Author Topic: Battlefield 3 Mapping Progress!  (Read 4986 times)

Offline crazily farting teacher

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Battlefield 3 Mapping Progress!
« on: September 15, 2012, 03:26:30 AM »
I have started coming up for ideas to send in a camper free conquest map, or at least lower the camping level to a rarity on my map. I started on the key colors right now. I have a downloadable PDF file for you to view below. Anyways I have worked out a bit of the colors. suggest anything I should add to the map! (WARNING: The keys are not finished!) I will be adding a fuck ton more so I might not even finish the key till somewhere next week. After that I will make the grid and stuff. But anyways here is the progress, I will be actively adding things into the log. If you suggest something I should add do so now or forever hold your peace. It may or may not be added since I want to keep this map a camper free map.

PDF Keys Part 1:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Post Auto-Merged: September 15, 2012, 04:22:05 AM
I think the gears in my head finally stopped for the night. Going to play and overview some of the new maps that came out in the DLC. I also need to work on The Hitmen Series 2 Part 2 and finish that up tomorrow. Be prepared to see A LOT more production within the map making and such. I have finished up the entree of part 2 and 3. I will have a comprehensive coverage of part 2 and 3 tomorrow. Here is a nit of part 2 and 3:
Spoiler for Hiden:
I feel like I did it a bit sloppy, I will reassure I am not as sloppy as I was tonight.   
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 02:23:31 PM by Just a Panda buy me csgo pls »

Offline Alex

• AKA RoflWaffle
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Battlefield 3 Mapping Progress! [NEEDS TO BE MOVED TO MAPPING BY ADMIN]
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 12:52:59 PM »
Moved and fixed title.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Battlefield 3 Mapping Progress!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 05:47:20 PM »
Short wrap up of part 2 and 3:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 05:34:20 PM »
Never seen any custom maps for BF3.
Got any pictures of the map so far? Other then pictures of text which sounds kinda useless as you can simply write it... :c
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 06:52:57 PM »
Never seen any custom maps for BF3.
Got any pictures of the map so far? Other then pictures of text which sounds kinda useless as you can simply write it... :c

Nah I haven't advanced onto the actual mapping process yet. I will soon though once I have all data and PDF files completed and uploaded I will. I am also working on the Hitmen series so I have A LOT to do atm. But be prepared for pictures soon. I think they will be here by next week if I rush.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 07:18:58 PM »
Dont rush. If BF mapping is anything like hammer mapping, rushing will result in poor designs. Mapping is an art and art takes time to do right.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 08:53:53 PM »
Dont rush. If BF mapping is anything like hammer mapping, rushing will result in poor designs. Mapping is an art and art takes time to do right.

You can't make custom BF3 maps anyway, so I don't understand this thread unless it's just for ideas. There are no tools to create maps for BF3.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 05:36:46 PM »

You can't make custom BF3 maps anyway, so I don't understand this thread unless it's just for ideas. There are no tools to create maps for BF3.
Nononono, have you ever heard the quote "Nothing is impossible"? Well yea I am sticking to that. I can get some fatass nerds to help me in the finale part, the hammer mapping.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 05:41:33 PM »
are you trying to make a bf3 map in hammer? im confused...

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 08:10:42 PM »
Just the base of it pretty much, what I expect it to look like. If I could I can try to find some smart people with great knowledge of the frostbite engine or cry engine or whatever.

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 10:49:30 AM »
Why don't you just make the map instead of making two plans?

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 11:48:18 AM »
Just the base of it pretty much, what I expect it to look like. If I could I can try to find some smart people with great knowledge of the frostbite engine or cry engine or whatever.

Let me repeat myself:

YOU CANNOT MAKE CUSTOM MAPS FOR BATTLEFIELD 3!

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 11:49:29 AM »
im pretty sure its not possible seeing as EA shat all over any opportunity to mod and customize BF3 and at one point said they'd ban people from origin if they succeeded - also it's frostbyte, if you dont even know the engine you're planning for yours plan won't work as plans

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal