Author Topic: Total war games?  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Wacka

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Total war games?
« on: June 18, 2012, 04:12:46 PM »
Did any of you ever played any of the total war games? if so, which one was the best in your opinion? Personally, I'd go with Empire: Total War and Rome :Total war.

Empire has the economic system that I always wanted, the way each resources has a value on the world market and how the prices changes depending on how much that product get produced, it's simply awesome.

I'd also say Rome : Total War, simply because I love the era...

How about you?

Offline Tuxedo_Penguin

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Total war games?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 12:13:37 AM »
I really, really like Shogun 2 : Total War, as I love the Ancient Japanese / Chinese culture, but I also really like Medieval 2 Total War, mainly due my interest in this era surpassing most others. The only problems I have are the dumbed down cavalry and the fact that you can't name an heir. I do, however, agree on the Empire:Total War economic system, it was really cool they implemented that.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Total war games?
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 07:19:20 PM »
Total War is the best RTS I have ever played, hands down.  I own Medieval 2 w/Kingdoms and Empire: Total War.  I have yet to play Shogun 2, but it looks like they ironed out everything.  Medieval 2 was awesome, but the AI was god like at times and the gameplay was overly complex.  Empire was better in turns of simplification and it introduced several new features like interactive naval battles.  However, what pissed me off most was they got rid of agent mission videos as well as the ability to take prisoners and ransom them off.  Also, what my other friends who owned the game hated about it was the AI was too easy (If you had an island, they would never invade it.)  After playing the demo for Shogun 2, it does look really good, but my comp can barely run Empire so....yeah X(

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal