Author Topic: Way to ticket Illegal parking  (Read 4032 times)

Offline Nacho Libre

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Way to ticket Illegal parking
« on: May 07, 2013, 06:39:31 PM »
There are a lot of car's that Illegal park and do not come back to there car because they are growing or have a ride with someone else.
So what i was thinking away to ticket the car like you ticket there person. and when they hope in the car they can Accept or Decline the ticket. And if decline then you can purse the car and ticket like normal, and if they Accept it then they "learn the less not to Illegally park."

Offline [D3] ????£??Silence

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Way to ticket Illegal parking
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 07:25:09 PM »
No joke +support

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 07:39:11 PM »
This would be great. Towing a car isn't always the best way to punish an illegally parked car. Sometimes it's minor that's only worth a $50 fine.

Offline Nacho Libre

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 08:03:50 PM »
yeah in real life they tow and fine or just fine.. but yeah it would be a little fine $20-$50  pending how many times it has happen with that car. And there not always a tow truck on duty so ticket is are only way.

Offline Red Alexmander

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 09:41:51 PM »
Maybe press F3 on the car as cop? Perhaps it could get the money straight from the person's bank, and it would notify them via a hint that they have been fined for $50-$100 for illegal parking. If they had no money in bank it could notify the officer that the person is unable to pay it, then they would have to track them down or wait for them to get a little income before ticketing again.

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 10:24:12 PM »
Maybe press F3 on the car as cop? Perhaps it could get the money straight from the person's bank, and it would notify them via a hint that they have been fined for $50-$100 for illegal parking. If they had no money in bank it could notify the officer that the person is unable to pay it, then they would have to track them down or wait for them to get a little income before ticketing again.

It shouldn't automatically make them pay it. It should simply be a ticket in their inventory that prevents them from driving until paid. Also, on a PERP server they had this....a shitty version of people....I don't know, they were all bad after 2.5. Anyway in that server cops would run around clicking on every parked car they could find to give them a ticket because they were just minges.
There would need to be a limit or something to the amount of tickets in a time period. Say one ticket a minute. Also the vehicle must not have a driver in it, it may be running (If the start engine idea is added) to give a ticket. Just no driver is needed to give a parking ticket.
Also maybe if a player creates 3+ tickets in under 2-2 and a half minutes an administrator would be notified with a hint to just be aware that some guy may be abusing the tickets.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 10:25:52 PM by [S-ZPS] Sherman [EC] »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 10:42:09 PM »
This seems really abusable. I'm trying to think of ways to prevent abuse of it. A timer/limiter isnt going to stop a random ticket. There needs to be something to control this.

Also, vehicles owned by others, particularly buses, tend to smack other cars and drive away like nothing happened. I've seen this way too many times. Not so sure this suggestion would be good for OCRP.

Offline Red Alexmander

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 11:26:39 PM »
This seems really abusable. I'm trying to think of ways to prevent abuse of it. A timer/limiter isnt going to stop a random ticket. There needs to be something to control this.

Also, vehicles owned by others, particularly buses, tend to smack other cars and drive away like nothing happened. I've seen this way too many times. Not so sure this suggestion would be good for OCRP.

Maybe it would pop up like a normal ticket to the person when the cop put it on the car, and they could decline it or accept it.

And I know it would be a bit of work, but couldn't you technically set a zone on the map where tickets are/aren't allowed? At least where it will notify admins when a ticket is given in that area, so they could check and make sure if they need to.

Offline Nacho Libre

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 01:11:15 AM »
Yeah like i said when they hope in the car they get the ticket like when you fine someone standing next to you and they can accept it or decline it. that would prevent the spam and the person that is getting the ticket have a little control.
Put a limit of tickets per min is a good idea.
If the person Declines it (say its not spam) the cop can track them down and talk to them.. and if the Person thinks  they should park there they can talk to the cop or call a admin.
If its spam they can Decline it and a admin can get notified if the car(license plate or Name) is getting spam tickets per min or something like that.
Lastly
Fine's are not a big ticket. In real life Tickets are like 15$-30$ max. so Charging 150 to 300$$ is kinda stupid. I was think for a parking ticket it would be anywhere from 10$-30$ depends on how many time's they park illegally. 

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 08:02:04 AM »
Perhaps have it so only say level 2 or 3 cops can ticket parked cars with a 3 min timer on it still?
what

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 09:43:42 AM »
Isn't it just as abusable as a regular ticket? Anyone can walk up to a citizen, press F3 on them, and fine them. They obviously have the option to deny it, just as they would with the parking ticket.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2013, 10:17:52 AM »
Isn't it just as abusable as a regular ticket? Anyone can walk up to a citizen, press F3 on them, and fine them. They obviously have the option to deny it, just as they would with the parking ticket.

I personally don't like having a system like this. It's way to easy for police officers to run around tickiting vehicles who are just parked slightly wrong. Rather have a roleplay situation, with the police pressing F3 on the player, and a conversation between the players.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline TheTemplar

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 12:41:45 PM »
I play as a cop. I personally would like to have this system. If a good cop does his job right then I don't see how it can be abused if the player being ticketed can decline the payment. If the person constantly gets notifications of tickets then it's up to that person to contact a admin/ keep screens of it. Setting a limiter can be helpful if you think it's needed. Another suggestion (for the mapper) maybe reworking the maps to accommodate proper parking in the city. Other than the bank and the Ampm parking there isn't really anywhere people could just park their cars. Unless those side spaces in front of the shops are parking (I thought those were for emergency vehicles) plus people do tend to just leave their cars in the middle of the road or not leaving enough space for someone to pass. It's frustrating running into abandoned cars and not having a tow driver around.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2013, 12:54:12 PM »
Templar, the spaces in front of shops are for cars. And theres enough parking spaces as not everyone is parked in city 24/7 anyway so theres no trouble with accommodating all cars
what

Offline TheTemplar

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2013, 01:19:22 PM »
Templar, the spaces in front of shops are for cars. And theres enough parking spaces as not everyone is parked in city 24/7 anyway so theres no trouble with accommodating all cars

Okay. And I was meaning like for the apartments and izzies or what ever the bar is called.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal