Author Topic: [DENIED] Sebastian's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1009 times)

Offline PixelDuh

• View Profile
    • Awards
[DENIED] Sebastian's Civil Authority Application
« on: August 01, 2012, 06:12:00 PM »
Sebastian 's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: AliDuh1

IC Character Name: Sebastian

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Because of his great interest in science and technology, Sebastian thinks that the only way to expand his knowledge is by merging his mind and soul with the powerful library of information of the Universal Union. Only then will all of the answers of our universe and beyond will be revealed to him. Combine Technology is not only way more advanced than old human technology, it is also holds more possibilities. He will bet his life that Combine Medical Scientists could figure out the cure for cancer or AIDS in a heartbeat, thus saving a large populace in a short amount of time.

Another reason for wanting to join the Civil Protection team is that he wants to feel like he is a part of something strong. He wants to be a part of something more powerful than the Civilian populace. The Combine Civil Authority is that something. By joining the CCA, he knows he will be superior to citizens to some restrictions, although he also knows that he is not allowed to “bully” the citizen populace of City 45, which is wrong and irresponsible.

The biggest reason that Sebastian Pruspekt wishes to be on the CCA is the order, discipline, and succession over humanity. Joining the faction that saved The Human Race from foreseeable and awaiting self-destruction will make him overjoyed. The Universal Union has truly saved us from what was impending doom brought upon ourselves. Had it not been for the Combine, the Earth would have become a desolate wasteland in a few centuries, void of any life. Not only did they speed up the technological level of humanity, they also prevented that “wasteland” scenario from happening.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Loyal, Determined, Strong willed, Strong minded, intelligent, Confident

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
I believe that being a part of the Benefactors of Humankind will be an enriching experience. I will be required to rid the city of all nonbelievers and so called "dissidents". I will be required keep my eyes and ears peeled for any type of anti-civil activity and deal with it on my own if no assistance is given. No resistance-chasers will escape the Combine's everlasting sight.

I know that being a part of the Universal Union will also be a tough challenge for me. I will need to be in top physical form. I suppose I must go through grueling training, as I have overheard the Local Civil Protection Recruits mentioning it. It must be like Hell Week for the U.S Marines. And, worst of all, I will have to listen to every sorry little citizen that comes prancing along with undefined issues that normally have something to do with something totally irrelevant. I strongly apologize for my informality on that statement, but I just need to get it out. But, you know, there might be one or two Citizens that have something important for me to oversee.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
As a young, Polish boy, Sebastian was a science freak. He would use science for everything in everyday life. To him, science was the answer. He was very creative as well, and attempted to write a book at the age of 14. His parents (Mother was an unemployed Russian, Father was an Egyptian doctor) encouraged him all the way, however he never got it published, and it sat in his closet waiting for a publisher to “discover” him.
   He and his family moved to the United Kingdom when he was 16. It was a harsh change for them, but they were able to survive and even prosper. They all learned English, and Seb started attending school. Right after he finished high school at the age of 18, his parents forced him to enlist in the military. On the way to the base, his morality, or something, maybe even a vision, told him that he should not go into the military. During his interview, he acted like a complete fool, and purposefully failed to do the things instructed. He was ultimately rejected, and so he went back home.
   One day, when Sebastian was cleaning the house, picked up his old book from when he was 14 in his closet and began reading it. He then got the idea to modify it and improve it. He began rewriting his novel and made it increasingly better, changed the name from “Conquered” to “Exodus” for the similarities between the stories. He hurriedly sprinted outside to his car and drove to the nearest publisher he could find. On the way there, however, The Black Mesa Incident occurred.
   The portal storms ravaged all over the planet, destroying key structures and sudden appearances of the foul Xenian aliens. It’s total anarchy. Friends and family slaughtered. Favorite places destroyed. There were lost children, drifting around trying to find their unknowingly to them dead parents. And where is Seb in this scenario? He’s raiding and finding safe haven in gun shops-converted refugee encampments, loading himself up for the incoming invasion. That’s when the UN decides to build the large structures surrounding the cities on Earth that contain no less than 50 buildings. This seemed to work for a while until the true goal of letting the scientists of Earth (remember, Black Mesa’s scientists are no more) begin collecting samples of and even whole Xenian organisms. Because of Seb’s scientific Background, they let him dissect the first head crabs, antlions, and bull-squids (currently extinct or endangered) Earth began gradually recovering from the Resonance Cascade. It began to get better for two years, until a certain 7 hours started us all over again.
   He was moved around a lot during the Combine rule over Earth. He had been to at least one hundred five cities before he arrived at City Forty Five. During curfew the other day, some men in his assigned room got in a fight. Civil protection came in to intervene, and apprehended all of them, even the innocents. While filing into the cell, an officer pushed Sebastian and severely injured his neck. He was temporarily mute, but he was able to heal through it. He doesn’t hold a grudge against the CCA, as he blames himself for the incident, blaming himself for his “clumsy feet.” Fortunately, he now possesses the ability to speak once again.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
I was able to get an application accepted, however the interview was denied.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
I have been playing since about August, 2011.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
I have been playing on serious servers since about September, 2011.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
I have been playing here since about October, 2011.

4. What Time zone are you in?
EST i guess

5. In what country do you live?
I live in the United States of America

6. How old are you?
about 15

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
*Outlands*
*Gordon Behiry*
(It’s in IC and first person because I can’t describe it any other way.)
I was running for my life. The Elite Combine Troopers and some OTAs were chasing after me. I sprinted up the vast brown hill with splashes and explosions of shrubbery and foliage. I finally made it to the Resistance base, my only place of refuge in this God forsaken wasteland. Out here, it’s just us and them, and any other Xenian animals trying to scrap by in our destroyed atmosphere. They were gaining on me. I was totally unarmed, all of my friends in the base had guns, some even had multiple of the same kind, but they wouldn’t donate them to a poor soul like me. I tried buying them off of them, but apparently tokens are worth nothing out here. I started banging my fists on the hydraulic, futuristic blast doors. “Open the door!” I screamed. “Hurry up and help me!” Their reply wasn’t what I was hoping for.
“Get out of here, Hush!” I hated that nickname. It was Ironic considering they said I talked too much.
“It’s an EMERGENCY” I yelled. “The Combine are after me! I’m unarmed! PLEASE! HELP!” I was cornered. They were closing in. I had no choice but to kill them with words.
“Stop!” Immediately they halted. I didn’t think this would succeed in any way. I was amazed myself and I stepped back. Their Kevlar armour was very intimidating. I knew any wrong move would get me killed. I knew I should’ve stayed in the city.
“I am Zach Nubella. I am a full-fledged—“and then the door opened. And out came several armed citizens. It was a battle truly in our favor. The Combine may be highly trained troops with advanced technology and weapons, but we know better. We know the terrain, the air, and the hazardous areas. Some of the soldiers died not from our bullets, but from tripping and falling off cliffs. But most importantly, we know how to kill them. I admit at this time I was acting cowardly, but only because I didn’t have a weapon.
Then the moment of truth came. My only chance of rebellion. A troop charged at me, when one of ours shot him in the back of the head. His bluish grey hunk of electronics, bullets and metal sailed into my arms. It was heavy. It was fully loaded. I then took a turn at the massacre called a battle. The AR2 vibrated violently in my hand, when pulse after shining pulse left the weapon’s barrel to reach the heart of one of the White-suited enemies, or to the ground behind them. I admit I wasn’t the most accurate, but every shot was a kill.
Maybe because of me, we won the battle. But I couldn’t have done it without Pyro, the best Anti-citizen I ever met. It’s Pyro’s fault I got the gun. And it’s also their fault for changing my life forever. I finally got a gun.
After the battle, we scavenged the dead troops as much as we could, and I got more Pulse ammo, and even the dreaded, super powerful secondary fire of the OSIPR, the charged pulse. It could vaporize anyone that it touches. The bluish white sparks that fly off of their slowly blacking, charring bodies that then turn to Carbon Dioxide, Oxygen, Chlorine, and other elements that afterwards quickly blend into our thin jacket we call the atmosphere. I need to save it for later. But for right now, we need to savor this triumph. I need to savor MY triumph.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes, I am one of those “When I say ‘JUMP!’ you say ‘how high?’

IC Section

Full Name: Sebastian
CID: 03187
Height: 5' 11
Hair Colour Dark brown
Eye Colour: Green (thick-rimmed Glasses)
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 125 Lbs
Mental Distinctions: Scientific intelligence gained by internet research and not college
Mental Defects: None, maybe the occasional, uncontrollable outburst which can easily be prevented
Mental Advantages: Learns quickly, thinks fast; IQ of 145 (learned before Combine)
Notable Qualities: Never gives up. EVER. Extremely loyal, will jump in front of a person being shot, unless the person being shot is being shot by a teammate.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
During curfew many months ago, some men in our room got in a fight. Civil protection came in to intervene, and apprehended all of us, even the innocents. Therefore, technically I have not been apprehended for something I did. I never get sent to a wall unless I'm being searched for stolen goods (I would NEVER steal) or being searched when entering Precinct three. I almost got sent to the wall for a minor offence that we will not go into, because it was cast away and not punished.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes. I patiently walk to the ration distribution terminal to get the rarely distributed UU branded treats, which I so eagerly yet patiently walk to my apartment where I rip it open and munch on the Citizen Distributions.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes, I love the Union with all of my heart, and will eradicate all forms of aggression against them. 

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes, I do. I understand completely and fully that any mistake I make can easily get me or my teammates killed, or worse.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I feel like I want to be a part of something more than being a citizen. I would feel safer, because, as a citizen, I feel very scared of being beaten or detained. It hasn't ever happened to me in City 45, but still, I'm scared, because you never know if you accidentally make a mistake. You aren't human if you don't make mistakes.
I also want to join because I need the money. I've been stolen from, scammed, and sometimes accidentally wasted all my money on doors and water.
In general, it’s the Kevlar vests, the carbon fiber-reinforced plastic facemasks, and the leather boots that get me giddy. And if I can go through the training, I will do anything for the Union, no matter what happens to it (nothing bad will ever happen to it.)

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Sebastian hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Post Auto-Merged: August 01, 2012, 06:13:21 PM
Almost no changes from the last one. Do what you said you would do smt.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 03:22:30 PM by RTLKarma »
For gaming videos, such as Minecraft, Half Life, Black Mesa, and Spore, go to http://www.youtube.com/user/PixelDuh?feature=mhee

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sebastian's Civil Authority Application's Verdict
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 03:22:28 PM »
UNIT: 479
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: DvL
Enter Password: ************
ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Sebastian
Citizen Identification Number: 03187

Acceptance status:
<::|| DENIED ||::>

Reason:
<::|| Applicant has not filled in his full name.. ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting C45.CCA.UNIFORM-DvL.479
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
Reviewed using ApplicationsHelper, 2.0.0.2.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal