Author Topic: MINIGUIDE - Creating a Citizen  (Read 2800 times)

Offline GeeMayn

• View Profile
    • Awards
MINIGUIDE - Creating a Citizen
« on: June 12, 2011, 01:56:32 PM »
This is not a guide on how to roleplay as a Citizen, it's a guide on how to create an appropiate citizen character.

CREATING A CITIZEN.
As we all know, the citizen faction is the only faction everyone can roleplay as, being our prime faction, they're a lot of minges in it.

HOW TO CREATE A CHARACTER.
I would honestly be suprised if you didn't know how to do this, but here's how you do it, just in case:
    1. Press 'NEW'
    2. Choose the appropiate faction and gender
    3. Enter an appropiate name and/or physical description
    4. Choose a model and/or Press OK.
    5. Enter suitable attributes, and press CREATE.

SUITABLE
I find it annoying how uncreative and unoriginal names are, such as 'John Smith' or 'Miles Power'. A simple solution is to use a real life name or a name generator.

I also find it very annoying how players add mental related quotes in their physical description, such as 'smart', 'mean', 'hates CP', etc. They call it a physical description for a reason.

On the topic, don't put anything stupid or obvious such as 'Hates the CP' 'Likes Rebels' 'Expert on Guns', that horseshit.

Finally, don't add any shit to your physical description that makes you better than the average citizen, such as 'tough', 'smart', 'strong', etc. You can't be strong because you've been malnourished for almost 6 years.

Make yourself the average, weak citizen.

That basically concludes the miniguide, feel free to post if you think anything else could be added.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 11:06:58 AM by Abbott à²?_à²? »

Offline SoapANator

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: MINIGUIDE - Creating a Citizen
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 03:24:19 PM »
I like dis guide
Former Characters:
Jimmy Valtizno - Civil Protection memeber for six months. Highest rank achived: EpU in APEX. Cause of Death: Shot, for attempted suicide.
Konstatine Ivanov - Held in prison cell for Anti-Civil activity for several months. Unkown if he's dead or alive.

MIA Characters
Gregory 'Death' Nikitn- Last seen wondering acorss the Outlands, in a critical state.
Zoe Kriyake - Has not been heard in weeks. Possibly re-located to C-18

Alive Characters
Pavalo Anodov - Wondering C18, unsure

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 03:31:01 PM »
I hate the:
Strong|Smart|Fast|Big Muscles|Well Fed|Has Seen Combat|Loaded with Guns|HIS ARMS ARE FUCKING CANNONS
Physdescs.
[CG-SA]Toy4x4funrun: When guns are involved RP = basicly void
lolwut?

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 10:41:31 AM »
I hate the:
Strong|Smart|Fast|Big Muscles|Well Fed|Has Seen Combat|Loaded with Guns|HIS ARMS ARE FUCKING CANNONS
Physdescs.

Yeah, then when you ask about it they're like ''He fed on rats and babies in the sewers.''
And when you fight them they're annoying when it comes to strength

Offline Kiruclanz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 03:54:58 PM »
No matter how many guides you make, fgts will also still make fail things. A few days ago I saw about 10 fail descs. Heres a few of them.

"a big black man who will steal your shit if you leave it unprotection"

"Is a member of the Lambda Movement"

"A Radioactive Dwarf who grew up in a Radioactive cave durring the 7 hour war"

"cop"

"body builder"

"Fat|200 Pounds|Salvia Coming from Mouth|" (This is a PHYSICAL description, but no Citizens are fat as GeeMayn said before. And why would someone have SALVIA coming from their mouth?!)

"InDestructable, Bullets bounce off of him, if you punch him your arm will fall off."

"a big nigger that likes melons"

"big/strong/is able to handle himself in any fight/"

"the newst member 2 roleplay"

These are all REAL description that I saw this week. Don't believe me? Go on the server and the first 10 people you will see(Not including CPs), atleast three will have descriptions like this. 3 out of 10 people are noobs on the server. That's That's about 60% of our player base. Either the admins put a big sign at spawn that says "NEW TO ROLEPLAY? WELL DON'T BE A FAG AND GO READ THE GUIDES: http://catalyst-gaming.net/" Or you
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 03:57:24 PM by Kiruclanz »

I. HATE. BRONIES. Bronie haters will rule the earth some day.

Offline [CG]shadow_wolf360

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 08:35:54 PM »
I agree completely, powergaming in a CharDesc? How low can you get the things you need are PHYSICAL characteristics not that crap.

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 11:10:07 PM »
This covers everything but just remember not to make names that are well known example like Gordon Freeman or (I'v seen this before) don't put Vance, Breen or Freeman as your last name saying how your related. It's unrealistic!

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal