Author Topic: Auto-Post Merger  (Read 3376 times)

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Auto-Post Merger
« on: August 09, 2012, 03:52:02 PM »
Would it be possible to at least get the time lowered a bit? Like to a few hours, instead of how long it is now? I know that'd be nice for people who like to keep regularly updated logs/stories, so it'll bump it and notify others when it's been updated instead of adding onto the previous post.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Auto-Post Merger
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 04:12:32 PM »
No. It operates in days.

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk 2

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 08:04:21 PM »
I think that it should be optional. Like, have a check box or whatever under the post. That way for shit like logs it doesn't have to auto-merge.

That completely defeats the purpose of having it.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 08:33:47 PM »
I think that it should be optional. Like, have a check box or whatever under the post. That way for shit like logs it doesn't have to auto-merge.

The purpose is to prevent people from double posting when they aren't familiar with the forums. If you are familiar with the forums, you would know about the merge button and not to double post in times which double posting would be prohibited.

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 04:08:25 AM »

The purpose is to prevent people from double posting when they aren't familiar with the forums. If you are familiar with the forums, you would know about the merge button and not to double post in times which double posting would be prohibited.
It prevents people from double posting, not only to people who aren't familiar with the forums, but for everyone. That is it's purpose.
Keep in mind that it's probably also a mess to make a merge button - no idea how SMF works.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal