Author Topic: Milking the cow  (Read 11212 times)

Offline Sithis

• The Troll King
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Milking the cow
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 08:13:45 PM »
So then why don't we take a day out of the year to remember the 20k+ people that die every single day due to hunger? I don't understand. Is it because of America's ego? That it can't admit that it still has starving kids in it's own country, yet it is somehow classified as a first-world nation? There poison in the water supply, and yet we are still classified as a first-world nation?

The reason we take a day to remember the people lost on 9/11 is not because of the amount of casualties, but how and why it was done. It was a terrorist attack, not starvation, it was the way they were lost, not how many.
To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2013, 09:35:48 PM »
So then why don't we take a day out of the year to remember the 20k+ people that die every single day due to hunger? I don't understand. Is it because of America's ego? That it can't admit that it still has starving kids in it's own country, yet it is somehow classified as a first-world nation? There poison in the water supply, and yet we are still classified as a first-world nation?

The reason we take a day to remember the people lost on 9/11 is not because of the amount of casualties, but how and why it was done. It was a terrorist attack, not starvation, it was the way they were lost, not how many.

So dying a slow and painful death, like starvation, isn't as bad as falling to your death/blowing up instantaneously? Dying of hunger isn't a good feeling. Think about how people feel when they are dying of starvation, the way they are dying isn't pleasant in any way shape or form.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Xanuch

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2013, 01:29:20 AM »
As taboo as death is in America as a whole, 9/11 was a hard knock on wood for being called invincible. People got in, and had a plan, and went through it. Assuming all of the middle east is suicidal and murderous is assuming every American is obese, stupid, and lazy.

Seriously, sure we take a bit of mourning to our loss, and a major economic center in our nation was hit. I honestly think we should drop it after a while, and refer it as a textbook historical event under "first direct attack to the US."

Obama should have a better plan, he's been whizzing paper airplanes like a student without motivation for his last term, and his first executive order should've been stripper poles in the white house (fuckin' love saints row)

Outside of that, just because people die of starvation, and we have lazy individuals with a strong need to be weaned off the welfare, no countries are perfect. Some have poor economies, people, and even worse military. Really now, I'd sooner live in England, or Sweden, or somewhere where everyone is actually in peacetime for once. This nation has sunk its boots in the blood of war, and sadly enough we aren't going to see an end to it any time soon to step out. Welcome to America, where you can bitch about the government and they'll for once listen to you. #NSA

Offline Sithis

• The Troll King
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2013, 09:29:07 AM »

So dying a slow and painful death, like starvation, isn't as bad as falling to your death/blowing up instantaneously? Dying of hunger isn't a good feeling. Think about how people feel when they are dying of starvation, the way they are dying isn't pleasant in any way shape or form.

Yeah, starvation is not good, don't get me wrong, but do you see airplanes crashing into buildings every day?

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2013, 07:29:31 PM »
Why exactly do you want Americans to mourn for the 20k+ that die daily from hunger? I don't expect people outside of Norway to mourn for the 77 that died in 2011 - I didn't even think about 9/11 when that day crossed us because I wasn't affected by it... May sound horrible - but if I'm not very affected by it, I don't really care - that's how society works.

Yeah, the 9/11 attacks were horrible, so are the hunger deaths. What exactly do you want me to do about it? America has their own way of handling grief which appears to be spending 3 billion dollars on a new building. We in Norway had our own way which was the Rosemarch after the attacks.

I hate to say it but the hungerdeaths have become such an ordinary part of my life that I simply don't ever think about it anymore unless someone brings it up. Only reason I actually remembered 9/11 was because I was speaking to Waffle and he changed to his usual name

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2013, 07:42:20 PM »
Why exactly do you want Americans to mourn for the 20k+ that die daily from hunger? I don't expect people outside of Norway to mourn for the 77 that died in 2011 - I didn't even think about 9/11 when that day crossed us because I wasn't affected by it... May sound horrible - but if I'm not very affected by it, I don't really care - that's how society works.

Yeah, the 9/11 attacks were horrible, so are the hunger deaths. What exactly do you want me to do about it? America has their own way of handling grief which appears to be spending 3 billion dollars on a new building. We in Norway had our own way which was the Rosemarch after the attacks.

I hate to say it but the hungerdeaths have become such an ordinary part of my life that I simply don't ever think about it anymore unless someone brings it up. Only reason I actually remembered 9/11 was because I was speaking to Waffle and he changed to his usual name

Ever felt hungry, let's say after a jog and your stomach was grumbling? Luckily for you, there's food in the fridge, and if not, there's a million fast food places and a grocery store. Now, imagine always feeling hungry. Not having a fast food place nearby or a grocery store, oh and you feel ten times more hungry because you last meal was a few grains of rice, and the one before that was about 15 pinto beans. Instead of fixing that, America spends 3 billion dollars on lives that are already gone, when they could be spending it on saving lives. It's aboslutly digusting to me knowing that America doesn't care at all for starving children.

Also, in case anyone is wondering if I do anything, I do. I donate canned food all the time and I always have energy bars with me (they are tasty, mhm) so when I see a homeless person, I give one to them. Everyone should do the same, but I guess most people don't care about others.

I am not directing any of my posts at all towards anyone in particular, I am just expressing my feels about hunger and whatnot.

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2013, 07:46:17 PM »
America doesn't care about starving children because they have enough problems to begin with. I don't see any other countries really caring about starving children either, why aren't you saying anything about them? You make this seem like a problem exclusive to America to me. It is not the responsibility of foreign governments to aid starving children - their job is to run the country and please their citizens.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2013, 08:40:02 PM »
America doesn't care about starving children because they have enough problems to begin with. I don't see any other countries really caring about starving children either, why aren't you saying anything about them? You make this seem like a problem exclusive to America to me. It is not the responsibility of foreign governments to aid starving children - their job is to run the country and please their citizens.

Because I don't know enough about other countries. If I did, then I would for sure comment on it, but since I don't know enough about other countries with starving, I won't say anything about them. One thing I can say about America is how they spent over 3B$ on a tower instead of saving more lifes. I'm not saying the problem is exclusive to America, I just don't know enough about other countries pertaining to this topic and comment about them.

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2013, 09:51:49 PM »
It's still not the job of foreign countries to help others with starvation - it may be immoral not to help, but it's not their job.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2013, 10:14:25 PM »
name a time in history people died of starvation. since the dawn of life. We're jaded towards hunger. It happens. We do a lot more than most countries about it. Yet you have the nerve to question if we should mourn 3000+ innocent people slaughtered in cold blood? where the fuck do you get your logic, cow? Your ass?

Warning, Be nicer
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 11:56:04 PM by KJUN »

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2013, 12:06:57 AM »
name a time in history people died of starvation. since the dawn of life. We're jaded towards hunger. It happens. We do a lot more than most countries about it. Yet you have the nerve to question if we should mourn 3000+ innocent people slaughtered in cold blood? where the fuck do you get your logic, cow? Your ass?

Warning, Be nicer

"If you can't post without getting angry...don't bother posting anything and avoid the thread."

"DONT FLAME, OR USE PROFANITY IN YOUR REPLIES. THIS IS A SERIOUS THREAD."

Please read the original post and all of the replies before posting. This is a civilized thread. Thank you.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2013, 09:35:08 AM »
Just throwing this out there. Natural selection. Preventing overpopulation.

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Milking the cow
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2013, 12:54:06 AM »
We take one day out of 365 to remember a tragic loss in human life. (all) countries have a day to remember a tragic event. This was the greatest loss in American lives in one day (civilians). There has never been an event in our history as bloody as 9/11. Civilians had never been slaughtered like that. say your prayers, pay your dues, and carry on. Arguing over the validity of mourning the dead is pointless. Sure shit gets worse around the world. Sure our government is kinda shit. But let us have one god damn day.

Also, Obama said he does not want to go into Syria. Most we might do is send some surplus AKs to resistance and blow up a building. Huzzah!
Most delayed response ever, but are you F'ing kidding me? If you need your precious one day, then why not use it remembering real world issues, like hunger or political corruptness, or use it remembering actual things that weren't just caused by America being complete and utter idiots? Like remember World Wars 1 and 2, like we do in Canada, rather than remembering things that were caused by your own country's greed and idiocy, such as the Vietnam War, or 9/11 itself? If both Bush administrations (HW and W) hadn't been such power-hungry, oil-mongering idiots, 9/11 never would've happened. Just gonna throw this out there.

If I've broken forum rules by posting this, take action as necessary. I have a serious problem with America and I had to get this off of my chest somehow.

[Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.]
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 01:00:45 AM by Strelnikov »
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2013, 01:54:57 AM »
We take one day out of 365 to remember a tragic loss in human life. (all) countries have a day to remember a tragic event. This was the greatest loss in American lives in one day (civilians). There has never been an event in our history as bloody as 9/11. Civilians had never been slaughtered like that. say your prayers, pay your dues, and carry on. Arguing over the validity of mourning the dead is pointless. Sure shit gets worse around the world. Sure our government is kinda shit. But let us have one god damn day.

Also, Obama said he does not want to go into Syria. Most we might do is send some surplus AKs to resistance and blow up a building. Huzzah!
Most delayed response ever, but are you F'ing kidding me? If you need your precious one day, then why not use it remembering real world issues, like hunger or political corruptness, or use it remembering actual things that weren't just caused by America being complete and utter idiots? Like remember World Wars 1 and 2, like we do in Canada, rather than remembering things that were caused by your own country's greed and idiocy, such as the Vietnam War, or 9/11 itself? If both Bush administrations (HW and W) hadn't been such power-hungry, oil-mongering idiots, 9/11 never would've happened. Just gonna throw this out there.

If I've broken forum rules by posting this, take action as necessary. I have a serious problem with America and I had to get this off of my chest somehow.

Roflwaffle said necroposting doesn't apply anymore as long as the post is still on topic so don't worry.

We do have the WW2 Memorial and veterans day, the only difference is that the WW2 Memorial costed $197 million while the freedom tower costed roughly 3 billion, even though far more people died during WW2 than 9/11,  60 million people compared to 3k people. It's pretty dumb when you think about it but what can you do.

Offline Sithis

• The Troll King
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2013, 10:16:46 AM »

Roflwaffle said necroposting doesn't apply anymore as long as the post is still on topic so don't worry.

We do have the WW2 Memorial and veterans day, the only difference is that the WW2 Memorial costed $197 million while the freedom tower costed roughly 3 billion, even though far more people died during WW2 than 9/11,  60 million people compared to 3k people. It's pretty dumb when you think about it but what can you do.

The difference between WW2 and 9/11 it was a war. Not a terrorist attack.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal