Author Topic: Refuge  (Read 5906 times)

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Refuge
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2012, 04:13:54 AM »
This map isn't intended to replace Statua's current map on the Outlands server. RoflWaffle has already given me the go-ahead to work on this map for future use on a possible second server.

Love it. Gonna add a heap of atmosphere for most people, I think. The way the entire map is formed really screams survival.

Survival is a major point for the map. Resistance groups will be forced to gather supplies from hostile environments while the Combine forces

The concept is to place an emphasis on all aspects of HL2RP (resistance, citizen/refugee, CCA) whilst attempting to keep a balance between their interactions with each other. Who knows? Maybe a detachment of units will be the ones trying to survive?

I love how the trenches are done, is this like the main resistance base?

Yes, that is the main area which is controlled by resistance personnel.

What I don't understand is the harbor, Airwatch base. It seems too close to the trenches and there isn't really a way to get past the airwatch base although this may just be because it's not the full map.

I had the harbor joined to the trenches on the first week of development when I was still trying to figure things out. It may very well up being sealed off and either deleted or moved.

A nice suggestion would be implement a neighboring OTA trench/base of operations and they'd have skirmishes between the two trenches, as of now it's quite confusing for the map layout. I really love the feel of the trenches and I think if you made it so they were confined to the underground hideouts and stationed outposts along with the trenches for transportation I think it would feel really nice.

Everything that the Combine forces need can be found in the prison complex or on the dreadnought. The trenches are quite costly to construct due to the sheer number of entities and arrangement of displacements and I think that the resources could be better spent building the three points of interest in the map.

Anyway, I look forward to a demo of the full map.

Hopefully I'll pick this up after the next city map update and aim for a release in the mid-year of 2013.

Offline Art.

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Refuge
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2012, 10:07:05 PM »
Very nice! I like it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal