Author Topic: [PENDING]Andy Lawstein's Civil Authority Application  (Read 931 times)

Offline Hotpocket

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[PENDING]Andy Lawstein's Civil Authority Application
« on: March 29, 2012, 09:23:44 PM »
Andy Lawstein's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Hotpocket (add andrew24400)

IC Character Name: Andy Lawstein

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
  Andy Lawstein wants to join the combine civil authority because he believes it will lead to a better life for him. He realizes the CCA gets treated better. He would also get to experience being in a spot of power for the first time in his life. All Andy has ever wanted was a normal life, like before the portal storms. Andy views differ from most of the population.
  Although most see the combine as a threat, a obstacle, Andy sees them as an opportunity. At first he was skeptical, but over time Andy seemed to not mind the CCA as much as he did at first. He realized they were here to protect him, not harm him. Although they are harsh, he realizes it's tough love. Andy also wants to help the average citizen, and protect them from the "terrorists" that have been picking up speed.
  Joining the CCA would not only benefit Andy, but he hopes to also help out his sister Jenny. Jenny was always there for him when he was little, but now Andy believes it is his turn to look out for her. On top of the perks, helping out Jenny, and finally being able to help the average citizen, Andy has a lot to hope and work for.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Loyal, Trustworthy, Caring, Kind Hearted, Quick-Witted

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
  I am expecting the CCA to be a new experience for me and my character. I have been in a few factions in different communities, but I think this may be my best. I just can't wait to hand out rations, or beat my first citizen! Most of all I'm looking forward to CCA passive roleplay. Just communicating with others units as equals and patrolling the plaza.
   I know there will be times when my patience will be tested, and times when I must make difficult choices, but I will be able to work through it all. I know it will be a bit difficult to adjust to playing the CCA, sense I usually play factions like Duty on a SRP, but I'm sure I can make the adjustment. Overall, I believe this will be a new and fresh thing for my character and I. I don't think I will tire of being a CCA unit.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
  Andy Lawstien was born in 1986. He grew up in a moderately wealthy family. Andy your average child, he had just finished high school and gotten his diploma when the portal storms started. Andy and his family moved into the city of Chicago, where Andy and his family were crammed into a small apartment building in the central city. Sure, there were better places, but Andy's parents wanted to be the farthest into the city, to be safe from the monsters outside the city walls.
  Andy lived semi-normally for the next few years. But then they came. At first it seemed like a normal monster attack, but then it became obvious something was different. Andy and his family hid in the basement during this seemingly endless all-out attack on Chicago. After the fighting stopped, Andy and his family emerged from their home. The city is in ruins. Giant broadcasting screens are set up in places, telling of the surrender of earth, and earth's new administrator, Wallace Breen.
  Later, after Andy's family is found by synthetic beings and are herded onto a train. The train is supposedly on it's way to a place named "City 45". There seems to be a new sort of police force. They are called the Combine Civil Authority. They wear strange uniforms, and beat people ruthlessly. Andy lives in city 45 for awhile, life seeming to pass by fast. Andy's parents eventually pass away, and Andy's sister is grief-stricken. Andy soon realizes these "combine" are here to help. They may be ruthless, but they have the right idea.
  After saying goodbye to his sister, and walking to the CCA application center, Andy decides to fill out an application. He takes it back to a bench in the plaza. Andy watches the crows fly by as he fills out the application. Maybe...maybe from now on things will be better. Only time will tell.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
A few years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Yes.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
A few weeks.

4. What Time zone are you in?
Central

5. In what country do you live?
USA

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
I'd have to be the first time I met a vortigaunt on hl2rp on TnB. We shared ithysaur meat and talked about the Vortessense (However you spell it) and about a citizen he was healing. It was a short encounter, but it made a lasting impression.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Andy Lawstein
CID: 28865
Height: 5'11
Hair Colour Black
Eye Colour: Blue
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 170
Mental Distinctions: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Mental Defects: Quickly Agitated
Mental Advantages: Intelligent.
Notable Qualities: Loyal, Trustworthy, Caring.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No, I have not.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I wish to make the streets safer, to put it basically. I want to make a better life for my sister and I, and the other citizens. I respect the CCA, and have long wanted to be a part of it. I know the CCA needs all the help it can get, and I'm sure I'd be a valuable asset.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Andy Lawstein hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 05:58:34 PM by Kom??Як »

Offline Saints Sasha

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [PENDING]Andy Lawstein's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 08:54:45 PM »
UNIT: 226
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: Officer
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network