Author Topic: Why I dislike the administration on Harbor Roleplay.  (Read 5644 times)

Offline The Joker

• View Profile
    • Awards
Why I dislike the administration on Harbor Roleplay.
« on: November 27, 2012, 03:01:32 AM »
So, just an example of administration that I think we all hate:

I see a door in Red Harbor, it has some stuff in it, but the door is purchasable, I buy it (it's available). About 30 minutes later (And I wont be naming names) this *Guy* who I personally have the opinion that he's an utter tool: claims that the room is his, and locks himself in with the props and doors he had set up. I kindly requested he leave, or pack his stuff up. After around 20 - 30 minutes I finally locked him in because honestly he was being a tool towards me and showed no kindness at all (Even though I had given him half the door o.o) so I removed him from the door, he continued being a tool and refused to leave, so I locked him in the room.

Yes that was probably wrong of me to do. (Continuing the story)
finally I unlock the door because he finally decides he wants out z_z... (Note I'm still the mayor). I then issue a coast guard to arrest him and if he didn't leave in 3 - 5 minutes (I had given him more than enough time to pack up... seriously). So finally this coast-guard was fairly nice and came in there to finally attempt to move him out of the room -_-... And he murders the coast guard, and murders me. He then takes the mayor job and goes back into the room.

I didn't get a gun, I didn't try to prop kill him, Nothing. I took a coast guard job. So this user whom I have come to severely dislike, is a Gold Member, so he has me demoted :\. Then arrested for not leaving my own effing room.

Please note, no admins were on up until this point.

So a super admin and an admin finally log in. I beg them to just have this guy move out of my room. Not ban him. Not take away his mayor job, just move him the hell out of my room. (Even though I honestly believe he deserves all of it).

The admin (Of course) demanded that I have proof of the rdm. I of course was not recording though the guy being a tool was (or said he was). The admin then basically stopped ignoring me.

So I tried to contact the Super Admin, he does pretty much nothing as well, demands proof, and basically says that because he has props in the room, it makes it his, and he tells me to take the room next door -____-.

So basically he starts ignoring me as well, and I'm just pissed off standing in my room, while he basically b*tches about my presence, and he has some other coast guard who doesn't believe I was rdmed and lost my mayor position, so he's constantly aiming his gun at me, threatening to kill me or arrest me if I don't leave my own room. (Also note that the mayor who stole my job was locked behind props, kind of fear rp no?)

So I'm bored as hell, pissed off in my room while they basically dick around behind a wall. I see if I can push something under the door for basically "teh lolz" and I managed to slide a knife into the room where they were. (I was merely going to press z after that and undo the prop). But no. The admin comes in, picks me up and drags me down the stairs and basically throws me on the roof and kills me.

I'm pretty sure after that (like within 10 seconds) he accidentally shut off the server, and it's still off I believe z_z.

Now if I'm telling the truth right now, please tell me, this doesn't sound effed up? Because it sounds pretty effed up to me o_o...

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Why I dislike the administration on Harbor Roleplay.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 03:03:46 AM »
Admins can't do anything without evidence so it's perfectly understandable. The whole situation with the room they should have looked more in to. The servers went down a few hours ago due to some unexpected issues, not cause the admin shut it off. Do you have names of the admins so I can get their side?
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 03:07:08 AM »
Admins can't do anything without evidence so it's perfectly understandable. The whole situation with the room they should have looked more in to. The servers went down a few hours ago due to some unexpected issues, not cause the admin shut it off. Do you have names of the admins so I can get their side?

^

We can't do anything without proof or else everyone would lie to get innocent people in trouble. Aside from that, if you don't want to publicly say the Gold Members name just send me a PM with his OOC and IC name and I'll make sure it's handled.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline The Joker

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 03:14:34 AM »
I understand that they require proof so they people don't get administrators to spawn in random stuff for them. But what's the alternative when no admins are on? Either record hours of video or let crazy rdmers get away with stupid crap? Also it only seemed as though he caused the server crash because he said "God dammit wrong command" Maybe he accidentally killed me, and then the server literally shut off right after that.

Also I do have the admins names I'll shoot you a PM.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 03:31:18 AM »
I understand that they require proof so they people don't get administrators to spawn in random stuff for them. But what's the alternative when no admins are on? Either record hours of video or let crazy rdmers get away with stupid crap?

Just record a demo, then when you see a rule breaker, go back with fraps or something and re-record it (it shouldn't take more than 45 seconds to show someone broke a rule). When you upload it to youtube a ~45 second video shouldn't take more than 10 mins.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline FanaticWarren

• ElitistFag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 03:50:39 AM »
The player in stated was in that room all day, and his buddy had lost connection. This player bought the room while the other guy was afk and still had his stuff in it. I told him it would be easier for him to buy the door across the hall. he refused to take up that offer. He told me I that i either remove that players props or ban him. There really wasnt much I could do, I told him to use the room across the hall as it wasnt be used, then went to another situation.

System Specs
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core processor @ 4.6 ghz
RAM: AMD Radeon™ RP1866 Performance Series 16GB
PSU: Ultra X4 750W
GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked + PNY GTX 550 TI for physx core

Offline The Joker

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 05:38:55 AM »
Look, if I have a room, and I have my friend owning the door, and my friend logs off, and someone buys the door, the person who purchased the door, deserves to keep the room. I wasn't trying to screw the other person over by buying the door, but it was available, and I purchased it. The fact that the user who was being a tool admitted to rdming me and a cop because he was being arrested, and had nothing done, is absolutely stupid. Hence why I hate the administration. He either admitted it to you Alec, or Alex Moroson, I believe it was alex moroson, or you and him both.

So pardon my frustration here.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 10:35:26 AM »
I was the other admin in this case, and I didn't ignore you or anything. I got called off to some guy proppushing and then the server crashed. But other than that, I didn't demand evidence, I said I couldn't do anything about the RDM and other stuff without proof of any kind. The guy said he had a video,and I'd review it if you guys would stop flamming eachother and sumbit it. And the guy never admitted to any RDM, he kept saying that he didn't RDM you, so, yeah. As for that room he'd been there easily for a few hours making that stuff in there,and probably went AFK to get a bite to eat or go to the bathroom.

Oh and yeah I had the kill command selected for whatever reason instead of freeze on. I don't know why because I selected freeze at least three times and used it before, but again, the servers went kaboom and crashed. I'll respond to this a bit more after school if needed, but yeah. Gotta go to it

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 01:49:09 PM »
If someone has build an entire inside of a room and his friend happen to crash which made the door for sale doesn't mean you could just buy it and force him out of HIS room.

Why did you buy HIS room in the first place? This all could've been prevented if you simply bought another room.

TLDR: It wasn't your room. It was his. You never gave him the chance to buy the door and you decided to be an ass (no offense) about the situation by forcing him out even though he was there first.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline The Joker

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 04:36:42 PM »
I wasn't being an ass, I saw the door, it was available, I purchased it, I wasn't trying to screw him over. He was then an ass.

For the record, You did in-fact hear him admit to rdming me, and you said it was a stupid reason, and you effing left. Here let me warm up your memory;

"I wasn't going to get arrested for no reason, so I killed them"

You: "That's a stupid reason".

You - *leaves*

-__-

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 06:18:09 PM »
I didn't say anything like that. I said that the whole reasoning behind why you wouldn't sell the room was a bit stupid. And again, I left because someone was proppushing boats over by the beach

Current Characters:

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline [HZ]-R Ħ?????????????

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 06:25:10 PM »
you said something about going CG just to get him remove from the room isnt that a case of job hopping(switching jobs just to do something)?

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 11:34:44 PM »
despite not being able to ban or kick without evidence, in most rp servers i play on , the rights to a room are based on who owns the door,so if he owned the door, then the admin should have asked the other player to pack up and move.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Why I dislike the administration on Harbor Roleplay.
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 11:36:52 PM »
despite not being able to ban or kick without evidence, in most rp servers i play on , the rights to a room are based on who owns the door,so if he owned the door, then the admin should have asked the other player to pack up and move.
This is how it should be.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 11:38:31 PM »
Except he'd been in that room for at least 2 hours before he had bought the room. He had a nice setup in there, including a security setup, some weird box type props that he'd added glass panel to in order to create mini rooms at such. Like Fearless had said, the room right across the hall wasn't owned, and buying a door only costs like $50, which is pretty much nothing. This got made into WAY bigger of a deal that it needed to be, and fortressking was just making lives difficult by simply stepping across the hall and built there.

Current Characters:

Former HL2RP-Characters:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal