Author Topic: Server Suggestion: morbus (not vein anymore)  (Read 8326 times)

Offline TOMASAS

• da best xd
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Server Suggestion: Vein
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 03:37:51 AM »
Morbus was really fun re-add it and make a rule about broods not to use guns
There was a rule against it, but most people ignored it.
Stop assuming things.

bitcoin: 1Fq4EFYLwvktC3uKM6d6qu8irSwepqigAX

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 05:52:46 PM »
Yeah, ment to enforce it more. It was a nice server, really.

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 08:16:33 PM »
The server actually sounds very nice, for the anti-weapon use for broods couldn't you use a script such as the ones used in Jailbreak on CSS to stop CT's from free killing too much. Like if a brood uses his or her gun to kill other humans the server will detect it and then issue a kick or a ban depending on the number of offences.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Server Suggestion: morbus (not vein anymore)
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2013, 12:58:46 AM »
Meh, Morbus is okay I guess. It's fun to play occasionally with some friends for a few hours. But I wouldn't say it's something that we should have a dedicated server too.

Oh, I'd just like to add I Alpha and beta tested for this gamemode. Hell, I was there with Remscar when he got the gamemode when it was called Parasite 2. Just wanted to show how cool I am  8) 8) 8)

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline S?cojnr

• #1 CHAV
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2013, 03:05:04 AM »
I do really enjoy morbus, very fun gamemode, good laugh and I would not mind seeing it up.

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 12:34:05 AM »
Meh, Morbus is okay I guess. It's fun to play occasionally with some friends for a few hours. But I wouldn't say it's something that we should have a dedicated server too.

Oh, I'd just like to add I Alpha and beta tested for this gamemode. Hell, I was there with Remscar when he got the gamemode when it was called Parasite 2. Just wanted to show how cool I am  8) 8) 8)

I actually did not think of that, it is true that game game mode does not have really a "lasting impression" effect where you will want to play it religiously, in my opinion anyways.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2013, 12:19:36 PM »

I actually did not think of that, it is true that game game mode does not have really a "lasting impression" effect where you will want to play it religiously, in my opinion anyways.
Of course not, it's just like TTT as I said. Something that you occasionally join with a group of friends and have fun for an hour or two.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2013, 04:17:08 PM »
Of course not, it's just like TTT as I said. Something that you occasionally join with a group of friends and have fun for an hour or two.

This is the exact reason that Morbus didn't work, as well as our other servers that we've tried, we have a playerbase that expects a gamemode that they can play for hours upon hours and attain virtual items and achievement. Morbus doesn't offer this as all stats are for that session only. Being a combat-centralized gamemode, the model of providing attainable ranks and new abilities is a problem as it makes the game very difficult for a new player, therefore we will be stuck with the playerbase that is given when the server starts fresh, leading to frequent skill wipes and hurt feelings.

I'm not against Morbus, but I think it should be on a fretta-type server, along with TTT and some other popular gamemodes.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2013, 07:45:39 PM »

This is the exact reason that Morbus didn't work, as well as our other servers that we've tried, we have a playerbase that expects a gamemode that they can play for hours upon hours and attain virtual items and achievement. Morbus doesn't offer this as all stats are for that session only. Being a combat-centralized gamemode, the model of providing attainable ranks and new abilities is a problem as it makes the game very difficult for a new player, therefore we will be stuck with the playerbase that is given when the server starts fresh, leading to frequent skill wipes and hurt feelings.

I'm not against Morbus, but I think it should be on a fretta-type server, along with TTT and some other popular gamemodes.

If anything, this. Why don't we just like save ourselves a lot of trouble and turn TTT into fretta. I mean, nobody plays TTT and lets be honest here, everyone saying "Yeah, I love Morbus! Pls 2 add" are just going to not go on it anyways just like last time and just how TTT is now.

At least with Fretta you broaden the range of fun things to play which can still include TTT, Morbus, Pedobear Escape, prop hunts and whatever else you can think of.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal