Author Topic: Unfuck the gmod forum  (Read 6740 times)

Offline DeathByKittens

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Unfuck the gmod forum
« on: May 17, 2012, 08:50:51 AM »
Because it is hard to read, harder to access quickly, serves no fucking useful purpose, is not "more efficient", what a stupid thing to say, is ugly and crammed

Oh and, this just in, no one cares about the forums below the Garry's Mod forums.

If you disagree, please feel free to post. Unless, of course, you just want to be on the owner's side because fuck your dignity you want admin and I am in fact "A whiney bitch deal with it"

EDIT: Very good point from Nicknero too, that you can no longer see the latest post from each board for an interest. Very annoying.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 05:40:03 PM by DeathByKittens »

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Unfuck the gmod forum
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 08:54:19 AM »
I honestly don't care if its this way, or the old one.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline DeathByKittens

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 08:56:24 AM »
That's fantastic.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 09:03:28 AM »
I actually have to agree with DBK.
Even though the front page length is like divided by 2, this shit is so fucking annoying and clusterfuck.

It was already a shitload of pages you had to load to get to a certain thread in the HL2RP CCA boards. Now it's even more complicated and FUCK.

Loading 1 extra whole page on your phone takes 10 times longer then loading a few more lines of text on the front page of the forums. <.< Aka this isn't more efficient at all.

Want another reason? Oh here you have it: Most of the time I look on the front page of what the newest post is in a certain board, to see if it is anything interesting. That isn't possible anymore since everything is fucked together in 1 god damn board. So I'm forced to load an extra page PER SUBJECT to find out what new posts it has....

Jesus, this is just fucking gay. Nuff said.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 12:09:02 PM »
I actually have to agree with DBK.
Even though the front page length is like divided by 2, this shit is so fucking annoying and clusterfuck.

It was already a shitload of pages you had to load to get to a certain thread in the HL2RP CCA boards. Now it's even more complicated and FUCK.

Loading 1 extra whole page on your phone takes 10 times longer then loading a few more lines of text on the front page of the forums. <.< Aka this isn't more efficient at all.

Want another reason? Oh here you have it: Most of the time I look on the front page of what the newest post is in a certain board, to see if it is anything interesting. That isn't possible anymore since everything is fucked together in 1 god damn board. So I'm forced to load an extra page PER SUBJECT to find out what new posts it has....

Jesus, this is just fucking gay. Nuff said.

Exactly. That is exactly why.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 12:54:01 PM »
Support. It looks like shit and Is crammed like fuck
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 02:38:30 PM »
+support, it looks like an extreme clusterfuck, I'd rather spend the extra .5 seconds scrolling down, rather than looking at the tiny categories.  I don't even play OCRP or HRP, so it's just an unnecessary eye sore and pain in the ass to navigate.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 04:39:57 PM »
 I basically agree with the whole situation involving this new update that was just implemented into the Catalyst-Gaming forums. I don't know which person would come up like a idea like this to clusterfuck the threads all into one pile that isn't organized very well. The seperate boards for Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 2 Roleplay, Orange Cosmos Roleplay, etcetera etcetera are just fine by itself and I think the other users agree on this aswell according to the earlier statements. I have to give out my support, I agree as I said at the beginning.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 09:01:05 PM by STALKER »

Offline DeathByKittens

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 05:40:16 PM »
Updated the OP, Nicknero had a great point.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 06:20:27 PM »
Wow, people in this thread need to take it down a notch. Contrary to popular belief, the more cuss words you use in your sentence does not have any effect on the quality of your idea.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 06:21:23 PM »
Wow, people in this thread need to take it down a notch. Contrary to popular belief, the more cuss words you use in your sentence does not have any effect on the quality of your idea.

It expresses our anger of how annoying this new layout is.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline DeathByKittens

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2012, 07:00:43 PM »
It expresses my and anger and makes me feel slightly edgier and cooler. Also fix the forum please<3

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2012, 11:10:14 PM »
Rofl was the one who did it, I'll ask him if I can screw around with it and try to make it better but for now, you'll just have to get used to it.

Offline DeathByKittens

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2012, 07:21:31 AM »
If by make it better you mean revert it then sure

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2012, 07:31:23 AM »
Rofl was the one who did it, I'll ask him if I can screw around with it and try to make it better but for now, you'll just have to get used to it.

Don't touch it unless you know what you are doing. I already had the GMR2 discussion board wiped because of this moving boards around.
When the category is removed, it cannot simply come back. Don't know if Somone77 has latest backups somewhere, but yeah. Don't touch the boards unless you know what you are doing. You don't just "screw" around with the boards like that :)

If Rofl wants this undone, he can do it himself, or come to someone who knows how to redo it without removing anything accidentally.

Its obvious that some people don't care, and others care a lot. Its up to Rofl now.
Locked.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal