Author Topic: garrys mod being dumb  (Read 6083 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
garrys mod being dumb
« on: September 07, 2013, 03:06:14 AM »
So basically whenever I boot up garrys mod it goes to the blue loading screen then my computer freezes up and yea. No idea why it's doing it, can anyone help? :/
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Tyrion The Anal Explorer

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: garrys mod being dumb
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 12:45:11 PM »
90% sure your garry's mod is probably just corrupted or something. Take your addons and maps folder and stuff them on your desktop then delete all gmod stuff.

^^Credit to Dixon xD

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 01:40:49 PM »
Not needed to delete everything. Simply change the name of your folder from:
common/garrysmod/garrysmod
to:
common/garrysmod/garrysmod2
Then launch Gmod and let it download a new clean folder without any addons etc. Check if it works then. If so, it means any of your addons, models or something is corrupted.
To find out what it is, simply move your folders over to the clean folder 1 by 1 and find out when it stops working again. (Aka just trail&error)
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 09:25:02 PM »
90% sure your garry's mod is probably just corrupted or something. Take your addons and maps folder and stuff them on your desktop then delete all gmod stuff.
to:
Then launch Gmod and let it download a new clean folder without any addons etc. Check if it works then. If so, it means any of your addons, models or something is corrupted.
To find out what it is, simply move your folders over to the clean folder 1 by 1 and find out when it stops working again. (Aka just trail&error)

I literally deleted all my gmod folders and uninstalled twice, and verified twice, but it still did the same thing. I'll try what you guys said though, I hope it will work :/

Post Auto-Merged: September 07, 2013, 09:37:03 PM
When I did what you said nick it says "Setup file 'gameinfo.txt.' doesn't exist in subdirectory 'garrysmod'. Then some other dumb stuff. I tried making the garrysmod folder then putting the file in there and then it gave me an error. I did what you said all last night lemons but it just don't work. Deleting all gmod files, uninstalling, reinstalling, starting gmod, and it does the same thing.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 09:37:03 PM by Cow ??¦? ???°??? ???? ???°???¤ »

Offline Sithis

• The Troll King
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 10:55:04 PM »
Try to verify the integrity of your game cache.
Spoiler for Hiden:
To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 11:44:04 PM »
Try to verify the integrity of your game cache.
Spoiler for Hiden:

Already did that 2 times, it doesn't fix it.

Offline Sithis

• The Troll King
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 10:06:20 AM »
Have you tried reinstalling your gmod? Since nothing else works, this might be the only fix.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 11:01:33 AM »
to:

I literally deleted all my gmod folders and uninstalled twice, and verified twice, but it still did the same thing. I'll try what you guys said though, I hope it will work :/

Post Auto-Merged: September 07, 2013, 09:37:03 PM
When I did what you said nick it says "Setup file 'gameinfo.txt.' doesn't exist in subdirectory 'garrysmod'. Then some other dumb stuff. I tried making the garrysmod folder then putting the file in there and then it gave me an error. I did what you said all last night lemons but it just don't work. Deleting all gmod files, uninstalling, reinstalling, starting gmod, and it does the same thing.

Yes he has reinstalled it -_-

^^Credit to Dixon xD

Offline Sithis

• The Troll King
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 12:16:57 PM »
I don't read things apparently.

It seems like a computer issue, you might have deleted a .dll file by accident. I remember I deleted an important .dll and it fucked up all my games.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 02:09:54 PM »

It seems like a computer issue, you might have deleted a .dll file by accident. I remember I deleted an important .dll and it fucked up all my games.

I forgot about that. Good Idea. I did that to myself once. Took me like 3 hours to figure out.

^^Credit to Dixon xD

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2013, 03:37:46 PM »

I forgot about that. Good Idea. I did that to myself once. Took me like 3 hours to figure out.

How should I go about fixing it? Is there some thing I can download off the Microsoft website?

Ps thank you for helping me :)

Offline Sithis

• The Troll King
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2013, 04:21:33 PM »
Before you do anything, can you try playing another game and see if it works? If it doesn't work, can you please tell me the exact error you got if you got an error.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2013, 06:18:25 PM »
Before you do anything, can you try playing another game and see if it works? If it doesn't work, can you please tell me the exact error you got if you got an error.

It just freezes my entire computer at the startup blue screen and so I have to turn it off via the button on the back.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2013, 09:02:33 PM »
Try veryifing the game cache or reinstalling

Offline Sithis

• The Troll King
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2013, 10:54:42 PM »

It just freezes my entire computer at the startup blue screen and so I have to turn it off via the button on the back.

It did that for another game? Like, lets say you have tf2, when you play tf2 or any other game, it does what you described above, or does it only do that for gmod?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal