Author Topic: Milking the cow  (Read 11214 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Milking the cow
« on: September 14, 2013, 04:42:48 PM »
DONT FLAME, OR USE PROFANITY IN YOUR REPLIES. THIS IS A SERIOUS THREAD.

So everyone read the "Never forget 9/11" thread or whatever it's called by wakeboarder, and don't forget the replies. I was told to take my discussion off of that thread and make a new one, so here I go. Since its a new thread I will also be bringing up some other topics to talk about, not just 9/11.

As you read in the other thread, over 20k people die everyday to hunger. Yet only a slim number of 3k people died and now the US spent over 3billion dollars making a "memorial" aka the freedom tower in NYC. Is it a good thing people died? No, I never said that. What I'm saying is that it's disgusting to think that America spent all that money when they could have used it to save their own people. Obama ordering drone strikes on children because they thought they were planting IEDs(look it up online, true story), when they were just collecting feces as in the middle east trees are not very plentiful and they need to stay warm in the night. Where is the pride in that? George Washingtons farewell speech/I can't remember the formal word, essentially said in it to stay out of other countries business(you can look it up online). Now look at us, Obama wanting to go to war with Syria. Look at the Vietnam war, same thing. Where is the pride in killing innocent children, and now making many retired vets have permanent social problems like PTSD? Where is the pride in that? I loose faith in America everyday. The NSA spying on its own citizens, where is the pride in that?

Discuss. If you can't post without getting angry and feel the need to ban me because I have my own opinions, don't bother posting anything and avoid the thread.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Milking the cow
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 04:56:22 PM »
I have to agree that the US has some serious issues, they need to stop spying on the entire world and definitely need to stop going to war that much, why are they even participating in the Syrian war?

Offline Leon the reboobler :3

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 05:19:51 PM »
Why should you care then? Why not let us have a place and time to remember the dead... It's a single day every year we get to do it. Why do you complain, let us remember them in peace.

Reporter: Do you think the nazi's will go underground after the war?
Patton: Six feet.

Offline Remilia Scarlet

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 05:43:27 PM »
I have a lot of problems with the US. Sure it's sad that 3k people died, but as you said, many more do die every day.

A lot of Americans thought that America was invincible. 9/11 was like a slap on the wrist, but does that mean it was a good thing? No, but feeling that we were untouchable also wasn't a good thing.
Gregory Casavant: ((The HRP stew is missing something today, hmm, needs more admin.))

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 08:10:50 PM »
Obama said in an interview he does NOT WANT to get involved in Syria. Fact of the 9/11 memorial is: This was the first attack on us in 70 years, even Pearl Harbor didn't do that much damage. And, it was an attack on a military center. The only attack that is larger/the same size as 911 would be the War of 1812. Therefor the last major attack was 200 years ago, a big deal. With a government that cares about it's people and their safety, we spent a ton of money after 911 to secure our borders and prevent such things from happening again, along with the memorial. When you have a government that doesn't give a rats ass (Syria) and a religion that <3s killing people that don't agree with them, it's a tad different.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 09:23:39 PM »
People die everyday. Yes, I know that, but when someone decides to hijack airplanes and crash them into buildings, killing thousands of innocent people, we as a nation need to do something. In remembrance of those that died we dedicate one day of the year to where we take a few minutes and have a moment of silence. As for the hunger problem, I'm not going to say much on here but I believe in limited government and personal responsibility. I don't believe in having the government take care of you(Such as welfare). That's all I am going to say and will not reply to anyone if they make a comment on what I said.

As for this Obama stuff, all I have to say is he is not my president. He is the country's president, but there is no way in hell I would have voted for him if I was old enough at the time. He's drove this country into the ground and continues to do so.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 09:25:54 PM by wakeboarderCWB »

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 05:09:27 AM »
Personally, I believe that if you're going to ban the use of chemical weapons, what would be the point if you're not set to enforce those laws with whatever force is needed, and it seems it fell to the US since no other country or the United Nations wants to kick the beehive. Even with all the fuss being raised, I think no real warfare will come of this, just a show of force to validate the threats.

Couple old warehouses get blown up, pictures taken, video footage shown.

Hooray, we did something!

5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Remilia Scarlet

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 08:37:35 AM »
Obama said in an interview he does NOT WANT to get involved in Syria. Fact of the 9/11 memorial is: This was the first attack on us in 70 years, even Pearl Harbor didn't do that much damage. And, it was an attack on a military center. The only attack that is larger/the same size as 911 would be the War of 1812. Therefor the last major attack was 200 years ago, a big deal. With a government that cares about it's people and their safety, we spent a ton of money after 911 to secure our borders and prevent such things from happening again, along with the memorial. When you have a government that doesn't give a rats ass (Syria) and a religion that <3s killing people that don't agree with them, it's a tad different.

Hmm, I never thought of it in this way. You have convinced me to see that the memorial is there for a greater reason than I once thought.
Gregory Casavant: ((The HRP stew is missing something today, hmm, needs more admin.))

Offline Mr Jive

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 11:00:48 AM »
People die everyday. Yes, I know that, but when someone decides to hijack airplanes and crash them into buildings, killing thousands of innocent people, we as a nation need to do something. In remembrance of those that died we dedicate one day of the year to where we take a few minutes and have a moment of silence. As for the hunger problem, I'm not going to say much on here but I believe in limited government and personal responsibility. I don't believe in having the government take care of you(Such as welfare). That's all I am going to say and will not reply to anyone if they make a comment on what I said.

As for this Obama stuff, all I have to say is he is not my president. He is the country's president, but there is no way in hell I would have voted for him if I was old enough at the time. He's drove this country into the ground and continues to do so.

Some people can't just fucking defend themselves, some people are born with nothing, can't get an education and have no opportunities. And your answer is just to let those innocent people die? Thousands of people will literally starve to death in America, and you think your Government should let them, and should do nothing to try and help them? How can you be so fucking cruel, how can you mourn the loss of 3000 people and then say you happy with thousands more dying!? Are those people not innocent, have they somehow done something to deserve such a horrible fate? Or is it just you don't want to spend your tax payer money on some poor person you've never met before, and would rather it go towards helping those who already have money?

It's like you can feel sorry for someone who died and it wasn't Americas fault, but if something makes America look bad you turn a blind eye.

And you should fucking respond, if you have an opinion stand behind it and defend your opinion, I'm happy to admit I'm wrong if you can persuade me, and you should be able to do the same, you shouldn't blindly support America in everything it does, and then ignore it when someone holds up a mirror to show off its ugly side.

And while were on the matter, my condolences to those who lost loved ones 12 years ago.

Also cow, you've done a good job of making yourself the most unpopular person on Catalyst-gaming :P
OCRP IC name: Rudy Smith

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 11:22:49 AM »

Some people can't just fucking defend themselves, some people are born with nothing, can't get an education and have no opportunities. And your answer is just to let those innocent people die? Thousands of people will literally starve to death in America, and you think your Government should let them, and should do nothing to try and help them? How can you be so fucking cruel, how can you mourn the loss of 3000 people and then say you happy with thousands more dying!? Are those people not innocent, have they somehow done something to deserve such a horrible fate? Or is it just you don't want to spend your tax payer money on some poor person you've never met before, and would rather it go towards helping those who already have money?

It's like you can feel sorry for someone who died and it wasn't Americas fault, but if something makes America look bad you turn a blind eye.

And you should fucking respond, if you have an opinion stand behind it and defend your opinion, I'm happy to admit I'm wrong if you can persuade me, and you should be able to do the same, you shouldn't blindly support America in everything it does, and then ignore it when someone holds up a mirror to show off its ugly side.

And while were on the matter, my condolences to those who lost loved ones 12 years ago.

Also cow, you've done a good job of making yourself the most unpopular person on Catalyst-gaming :P
I'll reply to you since you seem pretty upset.

That is not what I mean. That is not what I mean at all. Limited government and personal responsibility. I don't believe in having a government sit there and take care of you(Unless you have a disability, which is completely different. I'm talking about fit people). Everyone is able to get an education, whether they choose to or not is their responsibly. There are community colleges which are cheap(Less than $10k). Student loans are available and almost 90% of people who apply can get one. Hell, even high school educations are still enough to get a well paying job. I am not happy with thousands of people dying from hunger, but I am not happy with many people taking advantage of the systems the government put into place for those who aren't fit enough to live a life on their own(Mental illness, wounded in war, etc). I was born into a family with literally nothing. We were classified as poor. Neither of my parents have a college education, we only had one car, and we were living paycheck to paycheck. Did we just sit there and ask the government for help? No, my dad took it upon himself to get a loan and go to trade school. You don't need a 4 year university degree to get a $50k/year job.

I don't like to see people just sit around and watch as the government caters to everyone. If you're so upset about the hunger problem, take it upon yourself and go to a soup kitchen. Donate a meal to a family on Thanksgiving. My old neighbors used to be just like this. They had a hard time paying the bills. There were 4 kids that I knew pretty well, so what did we do to help? If there was something that had to be done around our house and we were shorthanded, we'd offer them the job and pay them. They were perfectly fit, they just couldn't make it as well as some other people could. We didn't just give them money, we gave them jobs to do and they got paid.

Offline Sithis

• The Troll King
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2013, 11:35:28 AM »
9/11 was sad and respectfully, people take ONE day of the year to mourn the losses. If you can't respect that, fine, but keep it to yourself. I know America has MANY issues, but you don't think other countries do as well? Everyone makes America look horrible, when other countries are doing WAY worse things. The government is corrupt, like most governments, but, I think our government is much better than most.

That is not what I mean. That is not what I mean at all. Limited government and personal responsibility. I don't believe in having a government sit there and take care of you(Unless you have a disability, which is completely different. I'm talking about fit people). Everyone is able to get an education, whether they choose to or not is their responsibly. There are community colleges which are cheap(Less than $10k). Student loans are available and almost 90% of people who apply can get one. Hell, even high school educations are still enough to get a well paying job. I am not happy with thousands of people dying from hunger, but I am not happy with many people taking advantage of the systems the government put into place for those who aren't fit enough to live a life on their own(Mental illness, wounded in war, etc). I was born into a family with literally nothing. We were classified as poor. Neither of my parents have a college education, we only had one car, and we were living paycheck to paycheck. Did we just sit there and ask the government for help? No, my dad took it upon himself to get a loan and go to trade school. You don't need a 4 year university degree to get a $50k/year job.

I don't like to see people just sit around and watch as the government caters to everyone. If you're so upset about the hunger problem, take it upon yourself and go to a soup kitchen. Donate a meal to a family on Thanksgiving. My old neighbors used to be just like this. They had a hard time paying the bills. There were 4 kids that I knew pretty well, so what did we do to help? If there was something that had to be done around our house and we were shorthanded, we'd offer them the job and pay them. They were perfectly fit, they just couldn't make it as well as some other people could. We didn't just give them money, we gave them jobs to do and they got paid.

Yeah, those people you paid to do jobs, do you realise most people don't have that situation and can't get money? You need to look at the big picture my friend, not your neighborhood.

As for obama driving our country down... YOU REALISE THAT HE HAD TO TAKE ON THE SHIT ALL THE OTHER CRAPPY PRESIDENTS LEFT HIM.

That's all I will say about that, this thread has officially pissed lots of people off. Good job cow.
To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive.

Offline Mr Jive

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2013, 11:42:15 AM »
Thanks for responding wake, and I think I get a better picture of what your saying. People abusing the system to get a free handout are the worst, but there are still some people where it is just to difficult for them to even take the first step, and I got the impression from your first post that you didn't care for them that much. Some people really can't do it themselves, not many but some really do have nothing. I personally believe that a government is responsible, and should try to help them as much as they can, but they should be willing to try and make their lives better.

Also, I'll admit I responded a bit 'passionately', apologies for that.

OCRP IC name: Rudy Smith

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2013, 06:03:07 PM »

I am the reincarnation of hogs.

9/11 was sad and respectfully, people take ONE day of the year to mourn the losses. If you can't respect that, fine, but keep it to yourself. I know America has MANY issues, but you don't think other countries do as well? Everyone makes America look horrible, when other countries are doing WAY worse things. The government is corrupt, like most governments, but, I think our government is much better than most.

Yeah, those people you paid to do jobs, do you realise most people don't have that situation and can't get money? You need to look at the big picture my friend, not your neighborhood.

As for obama driving our country down... YOU REALISE THAT HE HAD TO TAKE ON THE SHIT ALL THE OTHER CRAPPY PRESIDENTS LEFT HIM.

That's all I will say about that, this thread has officially pissed lots of people off. Good job cow.

Like I said, if you can't post without getting angry or using profanity, then don't post.

Once I get home I'll make responses to the problem at hand, to hard typing this stuff up on a phone.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2013, 04:34:06 PM »
We take one day out of 365 to remember a tragic loss in human life. (all) countries have a day to remember a tragic event. This was the greatest loss in American lives in one day (civilians). There has never been an event in our history as bloody as 9/11. Civilians had never been slaughtered like that. say your prayers, pay your dues, and carry on. Arguing over the validity of mourning the dead is pointless. Sure shit gets worse around the world. Sure our government is kinda shit. But let us have one god damn day.

Also, Obama said he does not want to go into Syria. Most we might do is send some surplus AKs to resistance and blow up a building. Huzzah!

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2013, 05:58:16 PM »
We take one day out of 365 to remember a tragic loss in human life. (all) countries have a day to remember a tragic event. This was the greatest loss in American lives in one day (civilians). There has never been an event in our history as bloody as 9/11. Civilians had never been slaughtered like that. say your prayers, pay your dues, and carry on. Arguing over the validity of mourning the dead is pointless. Sure shit gets worse around the world. Sure our government is kinda shit. But let us have one god damn day.

Also, Obama said he does not want to go into Syria. Most we might do is send some surplus AKs to resistance and blow up a building. Huzzah!

fffsss http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8wLmrWdlHg

So then why don't we take a day out of the year to remember the 20k+ people that die every single day due to hunger? I don't understand. Is it because of America's ego? That it can't admit that it still has starving kids in it's own country, yet it is somehow classified as a first-world nation? There poison in the water supply, and yet we are still classified as a first-world nation?

Personally, I believe that if you're going to ban the use of chemical weapons, what would be the point if you're not set to enforce those laws with whatever force is needed, and it seems it fell to the US since no other country or the United Nations wants to kick the beehive. Even with all the fuss being raised, I think no real warfare will come of this, just a show of force to validate the threats.

Couple old warehouses get blown up, pictures taken, video footage shown.

Hooray, we did something!

So America has to be the white knight and put our own troops in the middle of the fire. What we should REALLY be looking at is North Korea. If anyone has paied attention to the news they are "passively" making threats towards the US and are trying to construct nuclear bombs. Hell, North and South Korea are still at war and we are allies with South Korea. Anyone who has watched any documentary or researched north korea would know how much they hate us, and how much they brainwash their population to believe it.

I agree with you on many of the points you made. People complain about how they can't get jobs, but really it's just lazy people. I see signs in gas stations windows saying things like "Hiring" and whatnot. People are just lazy and that's why the unemployment is so high up, and that's why so many people are on welfare. You can try to argue all you want that you can't get a job, but the reality is that businesses are hiring. Sure, you won't get a million dollar job (which everyone seems to expect in life), but a job is a job. On the west coast the mexican population is really high, many of whom don't have a high school education because they snuck across the border. Most of them don't even speak spanish, and I would know since my moms bf owns a company who's most of the workers don't speak a word of english but are mexican. They can't even speak the native language of the US yet they still got a job and they do it. Million dollar job? No, but they work and they get honest money.

Welfare is nothing but stealing from the taxpayers, and that's all it will be.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal