Author Topic: [PENDING]Joseph Jones's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1146 times)

Offline Lawdee -

• View Profile
    • Awards
[PENDING]Joseph Jones's Civil Authority Application
« on: March 08, 2012, 02:29:44 AM »
Joseph Jones's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Lawdee

IC Character Name: Joseph Jones

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Joseph wanted to join the CCA for a long time, all because of one event. Back in City 65 he had been mugged by two citizens and had almost all of his tokens and items stolen from him. He has forgotten nearly everything of before City 45 but that one memory remains in his head, pestering him. From that day forward he only wanted one thing: he wanted scum like that wiped off the face of the earth and he could think of only one way to achieve this. Join the Combine Civil Authorities!

Joseph has seen units beat up citizens for what they have done wrong and while being shocked at the sights also felt a sense of justice. You can't just walk up to a citizen and politely ask them to stop wreaking chaos in the society. Besides, the Universal Union know what they're doing, right? At least that doctor Breen does. He's like a man always watching over you, wishing the best for you. Oh, how Joseph wants to meet Breen someday.

One aspect one cannot forget is of course the sparse food the citizens get. The units never seem hungry, they must be getting some nice Combine food somewhere in that fancy Nexus of theirs. All of these things combined only leads up to one conclusion: It's only wise to join the Combine Civil Authorities and that is exactly what Joseph is doing.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Shy to a certain degree, oftentimes enabling his stutter in front of various people.
Rather kind and willing to try and change a situation through words than blunt force, amusingly not being able to use neither.
Quick, logical and creative mindset.
Unwilling to jump into anything, without thinking beforehand.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
I expect I will need to be dedicated to my role as a unit because I will have to memorize all the codes and names of locations, but the main reason for applying is of course to have fun. I know that if I RP well the role can be very rewarding, but if I mess it up I could instantly get kicked out of the CCA, or what seems to be instantly. I also think joining this faction will help me expand my roleplaying experience. I will have to develop my character more, gradually changing his attitude towards citizens seeing them more as meatbags instead of normal human beings as his ranks increase.

IC, I don’t expect Joseph to like how the CCA “reminds” the citizens of how to act at first, but I think he will get a feel for it later on. Joseph will try to be as professional as he can and will try to break the least possible rules he can (because of his dikephobia, the fear of breaking rules). I expect Joseph to not be intimidated by citizens at all, he’s the one with the electric beating stick after all, but he will still avoid having to beat citizens in his early stages. One last thing to mention is fear of higher up units. He has had a confrontation with a high status unit before and I expect Joseph to be absolutely mortified of these units in his early stages but I expect he will get used to them later on.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Joseph Jones was a fisherman living nearby lake Windmere in England. He had a wife and two beautiful children, or so he said himself. He lived very simply, didn’t make a lot of money but he was very happy with the money he did make, and that was enough for him. One day, rumbling was heard “Earth quake!” Joseph’s son and daughter screamed in unison! What the happy family didn’t know was that this was the beginning of the portal storms and horrible monsters started to invade the earth.
Then the military comes knocking on his door, ordering him to move away from his perfect home into the polluted and already crowded cities. The cities were then barricaded so no living being could enter. Or leave. Joseph, his wife and his children luckily found a nice home just inside the barricades.
There they lived, in a less perfect but acceptable home. Then, once again rumbling was heard. By now it shouldn’t really be a surprise, the portal storms continued, but this time it was different rumbling. Rumbling accompanied by strange sounds, unearthly sounds. Joseph ordered his wife and kids to get into the cellar, like he always did when there was rumbling, “Aww, not again” his kids complained but this time Joseph was more keen on getting his family to safety, he did not know why himself. The sounds were muffled, but audible. They kept growing louder and louder and were sometimes accompanied by a few loud bangs. In the cellar the Jones family sat for ten long hours, accompanied by a radio, a television (both could not get a reception for some strange reason) and a few videogames for the kids.
When the sounds finally seemed to have stopped the family decided to come out, greeted by a sight of utter devastation and carnage. It was soon that they were picked up by some soldiers, different looking soldiers. The city he had lived in was now dubbed “City 32”, Joseph got forced into a blue attire and was separated from his wife and kids, not knowing what happened or what was going to happen to them.
There he lived, in an even less perfect and not even acceptable home, for a long year. Actually, his former home was taken from him and demolished. He was now to live in the apartments, along with thousands of other citizens. These were also the apartments where he got mugged by two citizens, which left a nasty scar on his left arm. Eventually he was given a relocation coupon and was transferred to City 45. Six years of chemically altered water also took its toll. There were no memories of a happy home by lake Windmere, there were no memories of the wife who had given him his first kiss, there were no memories of his two darling children.
All the memories have faded.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
About two or three years on Kuromeku's super serious RP servers.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Same time, never did anything else but serious RP.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
A little more than two weeks.

4. What Time zone are you in?
GMT+1

5. In what country do you live?
The Netherlands

6. How old are you?
Fifteen years old.

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
Back when I was an 04 in Kuromeku's super serious server there was an event of the apartments flooding because of a leak in the piping. I was a GRID (The technical department) so I had to fix it up, and so I did together with a unit from another department, who RP'd shutting down various water systems from out the Nexus. Eventually after some really fun role-playing me and him received a promotion to 03, which was really something at the time. Most of the units were 04's and you were really powerful if you were an 03. We both felt so badass.

The very next day, Kuromeku cleared the CCA roster because most units weren't doing it correctly.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes, absolutely.

IC Section

Full Name: Joseph Jones
CID: 87554
Height: 5
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 118 lbs
Mental Distinctions: Doesn't talk much, and is afraid to break rules.
Mental Defects: Dikephobia, the fear of breaking rules.
Mental Advantages: As I have mentioned before, Joseph has a quick, logical and creative mindset.
Notable Qualities: A scar on his left arm

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No, not once.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
When I get one, I eat it.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes, I am willing to give my life to the cause of the Universal Union.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes, I as a citizen accept ALL actions performed by me and those under my command as my OWN responsibility.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes, I will remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as I live.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I want to join the Combine Civil Authority because I want law-breaking anti-citizens off the streets and want society to be as stable as possible, without citizens running or jumping around like idiots.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Joseph Jones hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 05:34:18 PM by Kom??Як »
Joseph Jones/C45.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.937

Angelica Jones

One not-so happy family.

Offline Saints Sasha

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Joseph Jones's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 04:38:27 PM »
UNIT: 226
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: Officer