Author Topic: Unfuck the gmod forum  (Read 6745 times)

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Unfuck the gmod forum
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012, 07:33:32 AM »
Wow, people in this thread need to take it down a notch. Contrary to popular belief, the more cuss words you use in your sentence does not have any effect on the quality of your idea.

Meh sorry if I went a bit to far in my previous post. I was just very disappointed in this new layout and found absolutely 0.0% advantages from it, while a ton of disadvantages which I stated in my previous post.

RoflWaffle's idea was to make the forums like twice as short, but it comes with the fact each board is just a pile of boards put together in an unorganized box, which means yet another page to load to finally get to certain threads.

Lets take a random thread in the CCA private forums as example: I have to go trough FIIIVVEEE boards till I finally get to that 1 single thread.

Half life 2 Roleplay -> Factions -> Universal Union -> Combine Civil Authority -> Civil Protection Private Boards -> Thread.

Previously I could just scroll down a bit, and click on Universal Union straight away skipping 2 annoying boards to begin with.

Edit: Sorry to post after the lock. I was writing this at the same time and didn't read Crap-Heads post before posting this. :c
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 07:36:37 AM by Nicknero1405 »
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Unfuck the gmod forum
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2012, 07:40:59 AM »
Rofl was the one who did it, I'll ask him if I can screw around with it and try to make it better but for now, you'll just have to get used to it.

Don't touch it unless you know what you are doing. I already had the GMR2 discussion board wiped because of this moving boards around.
When the category is removed, it cannot simply come back. Don't know if Somone77 has latest backups somewhere, but yeah. Don't touch the boards unless you know what you are doing. You don't just "screw" around with the boards like that :)

If Rofl wants this undone, he can do it himself, or come to someone who knows how to redo it without removing anything accidentally.

Its obvious that some people don't care, and others care a lot. Its up to Rofl now.
Locked.
I realize it's locked but just wanted to reply to you, I'm not going to touch them if I don't know what I'm doing as I know it would end in complete failure, Rofl told me when he gave me access that if I found a way to clean the forum up a little and make it look better then I could because it was right after he did the gmod thing, just don't want you to think I'm doing stuff without auth/knowledge :P

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal