Author Topic: RP_Rockford Dev Page  (Read 4444 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RP_Rockford Dev Page
« on: August 24, 2012, 09:07:57 PM »
Rockford
Somewhere on the Wet coast of North America

This thread is where I will keep all of my development pictures and notes. I'll post updates and pictures as time goes on. Feel free to comment on anything you see here but don't get your expectations high that it will change. Some things are there or not there for a reason.

This thread is NOT for suggestions. Rather, please visit THIS THREAD to post a suggestion.

To do list:

• Gather all required content :D
  • Move buildings I want to keep :D
  • Set up basic city roadways and base land X
  • Organize buildings already built :D
  • Edit buildings for optimization and texture flow X
  • Edit government center for optimization and usability (court, offices, ????) X
  • Nice ApartmentsX
  • Gas Station X
  • Taco Bell X
  • Hardware Store X
  • Library X
  • Police Department X
  • Tow Scrapyard X
  • Garage X
  • Bus Station X
  • Trucking Yard X
  • Factory X
  • Warehouse 1 X
  • Warehouse 2 X
  • Suburban Housing X
  • Suburban Park X
  • Semi-finish the city with exterior walls, occluding walls, and background buildings X
  • Add traffic lights X
  • Add road and street signs X
  • Set up the land around the cities X
  • Add trees X
  • Add roadways around the city X
  • Add signs X
  • Set up the beach X
  • Construct outer Gas Bar X
  • Build country homes X
  • Add final lighting to everything X
  • Optimize X
  • Go nuts with decals and detail props X
  • Closed Beta X
  • Open Beta X
  • Massive Release X

Development Images:

Spoiler for 24/08/12:

Spoiler for 08/09/12:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

Spoiler for 10/09/12:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

Development Videos:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veCX22ZnF4Q" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veCX22ZnF4Q</a>

Public Downloads:
Content is required but stuff I use comes in huge packs totaling ~4gb

Old Rockford BSP
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 11:33:21 PM by Statua [CMD] »

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RP_Rockford Dev Page
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 09:48:25 AM »
Craphead has asked me to move to mapping

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 07:34:57 PM »
Laid out the city.

Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 09:33:38 PM »
Those road textures are really bugging me a lot lol, they look horribly low resolution and some are a bit unaligned (which you will no doubt fix up towards the end) but hope it turns out good.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 10:45:52 PM »
Actually i was gonna keep them but now that I think about it, they do suck. I'll probably find some more later. Thanks for the suggestion.

Offline tdabamf1

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 10:11:52 PM »
I like it, it reminds me of a small town.. this is going to be used for ocrp or something?

Offline 895sniper

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 10:36:10 PM »
Looks great. I think it would be great to possibly get it in OCRP2 and give is more of a unique quality over other roleplay servers.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 11:32:50 PM »
All depends on if it becomes mainstream or not upon release. Waffle doesn't want it on the server if it doesn't attract players. Also. It's not really a small town.

Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

Here's some more very early development images. The low res buildings are background buildings and exterior details will be added. The dev texture buildings are actual buildings you can enter and are nothing more then a placeholder till I build the real deal.

I changed the road textures to some high resolution ones I'm making in photoshop. I did that after taking these images though. I'm still tweaking them to look nice though so hold tight.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 11:35:09 PM by Statua [CMD] »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal