Author Topic: Things about cars that seem... off  (Read 2334 times)

Offline ligglo

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Things about cars that seem... off
« on: April 23, 2013, 11:15:19 PM »
First and formost the roadster is a race car. It is a speed machine. It has a max speed of 60, and an acceleration of a tortoise that is smoking weed. I think it should be a very fast car, but not exceptionally like the LP640. The roadster should go about 80-90 miles per hour, with an acceleration similar to an evo.

The LP-640 has no traction. The shape of it alone makes it a wedge that should be pushed so hard to the ground that it can't drift. I think for the price tag, this car is worthless. The speed is nice, 120 mph, but it can't be used because the handling is so poor.

On a side note, the Rolls Royce is only going 70 mph, at most, though it says it should go 90.

Just food for thought.

***EDIT***

When getting into the roadster and the ATV your camera is at a 90 degree angle to the left. Same code for two completely different cars?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 12:41:53 AM by Ligglo the Derpy »

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Things about cars that seem... off
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 11:32:20 PM »
Also, fix the seat positions... it is getting annoying sitting in a door or the hood of a car... -.-
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline ligglo

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 11:55:43 PM »
That was already fixed

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 01:26:05 AM »
That was already fixed
What was?  The cars and there seats?  I think now... the tow truck is one of the worst.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 01:41:21 AM »
Going to have to agree here, especially with the police cars and the low tyre traction on them.

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 01:47:12 AM »
The BMW M5 and police Charger have horrid traction. Not sure if the others have handling issues or it's just a few but it gets really annoying when I spin out going 30 or above.

Offline ligglo

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 06:38:28 PM »
The BMW M5 and police Charger have horrid traction. Not sure if the others have handling issues or it's just a few but it gets really annoying when I spin out going 30 or above.

As the main car that I have is the roadster, I'm going to say that the roadster is the same. This would make sense if it didn't spin 270 degrees if I was going 50. Keep in mind that it has a max of 60 miles per hour, as a race car. I think all cars need more traction.

Offline ?«SG.Sup?? | Sir.Scottx125

• Gondorian Royal Tower Guard
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 08:38:05 PM »
I agree, vehicles should only spin out in a turn if one you swing the rear of your vehicle around too fast, the current driving mechanic with wheels that have no traction and no weight to the vehicles prevents cars acting how they normaly would... I mean the Vapid police vehicle when turning will spin out at 30 mph if your not careful and expirienced with the vehicle... Theres just too little control on the direction of where vehicles go, i want to be able to drift with my vehicle around corners, not spin 180 degrees.

Offline ligglo

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 06:20:41 PM »
I agree, vehicles should only spin out in a turn if one you swing the rear of your vehicle around too fast, the current driving mechanic with wheels that have no traction and no weight to the vehicles prevents cars acting how they normaly would... I mean the Vapid police vehicle when turning will spin out at 30 mph if your not careful and expirienced with the vehicle... Theres just too little control on the direction of where vehicles go, i want to be able to drift with my vehicle around corners, not spin 180 degrees.

I do not get why people say the vapid is hard to drive. I find it easy, however I am used to very drifty cars. I think I will always take the Vapid now because the Dodge is so slow, and can not drift. Good handling =\= good car. It helps, but isn't needed. I like when I can drive a car that can drift, but doesn't have to to make some of the corners.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 09:33:09 PM »

I do not get why people say the vapid is hard to drive. I find it easy, however I am used to very drifty cars. I think I will always take the Vapid now because the Dodge is so slow, and can not drift. Good handling =\= good car. It helps, but isn't needed. I like when I can drive a car that can drift, but doesn't have to to make some of the corners.
Did you know that drifting is only beneficial in dirt tracks or drift tracks that have no straightaways? You actually take corners faster if you slow down enough to take the corner without skidding.

Offline ligglo

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 11:34:32 PM »
Drifiting is faster in G-mod if the car can drift well, like the Evo currently is, or the Police charger used to be, about 4 days ago. Traction is bad as is, so it is like driving on dirt.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal