Author Topic: [ACCEPTED] Theodore Fletcher's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1139 times)

Offline codex

• View Profile
    • Awards
[ACCEPTED] Theodore Fletcher's Civil Authority Application
« on: August 07, 2012, 07:09:45 PM »
Theodore Fletcher's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: codex

IC Character Name: Theodore Fletcher

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Theodore Fletcher has had a tough life to say the least. Given away by his family and thrust into an orphanage at the young age of 11 years old, Theodore's time in the orphanage was the chisel that shaped the way he is today. He learned to be precise and cunning, if it were not for these traits, Theodore's time in the orphanage could have been much worse. After leaving the orphanage, Theodore had changed. These reasons are what would motivate Theodore later in his life.

When Theodore left the orphanage at the age of 18, he was left empty and wonderous. Theodore had so many questions that he wanted to have answered, he wanted Justice, he wanted Harmony, he wanted a Union. Theodore has always been known to be strong willed and sharp in the mind, even with all of these desirable traits, things wouldn't be so easy for him. It was hard for Theodore to fit into society after spending so much time in the orphanage, Theodore wouldn't be able to find his place in the world for another 6 years.

3 Weeks after his 24th birthday, Theodore's life would be changed forever during the events of the 7 hour war. After the combine took rule and CCA teams were established, Theodore knew that he wanted to become part of them. Theodore believed he would be a good fit in the CCA and so did everyone that knew him. He had been searching his whole life for something like the Universal Union, and now it was here. After obtaining a Loyalist Armband, Theodore knew it was time to become part of The Universal Union.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Theodore has always been known to be clever, loyal, calculating, and cold to others. He also has a knack for things that involve science.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
I expect the CCA to be a learning experience for me and my character. On the OOC side, I expect it to be a great learning experience. I also expect it to be a test of my HL2RP abilities and how well I can deal with even the most abstract of RP situations. On top of all of this, I expect it to strengthen my relationship with the Catalyst Gaming community.

For Theodore, I expect it to be life-changing for him. He will finally have the ability to bring justice to the streets. When Theodore was still in the orphanage, he was beaten everday by other children, and not one person did anything to stop it. In short, Theodore was left without a voice, he was left outspoken. The CCA will finally give Theodore that voice he has been longing for his whole life.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
It was stormy night in Chicago on May 25th, 1992, The air was heavy in the hospital, doctors were buzzing like bees, trying to provide medical care to each patient. A woman was about to give birth to a young boy, the clock struck 3:17 PM and Theodore Fletcher was born. The moment he was thrust into the world, his mother was taken from it. Theodore doesn't remember much from his early child-hood, all he remembers is being frequently hungry and abused. He also remembers playing with other children, and noticing that they all had loving caring moms, and all he had was an abusive father.

Growing up in a small house, Theodore was about to turn 11 years old. Despite all of the hardships he had endured throughout his short life, he managed to maintain a strong posture and a love for science. Theodore's life finally seemed to be looking up after he entered middle school, but that was all about to change. On the day of his 11th birthday, no celebration came to greet him. There were no cakes, candles, and shiny birthday hats, just the dark, cold house he had been in his whole life. Instead of celebration, he was taken to a orphanage, dropped off, and ripped apart from any stability he had attained in school.

Theodore's hardships he had endured earlier in his life seemed like nothing compared to what he faced in the orphanage. He was constantly beaten and bruised by other children, Theodore was left on his own. A few good things did come out of his time in the oprhanage, he had to learn to be cunning and precise in his movements, and above all else, he learned to be cold and calculating. Theodore remembers one story in particular; It was a cold December morning and Theodore was late to breakfast. As he got out of his bed and his feet touched the cold cement floor. He heard someone coming down the hallway, he knew all to well what was about to happen. A woman entered through the door with a wooden pole with a leather handle on the end, she glanced at Theodore for a few seconds, and stopped dead in her tracks. She smiled grimly then said "Stand up, turn around, and face your bed" ever so calmly. Theodore didn't have a word to say, but did as he was told. Theodore heard her coming closer and closer. She then brought the wooden stick down on his back 4 times. He heard the whisk of the pole everytime it was brought down, and that sound still haunts Theodore to this day.

Theodore was quickly approaching his 18th birthday, this ment that Theodore would be free'd from the clutches of the orphanage. On his 18th birthday, Theodore packed his things early in the morning and left. Not once when he was walking out of the main gate did he ever turn back, for the sound of the whisk of the wooden pole was still engrained in his mind. Seeing the real world was a shock to Theodore, it was nothing as it had been in the orphanage. Cars whizzed by and helicopters buzzed through the air, people sold things on the streets and the homeless were walked over without a thought. This was a problem in Theodore's mind, there needed to be Justice brought to those who did wrong, but once again, Theodore was left without a voice, a voice he thought his departure from the orphanage would finally bring him.

7 Hours, 7 Hours was all it took for the world Theodore knew to be destroyed. Huddled in a bomb shelter to provide protection from the Combine's weapons of mass destruction. Theodore's life was about to change forever. As Combine soldiers blew through the bomb shelters door and started rounding up citizens, Theodore made no attempt to help them. Theodore sat in a train as he watched the flashes of the bombs paint pictures on the ceiling. He heard Combine ships flying over head as his train finally came to a stop. He was hauled off the train by the soldiers, assigned a CID number and shoved into a apartment block in a place only known as City 9. Something immediatley caught his eye, a Civil Protection Unit was administering justice to a wrong-doer, this excited Theodore, as he felt the voice he had finally been longing for.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
3 Years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
2 Years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
1 and 1/2 Months.

4. What Time zone are you in?
EST.

5. In what country do you live?
The United States of America

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
It was on the CG HL2RP server, the UCH was locked down due to a very complex plot scheme that involved weapons and contraband. I was outside of the UCH observing it all. The RP was the most immersive I have ever experienced on a HL2RP server.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Theodore Fletcher
CID: 54817
Height: 6'2
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Blue
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 145 lbs.
Mental Distinctions: Clever, Precise, Calculating, Forgetful, and Intelligent.
Mental Defects: Forgetful.
Mental Advantages: Clever, Cold, Calculating and Intelligent.
Notable Qualities: Loyal and Trustworthy.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
I am willing to give my life for the Universal Union.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
I will remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union until my death.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I have more options for my roleplay experience on the server. Instead of just being a humble citizen, I now get to experience what it is like being on the other side of the baton. For my character, he will finally have a voice, he will no longer be outspoken and can administer justice to those who violate the code of the Universal Union.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Theodore Fletcher hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

EDIT: On the 3rd question of the IC Section, "my" was accidently spelled as "me", I fixed it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 07:23:43 PM by Brandon Sacawv »

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Theodore Fletcher's Civil Authority Application's Verdict
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 07:30:11 PM »
UNIT: 479
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: DvL
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Theodore Fletcher
Citizen Identification Number: 54817

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| INTERVIEW PENDING ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting C45.CCA.UNIFORM-DvL.479
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
Reviewed using ApplicationsHelper, 2.0.0.3.

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Theodore Fletcher's Civil Authority Application's Verdict
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 07:23:40 PM »
UNIT: 326
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Theodore Fletcher
Citizen Identification Number: 54817

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| Recruit 325 ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting C45.CCA.UNIFORM-OfC.326
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
Reviewed using ApplicationsHelper, 2.0.0.2.

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal