Author Topic: Admin Complement Tab  (Read 4260 times)

Offline N1CK

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Admin Complement Tab
« on: February 26, 2012, 10:20:44 AM »
Everybody uses the "Admin Complaints" to bash admins so I was thinkin why not put an admin complement tab to honor admins who do well and show them that others think they are doing good aswell. I don't believe it would be too hard to make a new forum posting tab about Admin complements. -Thanks

Re: Admin Complement Tab
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 10:50:44 AM »
It would start favoritism and ballsuckish-ness. How about you just tell them in person over steam chat, not on a forum.
Administrator's volunteer(hell or pay) to do their job.

Offline N1CK

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 11:34:46 AM »
Not really you're simply telling them they did good, its nothing to suck up or anything

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 12:55:50 PM »
I'll answer for our admins as they should feel the same way.

They are not hired, payed, or expected to do what is asked of them. They take time out of their days to make sure you can play here happily. You shouldn't need an easy system to say thanks. You should just tell them yourself. If you see an admin helping someone, if you see an admin doing something nice, just say "Thanks" and don't make a big deal about it.

The administration staff should know that everyone here is grateful of what they do, but I'll be honest with you, they get just as much fun out of it as you do.

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 03:03:56 PM »
I suggest admin of the week.

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 04:11:54 PM »
I'll answer for our admins as they should feel the same way.

They are not hired, payed, or expected to do what is asked of them. They take time out of their days to make sure you can play here happily. You shouldn't need an easy system to say thanks. You should just tell them yourself. If you see an admin helping someone, if you see an admin doing something nice, just say "Thanks" and don't make a big deal about it.

The administration staff should know that everyone here is grateful of what they do, but I'll be honest with you, they get just as much fun out of it as you do.
Holy shit, that is what I said (somewhat) exactly. Your posts are a bit mild lately, Somone.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 05:49:21 PM »
Holy shit, that is what I said (somewhat) exactly. Your posts are a bit mild lately, Somone.

Haha, I've slowly, over the past few years, stopped reading full threads before posting. Sometimes it helps me, other times it does not.

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 05:54:05 PM »

Haha, I've slowly, over the past few years, stopped reading full threads before posting. Sometimes it helps me, other times it does not.
Hmm, ok, yes that makes sense. I regard anything I said.
But only if you quickly read through posts instead of not, just be a little bit aware of what you post!

Offline CrazyNinja

• No dad please
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 06:59:19 PM »
I suggest admin of the week.

I see several things wrong with this, not bashing, just giving some of my opinions.

Anyways:

1. How would admin of the week be graded?  You don't see everything they do and etc...

2.  It may cause elitism or fights amongst admins, not sure, but it might.

3. There shouldn't be any sort of "best" admin category, seems kind of rude in my opinion, as said from someone77, if they do well, simply tell them in steam or in game.

4. Simply isn't needed.

5. All I can come up with atm.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal