Author Topic: [ACCEPTED] Harrison Smutson's Civil Authority Application  (Read 2210 times)

Offline Tapir!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[ACCEPTED] Harrison Smutson's Civil Authority Application
« on: July 31, 2012, 11:39:04 AM »
Harrison Smutson's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Tapir!

IC Character Name: Harrison Smutson

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
My Character, Harrison Smutson, wants to join the CCA for a multitude of reasons. However, two things for him offer the biggest pull. The first of these things being the fact that the UU has offered him a home and protection, and he feels he needs to give back. The second of these things being how well he's been treated by most of the officers below EU rank that he's met so far.

Harrison has been living under the UU (clearly) since the beginning of the Resonance cascade. The UU offered him protection from the dangerous, violent, and scary aliens that he encountered when the Cascade first began. He originally hailed from city 276 [so shoot me if i get the number wrong] in Sydney, but something, perhaps a computer glitch, sent him to City 18, and subsequently (18 being destroyed before he got there) City 45. The UU continued to offer him protection throughout his whole journey, which greatly influenced his decision to join the CCA when he arrived at City 45.

Secondly, he's so far had great experience with the Officers. When he does talk to them, they are usually very kind now that he knows a lot of them. Many officers know him by name, from various reasons. he's found that now that he has the Points, officers are more willing to give points to him, and he feels that this is their way of saying "We want you to take the next step." He's also had some conversations with GRID OfC 492 (the only officer he trusts, a bit, to be predictable) and is very confident that he want's to join GRID.

On another side note he also appreciates the great variety the CCA shows in City 45. In most all of the cities he stopped in, either he wasn't there long enough to meet the force, or of the force he saw, the only ranked items officals displayed were trench coats, mabye. Here, he sees modified masks, and these strange ranks he's never heard of. It's piqued his intrest, and he wants to learn more. Only way to learn more, is to enlist.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Harrison is smart, and logical. He absorbes knowledge quickly, and is not one to make mistakes. He can think on his own, but is also good at taking orders. He's not the most observant man, he wont pick up on Tiny details, but he's good at understanding people and how they will react in certain situations, predicting things, if you will. The Civil Protection High Command scares the living daylights out of him, because he finds them all (Especially SeC and OTA) to be incrediably unpredictable. Being nonchalant at one moment, and throwing him under scalding showers the next.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
Harrison expects a lot from the CCA, but he knows he won't reach it quickly. He's seen the ranks, and chatted with recruits, and he more-or-less understands it will take him a lot of time to earn, even a firearm and datapad, before he can learn more about the SeC and how high command works. He knows he'd be in the CCA for the long haul, and he's ready for it. He also sees it as the perfect chance to not just survive, but thrive. He doesn't 100% agree with the UUs message (Especially involving Vortigaunts), but he knows his best chances are with the Combine, not against them.

I expect a new chance to try some different roleplay. Rather than being beaten around, I'll be the one in control. I've had a CCA character before, and i'm very interested in seeing how this server runs their stuff, considering each server clearly does things differently. It'll be nice to wield a stun baton again. And i'm also interested in the different parts of the nexus and stuff that are added by CG, for CG.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Harrisons story starts in the Australian outback, where he begun life with his family of one brother and one sister, and both his mother and his father. Harrison lived out in the middle of nowhere, but his family certainly wasn't poor. He lived in a large mansion in the middle of the outback [Think the mansion from "The House of The Scorpion"], with plenty of modern technology all around them. As soon as he came of age, Harrison went to college. He'd always dreamed of leaving his island continent and visiting somewhere exotic, like Rio de Janiero, but he never got the chance. Not long after Harrison graduated, the Resonance cascade began, and Xen life started appearing. He lost his mother to an ant-lion, and his father to a Head crab. He was able to save his younger siblings, only until the combine came.

Harrison was without family, and living in City 276 under the control of an insane SeC officer, whom he didn't even know about. He saw the CAs speeches take place at gunpoint, and he saw all kinds of cruel things happen. Eventually though, unbeknownst to him, the speedily promoted SeC officer was speedily taken care of, and the city leveled out quickly. It wasn't long before he moved on from his dead family, with the help of high quantities of breens water, and decided to begin life Anew in City 276. It also wasn't long before the nexus systems for his area malfunctioned, and began relocating citizens to other cities. Harrison was sent to city 18, and was soon shipped out on his way.

Harrison spent the next six months traveling, from city to city. He took the RAZOR train from City 276 all the way to the northern coastal city 231, and onto a shipping frigate to be sent to the Cape of Good Hope. After spending two weeks at sea, surviving only on daily rations, he was sent into a transport dropship to be flown across the Sahara desert, because the Combine had no train systems there. Onboard the craft along with him, put to sleep, were a group of Stalkers and a group of CONSCRIPTED vortigaunts. The vortigaunts and Human onboard had a pre-determined sleep time, whereas the stalkers could be put down and awoken at any time because they were modified by the combine and were in stasis.

Of course, as all stories go, harrison encountered some complications on his way across the desert. The ship carrying him along encountered some malfunctions, and began a speedy decent into the desert. After the crash, Harrison awoke to find all of the CONSCRIPTS dead, and to be face to face with a sleeping Stalker. Having never seen a stalker, he panicked and left the wreck, finding outside one Vortigaunt whom had survived. The CONSCRIPT was wearing restraining devices, but they had been damaged in the crash, and saved his life by taking the brunt of the impact, being destroyed themselves. Harrison and the now free Vortigaunt spent a week surviving in the middle of the Sahara, which had become the worlds largest Antlion den.  The Vortigaunt, its name Long forgotten, fought alongside harrison to protect themselves from the antlions. From time to time, harrison would forrage for food, having found that the antlions stayed away from a (very lucky) nearby Oasis, and that many of the desert animals that would have been scattered around, ended up over there. At one point, Harrison was pinned against the wreckage of the ship, when the Vortigaunt came and saved his life. It soon ran out of energy, though, fighting back all the antlions, and was killed itself when one of them caught it by surprise. Not long after those events took place, a combine Search team came to recover anything they could from the wreckage. What they found, was a very bemused and hungry Harrison Smutson, Five dead Vortigaunts, and a dropship-load of Stalkers waiting to be transported to City 20. Harrison was among the list of "Recovered Items" and was shipped on his merry way to City 45, redirected after City 18 was destroyed while he was in the Desert.

And this, is pretty much where the story ends. Harrison arrived at city 45, on the train, just like everyone else. He was put into a station along the way, and picked up by the train before it arrived in City 45. There were no additions to harrisons record that would make him stick out, he was shown to have been to ten different cities, and the crash during transport was logged as "Equipment Malfunction En-route to City 45." Nobody would know what happened with him and the vortigaunt, and the UU saw no reason to throw away a citizen for which so much hard work had been put to move (For seemingly unknown reasons) anyway, so they threw him into City 45 to live his life. And the rest, is server history.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
About Six years

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
About Two years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
Two weeks, on the dot.

4. What Time zone are you in?
Eastern Standard (USA)

5. In what country do you live?
The United States of American.

6. How old are you?
Seventeen

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
I was a mayor on a DarkRP server, and the hobos had built a small city out of props, between two warehouses owned by hobos. My attitude was, "as long as the street urchins pay their taxes and behave, it's okay if they stay." The Hobos would often throw poo at citizens as they passed, and we decided it appropriate to build a clear shield around the front of their fascade so they couldn't stand on the wall and throw poo. They took the glass as an opportunity to become bullet-proof, and began harboring criminals and stopped paying their taxes. At that point, I sent in the entire police force to tear down the city (which, although could be considired abuse of powers, was in good RP), and detain any non-compliant hobos. I stood on a podium and gave a speech, Dark Knight style, telling the citizens that "This is what happens when you disobey the law."After the city was torn down, and the illegal goods carted away, we left the rubble and pieces as a reminder, for the citizens to behave. (Which, of course, they didn't It's DarkRP, c'mon guys.)

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Harrison Smutson
CID: 29628
Height: Six Foot, Two Inches.
Hair Colour Brown.
Eye Colour: Left Blue/Right Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: One Hundred and Ninety Pounds.
Mental Distinctions: Pays atttention, Takes orders well, Knowledgable, Always learning, Focused
Mental Defects: Misses small details, Sidetracked relatively easily, Sometimes thinks too much
Mental Advantages: Sharp mind, Observant when on Alert, Wide range of knowledge, "Information Sponge", Fast learner
Notable Qualities: PHYSICAL- Mismatched eyes, tall. MENTAL- Smart, Understanding, Good order Taker.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
I have One detainment on record. The detainment was for an Audio Violation, and was a misunderstanding on the part of the Officer, I however have learned from the mistake and will not allow it to happen again.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I want to Join the CCA to make a difference in our City. People run wild, things can be crazy.I want to help maintain Peace and Sociostability in glorious City 45. I admire the way the Combine Civil Authority officers Devote their lives to maintaining Sociostability, no matter how much the Citizens kick back. I worked some time as the City Administrators assistant, and helped to detain a subject for the CCA. I was very impressed with how Efficiently the officers were able to deal with the issues being presented to them, and I'm very happy with how the CA payed attention to Every citizens issues, individually. I've always had the want to join the Authority, but since my work up there, I've been inspired to help, and will stop at nothing to get a chance to join the CCA.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Harrison Smutson hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 05:01:38 PM by Brandon Sacawv »

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Harrison Smutson's Civil Authority Application's Verdict
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 03:51:43 PM »
UNIT: 479
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: DvL
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Harrison Smutson
Citizen Identification Number: 29628

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| INTERVIEW PENDING ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting C45.CCA.UNIFORM-DvL.479
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
Reviewed using ApplicationsHelper, 2.0.0.2.

Offline Tapir!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [PENDING] Harrison Smutson's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 04:06:08 PM »
Yuss. ty!

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 08:57:36 PM »
UNIT: 495
DIVISION: GRID
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: <Harrison Smutson>
Citizen Identification Number: 29628

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| Recruit 544 ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting <C45.CCA.GRID-OfC.495>
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 09:23:09 PM »
//Since when could GRID interview a CCA applicant?

Offline Khub

• Board Moderator
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 01:55:53 AM »
I am pretty sure that the authorizations and loadout list has stated that OfC's and DvL's can interview, until you have edited it.

Offline Tapir!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 01:59:57 AM »
I am pretty sure that the authorizations and loadout list has stated that OfC's and DvL's can interview, until you have edited it.
Yeah, this.

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 02:31:56 PM »
// I wasn't sure since you became DvL that it changed, and I read absolutely everything on the subject beforehand. Last time I checked any HC could conduct interviews.

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 05:00:57 PM »
// Few things. First, changing the tag to accepted, as Tapir was accepted. Second, noting that the recruit has been PK'd by UED, so he is dead.

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal