Author Topic: Administration Idea  (Read 3695 times)

Offline [RG-O] jamiecross5

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Administration Idea
« on: December 04, 2011, 10:50:06 AM »
Ok so you guys are Perma banning alode of people you need to stop doing that or you will soon have 0 players on.
This photo is cursed.

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Administration Idea
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 10:56:47 AM »
I really can't tell if this is serious or not... If they're getting permabanned, I'm pretty sure there's a reason.

Also, the irony
Quote from: You
Extra details: This needs to be perma or a long ban becuse I feel a bit sad after this.

From http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=8652.msg65152#msg65152

Offline SoapANator

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 10:59:28 AM »
I really can't tell if this is serious or not... If they're getting permabanned, I'm pretty sure there's a reason.

Also, the irony
Quote from: You
Extra details: This needs to be perma or a long ban becuse I feel a bit sad after this.

From http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=8652.msg65152#msg65152

I may be no admin, but adminsators are chosen and surely have guides how long to ban people.
It's their decision how long to ban people and when they get unbanned.
Former Characters:
Jimmy Valtizno - Civil Protection memeber for six months. Highest rank achived: EpU in APEX. Cause of Death: Shot, for attempted suicide.
Konstatine Ivanov - Held in prison cell for Anti-Civil activity for several months. Unkown if he's dead or alive.

MIA Characters
Gregory 'Death' Nikitn- Last seen wondering acorss the Outlands, in a critical state.
Zoe Kriyake - Has not been heard in weeks. Possibly re-located to C-18

Alive Characters
Pavalo Anodov - Wondering C18, unsure

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 11:01:56 AM »
removed the quote

I may be no admin, but adminsators are chosen and surely have guides how long to ban people.
It's their decision how long to ban people and when they get unbanned.

Yeah, exactly. How the players are punished is based on the judgement of the administrator that performs the punishment, really. If they want to complain - there are places you can do that on here.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 11:02:36 AM »
People only get permanent banned for hacking, exploiting or getting way to many bans.

Then it depends how serious the ban is. If someone gets around 6-8 bans, it is obvious that they do not know how to follow rules and they face a permanent ban.

People then complain that they really love the server and realize that they cannot actually just come back because the ban is not going to expire. People seem to only realize the seriousness of getting banned when its a permanent ban. That is why our permanent ban list is quite big.

I don't know. Maybe Rofl will do something for the 24th (25th) December and give people who "striked" out an extra chance to prove themself? I don't know. We gotta discuss that.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 11:04:16 AM »
We give player MANY chances and after they have exausted those chances the inevitable happens; they're perm banned.
I would say we're quite happy to lose those kinds of players because they are a detriment to the people that actually follow the rules and RP properly.
There's no need to even keep this unlocked because it does not need to be discussed, since perm bans will ALWAYS be with us to help deter people from breaking the rules.

Locked.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal