Author Topic: [ACCEPTED]Dawn White's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1407 times)

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[ACCEPTED]Dawn White's Civil Authority Application
« on: July 11, 2012, 04:40:37 AM »
Dawn White's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Salarian Councilor/Dallas

IC Character Name: Dawn White

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Dawn White wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority for three main reasons. The first of these reasons being that authorities have always held importance to her and have guided her along her way at different points in life. Now Dawn has the chance to join the Universal Union, the biggest place of authority the world has ever known. To be part of Union's grand machine, to become part of it's vast inter-dimensional empire, that is Dawn's goal.

The second reason she wishes to join is simply because she is vulnerable to influence and tends to believe what she is told, so when it comes to the UU's propaganda campaigns she is enthralled in them. She finds herself dedicated to the Union completely due to the propaganda and now confuses her own morals with that of the Union.
It was only yesterday she erected a shrine to the Global Administrator Dr. Wallace Breen, her devotion to the Union can even put her friends at risk; she has reported everyone who commits a crime regardless of familiarity. Dawn has even witnessed beatings and killing at the hands of the CCA yet still thinks that by joining them it will help the people of C45.

The final reason Dawn wishes to join is that she believes that the only way to show people the true benefits of the Union is to become a part of it. She sees the units, they have purpose whereas most citizens have none. She sees citizens slide from that unending lack of purpose into committing acts against the Union because they fail to see the truly great strides the Union makes towards singularity. Dawn hopes that by coming a member of the Civil Authority, she can spread the good deeds of the Union and help bring order and balance to our chaotic existence. 

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Perceptive, Dedicated, Law-abiding, Decisive, focused, Extremely Trustworthy

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
Well, from sitting on a little blue bench watching units go about there day I can gather that they will spend most of their time patrolling, sometimes members of Command come out and stand on the steps menacingly. From Dawn making numerous requests on her trusty request device, she can see they respond to them sharp. So I will be doing mostly patrols or responding to a request, maybe I will man the booth in rations or maintaining "Standard Directives" by patrolling during rations.

If I were to move up the ranks then I already have an idea as to which division to join; NOVA. I've always been interested in Medical RP so NOVA sounds great, to be more specific I think I will aim for a rank in Research and Development. I say NOVA because I have quite the passion for /me's when the situation is slow paced enough to let me type it. So in summary; patrolling, responding to a request, maybe some re-educations at some point, a detainment here and there, quite a lot of training, later some NOVA bio-development logs where I chart the progress of my creations from ideas, to alpha testing and maybe even regular field use.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Dawn White, daughter of David White and Sarah Park, was born in the small Scottish town of St. Andrews in 1983. From an early age she was bright and perceptive, picking up on things easily. Throughout her childhood and early teen years Dawn was abused by her father, David White. David would also regularly assault his wife, Sarah, this lead to Sarah developing severe depression and after many years of domestic abuse, by the time Dawn was 14, Sarah killed David in his sleep, smothering him with a pillow. Sarah was arrested shortly after, she made no attempt hide what she had done. Dawn was put into care and Sarah was put on trial for murder. Sarah White pleaded guilty and was deemed insane by a crown court, it was around this time Dawn was 15 and became obsessed with the criminal mind, the way it functions, the boundaries that it oversteps to do unspeakable things and most crucially; the things the mind can let us see. Dawn had already had first hand experience with the criminal psyche; her father being abusive and her mother being clinically insane, this made Dawn strangely drawn to the subject as it seemed useful to know exactly what made people tick.

Eventually at the age of 17 in 1997 Dawn was adopted by a rather wealthy couple that had recently moved to St. Andrews, the family were very nice to Dawn and after hearing her story, and in 1998 even paid for a full degree in Body Language and Criminal Psychology at St. Andrews University; one of the best schools in the UK. She studied there on a four-year course and lived with her carers during that time seeing how they lived close-by, it was there in the university she met Professor.Hale an incredible man who became Dawn's mentor over time, he taught Dawn many things about the mindset of people and how everyone she will meet will be undergoing their own emotional conflicts and that it is shown in a variety of ways. (This degree has been auth'd for IC use.)

Using the degree that she earned in St. Andrews she moved to Prague where she became a Criminal Analyst in 2005, at the age of
22. There she would lend her help to therapists and psychologists but most importantly the police, another point in her life where authorities have importance. In 2015 the Seven Hour War occurred, Dawn was still living in Prague at the time the portal storms ripped across the planet. She hid in her home, or what was left of it, until Earth's "surrender" she was then compliant with the new rulers of the planet, as she had been with all authorities in the past. She was sent to C42 where she lived for one year and gained the position of Head-Loyalist in her own established Loyalist faction. Dawn's group however became the target of violent attacks from anti-union parties and it was only a matter of a week after the first official meeting that Dawn requested an immediate transfer, the move meant her points were re-set and she was once again a citizen and not a loyalist Dawn was moved to City 45 where she hoped that, once again, she could serve the Union.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
I have never had a CCA character on CG before.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Around a year, maybe a little more.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Six months, all of it HL2RP.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
Two weeks today. Not much but I intend to be extremely active as I have done these past weeks.

4. What Time zone are you in?
GMT +1 (UK time.)

5. In what country do you live?
United Kingdom

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
I was an OfC on another HL2RP server, I was leading an investigation into the location of a resistance base. I was presented with four detained citizens, each one were suspected members. In a single afternoon I broke them all with various methods of psychological and physical torture then executed each one. In order to crack the final guy, I ordered a unit fresh out of Recruit stage to break a man's arms and legs. The information I complied lead me to a hidden bunker where Overwatch were deployed and the entire group was wiped out. All because of my successful investigation. Also, after the base was wiped out, I ordered the unit who had broke the man's limbs to use his stunstick to beat him to death...

Good times.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes

IC Section

Full Name: Dawn White
CID: 17753
Height: Five foot, five inches.
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 118lbs
Mental Distinctions: A degree in Criminal Psychology and Body and language.
Mental Defects: Can become distracted by one thing sometimes.
Mental Advantages: Tenacious
Notable Qualities: Smart, loyal, trustworthy

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
I have never been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes. Till the light leaves my eyes and till my very last breath, I shall serve the Universal Union.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Undoubtedly yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
To become a conduit of the Universal Union; my actions will be the will of the Union and my word will be true, as it is that of Our Benefactors. I wish to spread the ideals and aspects of our great Union by enlisting in the Civil Authority.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Dawn White hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 03:11:57 PM by Mooch »

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dawn White's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 04:09:53 PM »
//Fixed the weight to make it more realistic for the malnourished citizen.

EDIT: also changed my steam name so I have updated it.//
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 06:05:17 PM by Dallas »

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dawn White's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 07:36:20 PM »
UNIT: 03109