Author Topic: HL2 Story Suggestion Thread  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
HL2 Story Suggestion Thread
« on: June 30, 2012, 09:36:12 PM »
The title gives a brief explanation into what I'm planning on doing here. So, let me give you an overall explanation of what it really is and what this thread is mainly about. So, here we go.

I will be working on a story based off the Half-Life 2 Universe. Currently, I have selected a few base details about it, and how I plan on laying it out. The story will have two parts; a storyline from the view of a female anti-citizen, and a storyline from the view of a Civil Protection officer. The events of this story take place at the exact same time as the uprising in City 17. However, this story occurs in City 30. It will involve various twists and turns, involving many different characters. The storylines are directly related to eachother as well. Now for what this thread is truly about.

Anti-Citizen Story Info:
Main Character: Alexis Gold
Important Side Characters: Mitchel Raids (Friend), Jenny Gold (Sister), Corbin Rodgers (Resistance Contact/Friend)

Civil Protection Story Info:
Main Character: Unit 401 (Nova-02)
Important Side Characters: Unit 220 (Nova-OfC), Unit 440 (Apex-01), Unit 832 (Uniform-Recruit)

Suggestions! That is what I'm looking for out of this thread. As I said, I have not fully decided on every single detail that is in the story so far. This is where you all come in. Have a character you want in either storyline? Have a suggestion for a certain event that happens? Any suggestions that you would like to see implemented in the story, feel free to post them here! I will be periodicly checking this thread throughout the writing process, and will use ideas from here.

I would like to note that's there is a specific way I'd like this to work out. For suggestions regarding events or characters, use the format below and send the suggestion to me via PM's. I will give you my feedback on the suggestions, and will reply to you accordingly. While I may not use the ideas exactly how they come to me, they may still be implemented in the story. As for posting in this thread, feel free to post general suggestions, such as background details or suggestions on the way the story itself is being written. The stories will be posted chapter by chapter. Now for the formats.

When using the formats, the required fields need to be filled out. Give as much detail and information as you can on your character. For the significance section, use the numbers 1-10, with one being them mentioned a few times by name, and ten having them be a major side-character who would involved with a majority of the storyline. When describing how they are significant to the storyline, give me as much information as you can. Describe where they stand in the growing conflict through the city, tell me their relation to the main characters if they'd have any at all. If they are a close friend of either of the main characters and you feel they'd be involved highly through the story, make them a higher number. If the character would just be a short citizen who is only in the story for a few paragraphs, they'd be a lower number.

Character Suggestion Format:
Code: [Select]
*Required*
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Affiliation:[/b]
[b]Significance:[/b]
[b]How are they this significant?:[/b]
[b]Backstory on character:[/b]

*Suggested*
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Physical Description:[/b]
[b]Dead or Alive at ending?:[/b]
[b]How much of an affect do they have on the uprising?:[/b]

[b]Additional Information:[/b]

For the event suggestions, give as much detail as you can. Obviously, don't write out the whole scene for me. That steals all my fun! Do however, put in careful detail as to who it would or wouldn't involve. If you were suggesting an event for the Civil Protection storyline, would it involve the main character and a citizen getting detained? Would it be a CCA meeting involving the whole division, or just a squad? If it would involve certain characters, make it known.

Event Suggestion Format:
Code: [Select]
*Required*
[b]Who it involves:[/b]
[b]Where it happens:[/b]
[b]Occur before or during uprising?:[/b]
[b]Details of event:[/b]

[b]Additional Information:[/b

I'd like add this note. This story does not fully follow Catalyst Gaming's canon, nor does it have any affect on CG's Canon either. Some characters and events in this story may be based off of things from the Half-Life 2 Roleplay servers. If you have any issues or suggestions you wish to keep private, feel free to send me a PM or contact me over Steam. I'll do my best to respond to everything as quickly as I can. For the time being, it may be hard to create suggestions directly related to the storylines. I'll get the first chapters for both stories out hopefully by Monday, Tuesday at the latest. Also, please keep flamming, figting, stupid suggestions, penises, etc out of this thread. It is for suggestions. If you have questions, again, PM me.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal