Author Topic: [PENDING] Joshua Lindburie's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1001 times)

Offline Zero

• View Profile
    • Awards
[PENDING] Joshua Lindburie's Civil Authority Application
« on: June 14, 2012, 12:57:57 PM »
Joshua Lindburie's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: sarge3000

IC Character Name: Joshua Lindburie

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
In all honesty, Joshua never wanted to join the CCA. It just wasn't his thing to uphold or respect the law. He thought that I'd be fun to rebel against them in a way only he could: by being the biggest sociopath he could manage to be. It didn't work out how he'd hoped, however.

He got apprehended when he tried to save a girl from being detained. He started mocking the unit that tried to get his vital information (Name, CID etc.) . This in turn, resulted in him being inspected by higher ranking units. They didn't find anything irregular about him but attracted one units attention in particular.

One thing led to another and he was now sitting in the amputation chamber, waiting for someone. In what he thought were his final moments, he was spared and transformed into a brainwashed citizen who serves only the Universal Union. (Yes, this really did happen, I'm not bullshitting you.) After serving a special division of the CCA called ZEALOT as a citizen, he decided it was time to move on. That time is now.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Still a sociopath even after getting brainwashed, he's frighteningly loyal only to the Union. Always grinning regardless of the situation, this intimidates most people. He'll get the job done in any way he can, not taking into account other people.

Joshua is loyal in his own way, evil in his own right and will abuse people to get what he wants. Loves animals, though.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
Never being in the CCA directly, I don't really know what to expect. I've learned quite a bit while working with the CCA so closely and am looking forward to finding out what more I can learn about it. I know I won't be able to learn a lot while being a recruit, but I'm willing to wait. Also, I see this as an opportunity to expand my role-play beyond what it is now and see how I manage to handle being an officer of the (not very fair or nice) law.

For my character, Joshua, I expect this to be like a train crashing into a car and then god descending from the heavens to throw lighting at the crater. Him being what he is (a selfish, egotistical sociopath with an uncanny loyalty to the union), I think he'll both be able to rise to the top but also make a lot of people around hate him. I think he'll find most challenging is finding a person who won't dislike being around him, although I doubt he even needs a person like that. Most importantly, he'll be able to serve  the union directly now, and that makes him ecstatic. All in all, Joshua will probably stay loyal to the Union in his own right, like he always has.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
It was a hot day in California. Joshua, or how he was known by everybody else, Josh, was sifting through trash like every other day. He wasn't homeless, but neither was he rich. He was just trying to make a quick buck to sell off. See, he didn't like staying in California. Too many dumb people and assholes, he said. Not having a job was tough on him in a way that only lazy people could relate - he was bored. Did I mention it was Thursday? Joshua hated Thursdays. Anyway, on this hot Thursday evening, his friends spotted him looking through the trash once again. They offered him some money and while he needed it, he hated being in debt to someone, even his own family, which is why he was still in California. He hated them for even suggesting such a thing and started insulting all of them. Making fun of their weaknesses and such. Oddly enough, these people didn't leave him even after he mocked them everyday, saying he hates their guts, that they are trash and that they should just die.

Joshua was a sociopath who loved animals and hated people. He said that people have sentience and still kill animals for food while saying that their lives aren't worth as much as a life of a human. The mere thought of this enraged Josh. He started regarding humans as "trash" because of this and that he, was here to clean up the trash. He shared his views vocally and the town he was in quickly started hating him. He, in turn, started hating people even more.

So, why in the world then, won't these people leave him alone? He doesn't regard them as friends and insults them every time they want to help him, yet they still try to befriend him. This was unthinkable to him. Why would they do that, he thought to himself.
This dragged on for two more years. He was now officially 23 years-old. Nothing had changed and his life was still full of boredom, hate and trash. But he stopped calling 4 people trash. Those people were Terry, Jake, Mike and July, the same people who wouldn't leave him alone. Why did he stop calling them trash? He witnessed them saving a puppy. That was it. In the entire time span of 2 years, this is the only memorable thing he could actually look back at and smile to himself about. The rest were just jumbled up, pointless memories.

Once again, it was Thursday in California. And once again, Joshua was sifting through trash, looking for something to sell off. A cool, random shade appeared on him and it definitely made him cool off for a bit. And then he realized, he was in the city dump, in the very middle of the dump, in fact. How in the world could there be a shade? He looked up, and saw an uncountable number of airplanes. Not knowing what it meant, he thought there was going to be an air parade or something. He remembers checking the newspaper, the US didn't get into any wars. It was the only logical thing for him to think up.

And then it happened. The streets were burning, the city was engulfed in flames and chaos had ensued. The people were evacuating out of the city. The very last military issued bus was hurdling people into it in a hurry. As he was getting inside, the four people he trusted the most, pushed him out of the way in a crazed panic and there wasn't any more room for him. Josh saw the bus drive off without him. He looked upon it confused, disheartened and angry. A flash of light zipped by and destroyed the bus along with half the block.

Joshua doesn't remember what happened after that, he only remembers waking up in unknown city, with an unknown order ruling it. Fucking Thursdays, he said.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
About 4 years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
About 1/ 1.5 years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
Maybe 2-3 months.

4. What Time zone are you in?
GMT +2

5. In what country do you live?
Lithuania

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
Labor camps that quickly turned into concentration camps. This dragged on for a week or so and it was probably the most rigorous and fun RP I've done.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Joshua Lindburie
CID: 18180
Height: 6'2
Hair Colour Bald.
Eye Colour: Green.
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 190
Mental Distinctions: Loyal, hardworking, brave.
Mental Defects: Once focused on something, absolutely have to finish it.
Mental Advantages: Very smart, knows a lot about the wars humanity has endured thus far, is a capable mathematician, knows some medicine.
Notable Qualities: Physically fit, trained in hand-to-hand, never gets colds.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes, of course.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes, I do.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes, I will.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
To protect and serve the Union while bettering the lives of others. I believe I can help make a change and bring prosperity to all. The Union has given me so much, I need to repay it in full.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Joshua Lindburie hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 03:54:17 PM by Abbott »

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Joshua Lindburie's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 03:54:05 PM »
UNIT: 522
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: Divisional Leader
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...