Poll

Which system would you want to see on OCRP?

The new weight system
47 (57.3%)
The limit system
35 (42.7%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2011, 03:28:56 PM

Author Topic: [OCRP - Poll] New weight system or a limit system?  (Read 11179 times)

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [OCRP - Poll] New weight system or a limit system?
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2011, 06:39:07 AM »
Boxes are useful for mystery games and such.

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2011, 06:58:30 AM »
Cant we have atleast cardboard boxes stay though? As deg said they ARE used for passive RP rather than selling something actual IC..

I vote weight system anyways, dont want my ammo or weapons to be limited :c
Keep the small/large boxes, they look nice on a shelf, and dont hold a whole lot of weight. keep the dropping 1 as is... Its a tad  foolish to sell a dozen items looking as 1, plus noobies would abuse it with childish trickery imo...
Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2011, 07:13:50 AM »
Its not because i want them to be removed, its because the check for weight (or check for limits) is not like the others on the boxes. Boxes works different when picking them up. There are 2 functions.

1. To remove the box.
2. To pick up all the stuff in the box.

Il try to get them working, but until then, they are disabled. Il probably get them working for the update release (as there is still a lot of time), im just putting it out that they maight not be there due to it not working with either the limit system or the weight system.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: [OCRP - Poll] New weight system or a limit system?
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2011, 07:24:17 AM »
Its not because i want them to be removed, its because the check for weight (or check for limits) is not like the others on the boxes. Boxes works different when picking them up. There are 2 functions.

1. To remove the box.
2. To pick up all the stuff in the box.

Il try to get them working, but until then, they are disabled. Il probably get them working for the update release (as there is still a lot of time), im just putting it out that they maight not be there due to it not working with either the limit system or the weight system.
Simple solution: make it so the box has to be empty to pick it up. And on selling it just transfers ownership instead of picking up so that it still would be able to work like that

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2011, 07:42:05 AM »
@RTLK.

Hah :D That thing with being empty to pick up was exactly what i thought about yesterday when looking at how the boxes are made.

I might as well be able to read the weight of the box from the item_base instead of reading it from the actual item. Il try a few things later or tomorrow.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Dordan

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2011, 05:47:46 PM »
How about nobody votes? Then we keep it the way it is.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2011, 05:54:11 PM »
How about nobody votes? Then we keep it the way it is.

No lol? Then we'll just make a decision. Stop trying to get around it just because you want your unlimited amount of weapons and items. The weight system is already added on ocrpdev but RTLK wanted limit system insted do made a vote to see what you guys wants.

Just be happy we are giving you guys a say on updates for OCRP insted of just implanting a system were you maybe wanted another one.

I'm personally with the weight system but we'll see what wins.

Offline Aneeso

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2011, 07:53:36 AM »
What I don't understand, you've had the gamemode for a while now but all I see is you guys improving it by adding more cars etc.
The thing that's not generating in my brain is, why are you improving the gamemode when you should be fixing bugs that's been there since it was hosted by OrangeCosmos...
Nothing to see here.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2011, 07:58:53 AM »
What I don't understand, you've had the gamemode for a while now but all I see is you guys improving it by adding more cars etc.
The thing that's not generating in my brain is, why are you improving the gamemode when you should be fixing bugs that's been there since it was hosted by OrangeCosmos...

How is this not improving/fixing bugs? The "new" weight system is basically fixing the old weight system. With the new systems you cant get over the weight limit (which is obviously a bug), you can buy stuff that weights 0 even if you are full in weight (which is obviously also fixing something that was retarded/a glitch) and there is a lot of stuff that IS fixed in the update such as the mayor cash exploit thing.

Oh and please, if you know any glitches or bugs, just post a massive bug report and we'll get to it.

Offline Aneeso

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2011, 07:26:24 PM »

How is this not improving/fixing bugs? The "new" weight system is basically fixing the old weight system. With the new systems you cant get over the weight limit (which is obviously a bug), you can buy stuff that weights 0 even if you are full in weight (which is obviously also fixing something that was retarded/a glitch) and there is a lot of stuff that IS fixed in the update such as the mayor cash exploit thing.

Oh and please, if you know any glitches or bugs, just post a massive bug report and we'll get to it.

No. You don't understand me...

WHY are you improving on OCRP when there's bugs to be fixed. In MY eyes, you've fixed no bugs since OCRP was taken off OrangeCosmos. I don't care about this new system, that's an improvement towards the gamemode.
Nothing to see here.

Offline TOMASAS

• da best xd
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2011, 08:07:48 PM »

No. You don't understand me...

WHY are you improving on OCRP when there's bugs to be fixed. In MY eyes, you've fixed no bugs since OCRP was taken off OrangeCosmos. I don't care about this new system, that's an improvement towards the gamemode.

There were a lot of bug fixes done. There will be more fixes in the future.

Also as a side note, making new content is way more interesting then fixing bugs that others made.
Stop assuming things.

bitcoin: 1Fq4EFYLwvktC3uKM6d6qu8irSwepqigAX

Offline Aneeso

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2011, 03:53:38 AM »
Surely you are suppose to fix ALL bugs before improving. I mean, the sprint bug is still there. That's a big one. I'm just saying my views really. I just think its better if you fix the bugs then improving on anything.
Nothing to see here.

Offline Its Max Blad

• I'M SO CREATIVE THAT THIS IS THE BEST TITLE I COULD COME UP WITH Thx Carb!ne bff
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party [GMR2 Award] City Circuit Record
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2011, 05:31:14 AM »
Surely you are suppose to fix ALL bugs before improving. I mean, the sprint bug is still there. That's a big one. I'm just saying my views really. I just think its better if you fix the bugs then improving on anything.

Bugs are a part of computing life, you end up with flaws in pretty much any program, game, gamemode etc, the environment is dynamically changing with new updates of gmod changing glua scripting and Valve Source updates changing the source engine for both better and worst. If developers focued themselves purely on fixing bugs, then sure, the gamemode would be perfect, a few claps here and there, oh, wait, there's only 1 player on the server due to the lack of updates and how boring it becomes. Oh oh oh, another update and more bugs to fix, now there are 0 players, hooray! *Cough*

People need updates, they need new content, the server needs it to because it needs the players brought in by the changes. Hardly anyone cares about a few bugs here and there, they recognise that it's going to happen and just play as it always has been

I'm not for one minute stating that all OCRP updates have been pure content releases, the developers have done some fine work fixing a large amount of bugs, be them old or new, the amount that goes on behind the scenes to improve gaming life for the average player goes un-noticed and largely un-gratified towards the developers, they're just moaned at some more about other bugs, people tend to ignore the good and pick out the bad

Tl;Dr: Over time things become outdated and break, these breaks are fixed in general but nothing new happens and people loose interest

"I'm just saying my views really."
Code: [Select]
[center][b]~ Locked (HH:MM GMT - DD/MM/2012) - Its Max Blad ~[/b][/center]
[center][b]~ Moved, [i]Board[/i] to [i]Board[/i] (HH:MM GMT - DD/MM/2012) - Its Max Blad ~[/b][/center]
[center][b]~ Locked & Moved (HH:MM GMT - DD/MM/2012) - Its Max Blad ~[/b][/center]
Code: [Select]
[left][color=red][b]Player Warning: #%
(HH:MM GMT - DD/MM/2012)

<Reason>

~ Its Max Blad[/b][/color][/left]

Offline deXterous | KaB00M!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2011, 08:47:13 AM »
Good to see the weight system winning; let's hope it gets added instead of the limit system. The weight system sounds far better :)

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2011, 09:10:12 AM »
I have a quick question: I voted for the limit system because pretty much EVERYONE's inventory is above the limit.

However, if the new weight system applies, everyone needs to lower their inventory to the limit before they can do anything. Does this mean you also cannot buy items with the weight of 0 if your inventory is still above the limit?
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal