Author Topic: Brink Discussion  (Read 4213 times)

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Brink Discussion
« on: May 11, 2011, 10:01:18 PM »
What do you think about it?

I think the style of parkouring/shooting is pretty awesome.

Lots of customization and weapons. I love the abilities you can buy also.

Some bugs, and maybe not a lot of maps. I like it though, i continue to play it.

Offline Insanity

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Brink Discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 07:40:17 AM »
I love the game but the reviews for it have been all over the place.

I've been waiting for a decent team-based shooter for a while and this definately hits the spot, the gameplay is skillfull and you can't just spray to get a kill. The SMART| system is nowhere near as gimmicky as I thought it might be and fits in perfectly making movement across the maps feel fluid.

The classes work well although I reckon things will improve once everyone has access to the full array of abilites and begins to learn the classes.

Overall I'd say Brink is an awesome multiplayer game with a rather odd yet quite enjoyable single player stapled on.

Offline OhDeaR

• Touch my goat balls teehee
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 07:49:30 AM »
I've heard a lot that single player sux ballz, is it true? :O

Offline Insanity

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 07:58:44 AM »
Well it's not your standard awesome set-piece blockbuster CoD singleplayer (which I love tbh). It's pretty much multiplayer matches (they're the same maps) with bots and some cutscenes in-between, although you can make it so the single player "missions" are played with and against real people which is fun although that pretty much just makes it a multplayer match. I wouldn't say it completely sucks balls but it's nothing great, not worth buying for single player alone.

Multiplayer is where the game is at.

Offline OhDeaR

• Touch my goat balls teehee
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 02:17:10 AM »
Well it's not your standard awesome set-piece blockbuster CoD singleplayer (which I love tbh). It's pretty much multiplayer matches (they're the same maps) with bots and some cutscenes in-between, although you can make it so the single player "missions" are played with and against real people which is fun although that pretty much just makes it a multplayer match. I wouldn't say it completely sucks balls but it's nothing great, not worth buying for single player alone.

Multiplayer is where the game is at.

Alright, thanks for the info. I'm downloading a pirated verision right now. Gonna play through singleplayer and then buy the real game

Offline Insanity

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 08:59:41 PM »
Yeah, that's what I did.

I'm enjoying it a lot at the moment. How long it holds my attention will be the real test.

Offline BlackOut

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 03:21:11 PM »
I saw the Brink in Steam i was like whoot..
Should i buy it :P

I think i might do that

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal