Author Topic: You guys have a slight problem in your outlands server.  (Read 4439 times)

Offline [IGL] Shanaro

• View Profile
    • Awards
You guys have a slight problem in your outlands server.
« on: November 24, 2011, 02:57:56 PM »
It seems a person from the community i'm in, named Anonymous, has decided that he's going to re-create the Ceasar's legion in your Outlands server, after giving them a chance and trying some Roleplay with them, I found almost every single thing they did largely uncanon and illogical for the setting, were working on escaping the combine, humans capturing other humans, killing them by nailing them to a cross, or raping them just doesn't make a a lot of sense considering your in a canal system with Combine crawling everywhere. Here are some of the ranks you'll likely see, I suggest this group be removed simply because it's sole purpose was a lolzy troll group.

Decanus
Legate
Frumintari
Julius Ceasar

Any names like that, those are individuals who've decided to join in on the little troll group, do what you want with this information I'm only trying to make the Outlands and Canals experience realistic.

Offline Anonymous Caesar

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: You guys have a slight problem in your outlands server.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 07:38:30 PM »
There are times in which you show to have ignorance, Shanaro. Lying to them and mis-representing us in a post is not a good idea.

We are not recreating the Caesar's Legion from Fallout, we are simply mimicking the Roman army, along with some of their punishment customs.  This is a player-based group, not some huge army. We have 4-5 people within the group.

My character is mentally unstable due to a brain tumor (not relating this to the Caesar from  Fallout, don't worry). Brain tumors can cause abnormal behavior, and cause people to act outside of their social norm. If you don't believe me, simply go on google and research it yourself. There are millions of articles on how brain tumors can effect social behavior, or trigger certain things.

Another thing I'd like to bring up is that we don't crucify refugees. I'm sorry, but you are simply feeding them bullshit.

We are not a troll group, and remain completely serious. We prefer to passive, not combat RP.

No one has had a issue with the group so far but you, the others are enjoying the unique kind of RP it creates.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 08:08:03 PM »
ooh drama in the serious half life 2 rp

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 08:50:36 PM »
The question is, how do you remember this? As you were once in the city you had to eat and drink rations, filled with chemicals and such that in fact make you forget your past, filling you full of depression and basically brain washing you. I've witnessed your so called group and I don't think it's a horrible idea, I like the gist of it as it brings an interesting factor into RP. HOWEVER, walking around with "OTA Faceplate with Horns|OTA Shoulder Pads" etc is fucking horrendous. Unless you have ICly obtained it, which I for one know you have not killed an OTA unit, because if it was RPed they lose their unit.

I also saw some- Questionable RP coming from yourself and your "Group members" but I had to leave, the main thing was ass-pulling things from no where, as the OTA armour and the "OTA Machete" are stupid ideas. Lose those things, improve your RP as a group, find a reason why and how you know of pre-war history and we are all good.
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline Lord Bravery

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 09:38:37 PM »
The question is, how do you remember this? As you were once in the city you had to eat and drink rations, filled with chemicals and such that in fact make you forget your past, filling you full of depression and basically brain washing you. I've witnessed your so called group and I don't think it's a horrible idea, I like the gist of it as it brings an interesting factor into RP. HOWEVER, walking around with "OTA Faceplate with Horns|OTA Shoulder Pads" etc is fucking horrendous. Unless you have ICly obtained it, which I for one know you have not killed an OTA unit, because if it was RPed they lose their unit.

I also saw some- Questionable RP coming from yourself and your "Group members" but I had to leave, the main thing was ass-pulling things from no where, as the OTA armour and the "OTA Machete" are stupid ideas. Lose those things, improve your RP as a group, find a reason why and how you know of pre-war history and we are all good.

icly two OTA units died during a portal storm event / raid of the building I was in and I stripped their bodies of their armor. Does that mean my char can't have it anymore? :(

Offline Anonymous Caesar

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 09:40:30 PM »
We don't have any females in our group yet, nor do we have anyone with any combine armor.

That was a person we were RPing with; not accepting into the group.

Also I noticed my character, Julius Caesar, was not on my character menu when I re-connected. Possibly lost him from a OA glitch; or someone touching the SQL.

Unless if addressed to not have the character, I will re-create him. Lost a 9mm however.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 09:46:14 PM by Anonymous Caesar »

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 10:04:56 PM »
We don't have any females in our group yet, nor do we have anyone with any combine armor.

That was a person we were RPing with; not accepting into the group.

Also I noticed my character, Julius Caesar, was not on my character menu when I re-connected. Possibly lost him from a OA glitch; or someone touching the SQL.

Unless if addressed to not have the character, I will re-create him. Lost a 9mm however.

Two to three of you had OTA armour, I believe you and one other did not have that and one guy shit spawned an OTA Machete...

icly two OTA units died during a portal storm event / raid of the building I was in and I stripped their bodies of their armor. Does that mean my char can't have it anymore? :(

Unless the units accept a PK for it, yes I'm afraid so. The main reason behind this is because an OTA unit can ICly die during an event but not get a PK yet, refugees salvage their stuff. I'm affraid it doesn't work like that, if an OTA unit dies and accepts the RP, they are PKed simply to void all the ass-spawning of OTA armour, AR2's and other ridiculous stuff no one should have.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 10:09:38 PM by SkeptiK »
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline [IGL] Shanaro

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 10:08:26 PM »
Yea, your Legate and Decanus both had them.

Offline Anonymous Caesar

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 11:22:20 PM »
No, that was them lolRPing things like idiots, it wasn't to be taken IC.

I told them to get IC and they did.

People who can't be serious will be removed from the group for OOC reasoning.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 10:07:00 AM »
If youre group is supposably "good rp" then how do they obtain food and water?

As for the OTA getting a PK if you salvage stuff from them, I say seriously? If you're doing that then you better make obtaining an OTA unit OOCly easy cause there are thousands upon thousands of overwatch units available to deploy when needed. They're not rare you know so whats the point of PKing one if they die? The union will just send 10 more.

Offline Anonymous Caesar

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 10:17:28 AM »
If youre group is supposably "good rp" then how do they obtain food and water?

As for the OTA getting a PK if you salvage stuff from them, I say seriously? If you're doing that then you better make obtaining an OTA unit OOCly easy cause there are thousands upon thousands of overwatch units available to deploy when needed. They're not rare you know so whats the point of PKing one if they die? The union will just send 10 more.

I'll start saying "It's armor of the profligates, if you're wearing it, you're wearing their flag. We will crucify you for possessing this armor.". I can't directly control what my people do, as they are different people; and I am not of a position of power within the community. However I'll do my best.

Also, I believe OTA armor would in most cases tend to give out a biosignal, which would give away your location to the combine.

As for the food & water, we obtain it like any other refugees, as we're a playerbased group.

Personally,  I obtain my food from creatures, or my men. I obtain my water by tapping into city water pipes & boiling the water to cook the chemicals out, and to kill the bacteria.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2011, 10:31:48 AM »
I do believe the name Julius Ceasar comes under celebrity names, and therefore not allowed?
what

Offline Anonymous Caesar

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2011, 11:14:33 AM »
I do believe the name Julius Ceasar comes under celebrity names, and therefore not allowed?

/sigh It's not his literal name, it's a nickname.

Also I don't really see how the name is a celebrity, as he's from like 100 B.C. . It's more of a historic figure name than anything else. I'm not literally RPing Caesar; I'm just using it as a nick name.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2011, 11:17:04 AM »
Lots of people know of the name, and its therefore considered celebrity. Also, is it your character name or just like say
john 'ceaser' doe
what

Offline Anonymous Caesar

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2011, 11:19:54 AM »
Lots of people know of the name, and its therefore considered celebrity. Also, is it your character name or just like say
john 'ceaser' doe

He mentally believes he is Caesar.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal