Author Topic: FML  (Read 3042 times)

Offline Black Elf

• View Profile
    • Awards
FML
« on: January 19, 2012, 03:05:06 PM »
Just got out of jail (6 month bid nothing too long) and am re-adjusting to society because around the 3 month mark i stopped stressing and adapted to jail life. The day I left to goto jail i went from a funeral for my favorite uncle straight to court & jail. When I got out of jail things were looking up but to find out my GF might be pregnant.

The point of this thread is I need some good pick-me-ups.. kind of a debbie downer at the moment. From all this stress i have developed an Alser (caused by stress where there is a tear in your stomach lining or intestinal lining) in my stomach and possibly in my intestines as well, and have to take 6 pills a day to fight it off. Depression is regular for me and any positive feedback would be appreciated.

Offline Adrian ?NoRagrets

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: FML
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 12:08:56 AM »
What did you do to end up there?

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 12:30:42 AM »
Well. Optimism is key here. You know the saying "Every cloud has a silver lining." Well that basically means, anything shitty always has something good about it. Now, you gotta find that silver lining and focus on it rather then the cloud.

Say you're having a shitty day at work, customers are being bitchy, and you're tired. Now you could call the money you earned a silver lining but that gets old. If you look deeper, you can see what you get to do after work. I work at a gas station, outside. Right now, its averaging -25 degrees celcius and this part of Canada I live in is windy. A couple days ago, I had to work 2:30pm - 10:30pm. It was -27 with a windchill of -38. There were non-stop customers from 3pm till 8pm. I had begun developing a cold in the morning and was already tired from studying the night before. At the start of the shift, I was in a poor mood, felt bad, and hated every customer that rolled up. But I found some optimism in the situation. At 8:30, I get to go inside where its worm and work independently, cleaning up the store. At 10:30, I get to go home and I don't have to go to school the next day. The rest of the night went by better with me knowing that in only a few more hours, I could rest in my nice, warm, comfortable bed.

TL;DR, be optimistic and you'll find life a whole lot better.

Offline Black Elf

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 09:50:43 PM »
I'm very familiar with that phrase "Silver lining in every cloud". A side thing I do is help people who need it. Friends & Random people I meet. Im a very nice person, so others tell me and say about me. It's just all of this stress is causing me to be depressed, i mean the past few days i've slept 14 hour shifts. And whilst awake im miserable. To look deeply you can't be deeply troubled. Thank you for the reminder though, I wasn't thinking of my own advice I usually give to others. Turns out my GF isn't pregnant (thank god) but now I don't think of her the same way as i did before almost pregnancy :s. Again thank you for your imput, it was much appreciated.

Offline Storm

• Bluff
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 04:22:58 PM »
That's really sad, You were put right in jail after his funeral. :c

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal