Author Topic: record while banning.  (Read 2665 times)

Offline L3GO-Barry

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
record while banning.
« on: August 22, 2012, 11:53:08 PM »
lately i have been reading BRs and ACs i was thinking when an admin is banning someone the record it until they have banned that person.

busy at school at the moment i will explain it more in 2 hours.
Hi im ben trollen im from Microsoft IM BANNING -_- If abortion is murder, blowjobs are cannibalism

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: record while banning.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 03:44:52 AM »
If admins have had to record every single person they ban, they would need either ultra-big hard drive, or they would need to spent two hours every day deleting old records. Administrators are trusted, once they see someone committing an offense against server rules, they do not need to record evidence. I don't think this is needed.

Offline {GE}Bluefighter

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 09:49:40 AM »
Hmmm It would depend on what the would record and when they would stalker. :P

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 04:17:17 PM »
Admins do not need to provide proof for their decisions. They are selected as trusted members of the community to serve as staff to keep the rest in line, they have no reason to lie, and if a member provides proof of an admin lying they're welcome to post a complaint.

With that said, a lot of storage space is not needed to record demos, and they would serve better than video.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal