Author Topic: [OOC] If you're missing HL2RP...  (Read 2271 times)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[OOC] If you're missing HL2RP...
« on: October 28, 2012, 06:11:23 PM »
I'd like to put forward a small suggestion if you're missing HL2RP and really want to do some roleplay on your characters.

Steam roleplay.

For all I know some of you might be doing this already, but if you're not, steam is always there for you guys to roleplay, and as long as you're not doing like promotions/shooting/pking/killing type stuff (aka, passive roleplay only) then the roleplay that happens in steam can easily carry over to the server, assuming it's not massively going to change things or whatever, you know what I mean...

So yeah, if you're missing your buddies in GRID, or missing your usual roommates in the UCH or usual killing-mates (haha joke) in P3, why not get together in a steam group chat and roleplay there? Might not be as visual but this does tend to help your roleplaying skills, relying on purely typing rather than typing + visual/3d stuff.

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [OOC] If you're missing HL2RP...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 06:13:52 PM »
... Why not use the IC section to put up roleplay situations?

It would work. And people could go in and continue Rping without having to worry about doing shit that others won't be aware of.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 06:14:50 PM »
That works too, I suppose, but Steam RP has always appealed to me more than roleplay over forums, if you organize a group and a time or whatever there's usually not any issues, but yes forums would work too

Offline ReconPWN??????

• Reconfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 06:19:07 PM »
I killed 101 in steam chat, he needs his character removed.

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 08:59:58 PM »
I've created a small thread for Outlands RP to continue while the server is offline. It'll keep the whole thing running while the server is repaired. go check it out if you're curious

Offline hogs

• [LOOC] Shane West: cash first.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 04:48:17 AM »
Group Steam roleplays are always fun as hell (3-6 people). It'd be pretty cool to organise a few group Steam roleplays for people.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal