Author Topic: Epidemic Roleplay (Zombierp)  (Read 7224 times)

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Epidemic Roleplay (Zombierp)
« on: September 03, 2012, 12:40:35 AM »
This suggestion was already essentially brought up by SirTai in his thread about Zombie Roleplay but then again for the sake of necro posting and creating a more descriptive post I am making this. Yes, people, zombie roleplay. However, I'm not talking something like one of the comment on that post said:

It must be a SERIOUS rp server. No dark rp just kill zombies all day.

And not run under the shitty OA script or anything but rather, the script of an old gamemode which was by far, in my opinion the best gamemode ever made hosted by an old community called Necropolis RP which consequently is now dead. I realize this script will be broken in Gmod13 but then again, this is more a suggesting as far as "if it were to be done" kind of thing. That being said, the gamemode was called Epidemic(I think this is the script here: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=82350). The map they ran if I am not mistaken was a scary night version of downtown: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=87574 and they had their own custom thing of canon. I managed to find an old detailed facepunch thread by one of the original owners. http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=876675

That being said, it's basically a zombie survival gamemode consisting of four factions.

1. The Red Dawn (or something of that nature, it's been a few years)

This was essentially a bandit group that was infamous for mugging/killing people (within reason) and they often held events such as cage matches and zombie pit fights for supply rewards such as food, weapons, tools, etc. Joining among them was usually difficult and they were pretty much rolling stones so they were hard to find.

2. The Military

This faction was the remnants of military survivors who still kept to their directives and still worked to keep the public safe to some degree. They were usually all armed and held up in for the most part secure locations as survivor safe houses and such.

3. The Refugee

These were basically your apocalyptic equivalent to HL2rp citizens. Normal people who happened to survive the Epidemic and were trying to survive by any means, either by military, red dawn or themselves.

4. The Infected

This is where things got interesting. These were infected citizens that essentially turned into zombies and in special cases, were largely based of left 4 dead.  There were zombies with witch skins which were very dangerous, there were zombies with the hunter model which were also dangerous however, the more powerful zombies were trusted to the more trusted role players similar to how our HL2rp hierarchy works. However, there were simple normal zombies that had a skin that wasn't the HL2 zombie model but actually a custom model that looked like a bloodied up citizen and at a certain distance could be confused as a live player. There was one point that I recall where I was with a friend and we called up an elevator and there was a player who had a Tank model. I kinda pissed myself a little, but s'all good. However, there is a catch. If I recall correctly, the zombies did tend to stay within the confines of the subway and underground. The subway was a lot like the HL2rp Nexus. A kill in there was a PK.

I can give multiple situations I had with a friend of mine on that server and by far, they were the best. I think that CG can replicate and maybe even make that experience better. It's something different and would be enjoyable for everyone. Again, I am fully aware of it breaking in Gmod13, however if it could be fixed I think it would be amazing to have and bring in more members. That's just my thoughts anyhow.

Please enjoy these videos and pictures of past game play.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8OK_BOLcFM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8OK_BOLcFM</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiygWzs6ypc" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiygWzs6ypc</a>

« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 12:44:41 AM by Sexy Frog »

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Mr. Pettit

Re: Epidemic Roleplay (Zombierp)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 02:17:26 AM »
I'm really glad you brought this up actually. The serious post-apoc rp game modes would work well with Catalyst Gaming, seeing how large of a community we are. This game mode looks like Severance for the most part, which I love when I do play it but this one in particular has a much more of a customizable/cosmetic appeal to it. All in all, I think this would work well here and I would certainly like to see it be added.

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 06:24:24 AM »
I played at Necropolis RP and was friends with one of their mappers. Loved the script, loved the atmosphere and definitely loved the RP and players. Only problem is, this game-mode requires loads of downloads, which I think Rofl has a policy against. Other then the fact it requires a crap-ton of models, I would probably play it as much as I play HL2RP.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 09:29:34 AM »
Zombie gamemodes doesn't last long.
Look at morbus.

And now i know you will all say "yes, but morbus is shit". No, its not. Its a nice gamemode. Its impossible to make you guys happy, because you all expect a whole lot to be created every month. How would we accomplish making a new gamemode every month, because the others gets boring?
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 10:27:38 AM »
Morbus is great but I think the connect link is broken, I tried it before.
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 06:10:59 PM »
I'm just going to say this. Morbus is an insult to zombie gamemodes. I know the guy who created it, and he ripped off another gamemode called Parasite, which I didn't like either. It's a bad game because it's literally a repeat of itself over and over again. This is a suggestion for a roleplaying server that includes the aspect of a zombie apocalypse, where society has pretty much collapsed completely, and where people are under constant threat to survive against hordes of infected humans. You could choose to take on so many paths, do some many different actions, create different characters to explore different areas. All things people usually don't think of when they hear the word "Zombie gamemode". I love anything that is related to the concept of zombies, and I would highly enjoy something like this. Sure, it'd take a while to setup, and yes, it'd take some downloads. But I think that it would attract some players, as well as get more people involved in the community.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 06:28:10 PM »
Morbus isn't even zombies...it's like aliens...

>I'll never forget...

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 08:25:15 PM »
Epidemic is a serious RP, similar to the expectations of HL2RP. Comparing Morbus to ERP isn't really accurate.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 08:41:59 PM »
Everyone is familiar with zombies, and zombie stores, I'm pretty sure people will get along with the RP and find it fun before they even join the server. So this sounds like a good idea to me.

+support

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 10:51:42 PM »
Morbus isn't even zombies...it's like aliens...

That. Morbus isn't based around rp. It's supposed to be a fast paced team deathmatch of sorts unlike this.

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 11:37:49 AM »
Yes. I would love this personally.

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 02:08:23 PM »
We really don't need another roleplay server, no do I think we have the playerbase to support it.

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 02:48:26 PM »
We don't need an rp server like how we don't need the other half of our servers... Doesn't matter, you can put it on the list like the other ones.

People will still play on it even if the playerbase isn't that strong, look at outlands...

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2012, 04:13:13 PM »
We do have the player base, however, school does take it's toll on activity. That's a good amount of the issue.

>I'll never forget...

Offline Checkers

• Cats are cool stuff
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 09:41:38 PM »
I'm all in for this, I would love to come home from work to play this.
I am ded not big surprise.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal