Author Topic: Any airsofters?  (Read 8030 times)

Offline Boelens |????ž?|

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Any airsofters?
« on: May 16, 2011, 01:45:29 PM »
Looking to buy around two airsoft guns, one (Can be more expensive then other one.) Machine rifle, (Prefer MP5/Scar/M4) and as second a mini submachine gun/pistol. However I dont have much experience with this. I am gonna buy here : http://www.hobbytron.com/AirsoftGuns.html
What should I buy? Gas,Spring or electric? I heard with Spring you have to pull something EVERY shot even with machine rifles. However I heard you have to refill gas with some sort of thing. And I dont really get electric. Google also didnt help me to much. So any suggestions? An explanation on how they work would be nice to.

Re: Any airsofters?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 02:02:23 PM »
-SNIP-
For airsoft Gas cost more to work because of the mags and then the Gun.
M4/M16s mags are the most common in the world so if you get a gun and is in a squad try to get some thing that uses them. electric uses a motor to pull back the piston and the spring then lets go and fires the BB spring is like that just does't have the motor. Gas I don't know how it works there is more than one way of doing it.
Also for your second GET A PISTOL with low FPS and draw it when they are close. Read up on laws and find community's in your area.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 02:43:54 PM by Statua »
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Boelens |????ž?|

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 02:15:39 PM »
-SNIP-
For airsoft Gas cost more to work because of the mags and then the Gun.
M4/M16s mags are the most common in the world so if you get a gun and is in a squad try to get some thing that uses them. electric uses a motor to pull back the piston and the spring then lets go and fires the BB spring is like that just does't have the motor. Gas I don't know how it works there is more than one way of doing it.
Also for your second GET A PISTOL with low FPS and draw it when they are close. Read up on laws and find community's in your area.

eeh, I dont really understand what you mean by that.  Sorry.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 02:44:15 PM by Statua »

Offline Boelens |????ž?|

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 02:43:13 PM »
Gonna go for this one :
http://www.hobbytron.com/SpringSCARLRifleRedDotSightFlashlightForeGripFoldingStockAirsoftGun.html
Good choice?

Still looking for a pistol. (Cheap one, aint planning to find a community because they dont have those here, I'm moving out soon though. I just want to have a loadout and just want to shoot with them with friends.)

Offline Kitten on Crack

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 02:48:36 PM »
When I was 13-14 airsofting was big. If you are going to get a gas gun remember to take great care of it, they need quite a bit of lubing. I would personally go with a spring gun because of their price and how reliable they are.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 02:57:00 PM by Kitten on Crack »
Characters:
UCA.C45.UNIFORM-DvL.747
UCA.C18-GRID-SCN.260
Adam Wright
Kristy Wright

Offline Jeff2307

•    
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 02:53:36 PM »
Hey i like airsoft 2 :p do u use with or without blowbackgas?

Offline Boelens |????ž?|

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 02:57:49 PM »
Hey i like airsoft 2 :p do u use with or without blowbackgas?

With, seems better to me.

Also thanks for the help guy who posted above, I'll go with spring. I also found out I'll get a free shit pistol with my purchase! :D. I'd throw the pistol away without probs, but theres 1k 0.12 gram bullets with it and its kind of a waste not to take that.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 03:03:24 PM »
Removed all anti-airsoft posts. If you think paintball is better, don't post in here.

Uhh those guns are gonna break within 100 rounds and you'll just be getting your ass kicked due to shitty gun. If you wanna start cheap that'l last you, go for one of these: http://www.hobbytron.com/ElectricAirsoftRifles.html

What you want as a bare minimum is:

-Metal Gear Box
-Metal Inner Barrel
-At least 350FPS
-At least 1joule head energy.

Anything less will break down or cost you a game, ultimately, wasting your money.

If you are considering ammunition, stay away from 0.12g bbs. 0.20g-0.25g works fine with mid-grade guns. I'm running 0.25g elites on my Aftermath Kraken AK-47 and they work like a charm.

For your pistol, a starter would be a spring for two reasons. One, I rarely have to revert to my pistol in a fight and two, they don't require a power supply so you can keep playing when your battery dies or you run out of gas. However, stay away from cheap pistols. Guidelines:

-Metal inner barrel
-Polycarbonate Body (strong plastic)
-Anything above $20
-Shoots over 250 FPS

-Stick with 0.20g bbs for pistols. (unless you get a really cheep POS)

The site you chose is pretty mush shit for airsoft IMO. Ask jugg about good sites in the states. Canada sites and american sites are different for importing laws.

Offline Boelens |????ž?|

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 03:25:54 PM »
Is this a good set?
http://www.hobbytron.com/cgi/sc/order.cgi?rd=1&storeid=*0e45b4e20f7b3b06c0&sbid=SSMSB1305566652.32284&prevlocation=http://www.hobbytron.com/SpringHFCHeavyWeightTargetPistolBlackAirsoftGun118E.html

Do not mind the free gun and the 10$ one, it was mainly to add price up. And it.. looked cool.

Offline Pancake Mix

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 03:34:23 PM »
Do you live in the UK or US? or other?

and Gas is only really good for pistols
Electric / Battery / AEG is best for assult rifles
Bolt Action rifles are good for Snipers

i buy my guns from http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/ (UK Only i think) - good Priced BB's and Guns

ALSO, the thing with gas blowbacks, the Mags can easily leak, thats why i would not recommend a Gas Assult Rifle

a Good gun for a beginneer / first gun is a Raider-L but i could only find the Raider on that site

http://www.hobbytron.com/ElectricGGCombatMachineR16RaiderRifleFullMetalAirsoftGun.html

Has around the same range but not as powerful
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 03:37:26 PM by Pancake Mix »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 03:38:16 PM »
Boelens lives in my timezone so I assume he's in the US.

Offline Boelens |????ž?|

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 03:41:37 PM »
Boelens lives in my timezone so I assume he's in the US.

Actually I'm from the netherlands, I think I didnt put the timezone right.

Offline Pancake Mix

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 03:57:06 PM »
Offtopic: i know some really good sites that are doing Weekenders in the UK, it costs £65 (around 80 Euros) for entry and lasts from friday to monday - one is the biggest airsoft event in the woruld (Ground Zero Airsoft)
and you can stay in tents n stuff on the site

Offline Boelens |????ž?|

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 10:56:02 AM »
Found out the site didnt ship to the Netherlands. Did find a site wich does but I decided to go with this one after seeing a lot of good reviews about it.
Crosman stinger s32P shotgun. Not the transparant one, full black. (ofc still an orange tip)
Its 350 FPS, 6mm.
I use .12 gram atm because I have limited money and my parents find ammo a waste in general so I couldnt buy .20 gram. Still hoping for that tho.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 10:57:48 AM by Boelens - Is a brony »

Offline Pancake Mix

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 11:02:59 AM »
not all airsoft guns have the orange tip

for example the Raider-L im buying wount have it

but it depends on the licensing system that your country uses and shit like that

i dont like the orange tips coz then i cant threatern little kids as easily

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal