Author Topic: Dual-Spec Skills  (Read 1581 times)

Offline Red Alexmander

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Dual-Spec Skills
« on: April 27, 2013, 11:00:41 AM »
Just a little idea I just had and want to know what people think, I'm pretty neutral on whether this should be in or not.

What if you could Dual-Spec your skills? (Yes, like WoW.)

The way it would work:
First, you buy skillbooks and stuff, and put then into your first default skillset.
Then later you could purchase ($50000?) a second skillset (2 would be maximum), switch to it, and you would have to put NEW skillbooks into it. (You would have to purchase new ones, even if you already have the same one in the first set.)
You could then switch skillsets at a certain NPC, and it would cost $5000-$10000 to switch everytime.

What do yall think? Please provide actual criticism and don't just say "No, that would suck!"

Offline BANANA?????

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dual-Spec Skills
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 11:19:14 AM »
I actually think this would be cool, Except like make the switch price 10-15k, to make it so that you don't witch every 30 mins

+Support though

Offline ejecX_

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 11:22:58 AM »
The idea isn't horrible, but i don't think it would get accepted.

Why? Because if you have 2 skillsets, you won't have to rely on other people crafting ammunition, bookcases or weapons, if you are able to everything yourself. It would kill some of the shops, and some of the RP that comes with the shops, if everybody would be able to do everything. Not saying the idea isn't interesting, and does have some potential, because it adds more "endgame" so to speak, stuff to OCRP.

Now, if it had to be accepted, the price should be increased, both for the new skillset itself, and also the switch, as BANANA said, the skillset itself should probably be increased to something like 100-200,000$, and the switch to around 15-20,000$. Then it would actually add another thing to save up for in OCRP, so with some price adjustments, a definant +support from me :)

Offline Red Alexmander

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 12:19:42 PM »
Price changes are understandable, I just suggested some random prices to show that buying it would be quite expensive, and switching would be about the same price as resetting.

Offline ?«SG.Sup?? | Sir.Scottx125

• Gondorian Royal Tower Guard
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 07:21:18 PM »
This is a bad idea for the economy, being able to switch between 2 skill sets would make roles within the economy of the gamemode pointless, having money flowing around the community is very important, it ensures everyone has a purpose.

- Support

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 07:24:31 PM »
What's the point in having a price cost to change? You may as well pack ALL the books, go to the hospital and pay 10k for a reset to relearn other skills.

Seems redundant.
have a nice day :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal