Author Topic: Co-Founder of Invisible Children (Kony 2012) detained for masturbating in public  (Read 4531 times)

Offline CrazyNinja

• No dad please
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
First off, I would like to laugh at those who donated to invisible chieldren.

Anyways, The Co-Founder of invisible children that made the Kony 2012 video on youtube.  Was arrested for masturbating in public along with a few other things.  Kony 2012 is a fraud only trying to scam people and get their money.

News Article:  http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/jason-russell-san-diego-invisible-children-kony-2012-142970255.html

Anyways, opinions?

« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 02:03:43 PM by Beef Bulkfist »

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
As far as the video tells, hes not arrested, hes receiving medical help.

So yeah, hes not arrested tho your title is invalid and misleading.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline CrazyNinja

• No dad please
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Lol, well anyways I changed it to "detained."

Still though, aren't those who donated to invisible children happy that it's a fraud and the co-founder acts like this?  Cause you know, he acts so responsible over his actions.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Regardless, he was arrested for the act. The police officers who handled it soon realized he needed medical help.
Live free or die

Offline Spassy The Starsailor

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Lol, well anyways I changed it to "detained."

Still though, aren't those who donated to invisible children happy that it's a fraud and the co-founder acts like this?  Cause you know, he acts so responsible over his actions.

Ah yes, another Ad Hominem. I'm highly critical towards Invisible Children (one of the critical aspects of this organisation is that one of the co founders expressed during a sort of "QA" that the organisations is, in a stealthy way "Evangelizing people into loving Christ".), just because a co-founder acted this way, does not may the entire organisation invalid. Therefore, this is a Ad Hominem.

"An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an attempt to negate the truth of a claim by pointing out a negative characteristic or belief of the person supporting it. Ad hominem reasoning is normally described as a logical fallacy."

"“Jason Russell was unfortunately hospitalized yesterday suffering from exhaustion, dehydration, and malnutrition. He is now receiving medical care and is focused on getting better.

Source: Invisible Children Co-Founder Detained: SDPD | NBC San Diego"

It seems as if this mental breakdown was caused by some health problems. Doing something this bizarre is likely due to some psychological disability, and as the article said "exhaustion, dehydration, and malnutrition.".

"He was no problem for the police department however, during the evaluation we learned that we probably needed to take care of him," said an SDPD spokesperson. "We determined that medical treatment was a better course of action than arrest."

Source: Invisible Children Co-Founder Detained: SDPD | NBC San Diego "

So this was mostly likely caused by a very serious mental condition (and perhaps also physical condition), I'm not judging the organisation nor him for this acting, just another case of "Mental Breakdown".
"Condemn me. It does not matter. History will absolve me."

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
people have been talking about this kony guy for like 2 weeks now. i still haven't, and won't ever be arsed to google \ youtube him and even figure out what the shit he \ she \ it is about because i don't give a rats ass. that's my two cents.

e: but i will admit, getting arrested for jackin' it in public is pretty damn epic, no matter who you are.
game over

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
people have been talking about this kony guy for like 2 weeks now. i still haven't, and won't ever be arsed to google \ youtube him and even figure out what the shit he \ she \ it is about because i don't give a rats ass. that's my two cents.

e: but i will admit, getting arrested for jackin' it in public is pretty damn epic, no matter who you are.

Basicly some African warlord that captures children and makes them his children, and these Invisible Children people are trying to find him in Uganda, even though he left a long time ago, they're also rebuilding shit for them like schools and somehow getting them jobs but that's all I know. Don't get mad if I was ill-informed plx.  (AKAIK)

And yes I agree wanking off in public is pretty cool.

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
so basically some guy goes hard in the paint for some african kids is what i took from this
game over

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
so basically some guy goes hard in the paint for some african kids is what i took from this

yep

also they went to the gov with it and asked for help but they were like 'lolno' because there was nothing in it for them until later when they had like 1,000,000 on their side and didn't want to look bad so they were like:

but ended up only sending like 100 military training people

also there was oil in it or something lol

AFAIK

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Americans = I'll only do it if I get something from it.
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline Cux

• View Profile
    • Awards
Video footage: http://musicfeeds.com.au/culture/watch-jason-russells-kony-2012-meltdown-close-up-footage/

Damn, I was about to state my opinions that he was just being accused of doing these actions but after that video...
However, I shall remain skeptical about that video...
"There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in  their home."
-Kenneth Olsen, President and Founder of Digital Equipment Corporation, in 1977

"Everything that can be invented has been invented."
-Charles H. Duell, U.S. Commissioner of Patents, in 1899

Offline GeneralTrivium

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
There are rumours floating around that his whole psychosis was drug induced.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal