*
chunkeymonkey79: please get the entire CG community and uproot Saoul and RTLK
Thanks, Chunkey.

Offline Bromine

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 04:13:12 AM »
Oh, no, it is William. :P

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal