Poll

Which system would you want to see on OCRP?

The new weight system
47 (57.3%)
The limit system
35 (42.7%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2011, 03:28:56 PM

Author Topic: [OCRP - Poll] New weight system or a limit system?  (Read 11180 times)

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[OCRP - Poll] New weight system or a limit system?
« on: October 18, 2011, 03:28:16 PM »
So in the next update we are debating to whatever have an improved weight system or use limits for items.

Im putting up this poll to see what people want.

Both of the system includes:
  • You can buy any item that weights 0 no matter if your inventory is full or not (ex; ammo, metal, plastic, seeds.)
  • Crates will be removed as they are no longer needed.
  • Government officers can finally withdraw ammo from the locker even with a full inventory.

The "new" weight system includes:
  • Your default inventory space is changed to 100 (can then be boosted to 125 with backpack training)
  • You cannot buy items if you don't have enough space (player shops and npc shops)
  • If you try to pick up an item and you don't have enough space to pick it up again then it wont let you (making sure people does not get over 100 pounds).
  • If you try to steal an item and you don't have enough space, it wont let you pick it up.
  • Any passive rp prop weights 0
  • Allows you to fully customize what you want in your inventory. Only thing you have to think about is hitting the max weight.

The new limit system includes:
  • No more inventory space, we will have limits now.
  • You cannot buy items if you have reached the limit (player shops and npc shops).
  • If you try to pick up an item but you have reached the limit already, it wont let you.
  • If you try to steal an item and you have reached the limit, it wont let you pick it up.
  • There will be no limit on passive rp items.

I know a lot of you guys have a lot your inventory filled with shit (a lot more than 100kg), this means that if you drop it and try to sell it, you must get rid of it because you cannot pick it up again if you don't have space.
Same thing counts for the limits. Weapon limits will probably be a few rifles and around 4 hand guns. A lot of you have more than that, so if you drop it, you need to get rid of it because you cannot pick it up again if you are reaching the limit or has more than the limit allows.

So both systems will require you to sell a lot of your stuff before the update goes live which is the 2nd November!

I hope you think about it carefully before you vote. Think for props and cons with both of these systems.

Any questions? Post them here or ask me on Steam before voting!

Voting ends on saturday so people that only comes online in the weekends has a chance to vote.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 05:19:53 AM by *anonim* »
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [OCRP - Poll] New weight system or a limit system?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 03:30:02 PM »
Where's the "Leave it the way it is" option?

I'm sure I speak for A LOT of people when I say that it is fine the way it is.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 03:35:03 PM »
Where's the "Leave it the way it is" option?

I'm sure I speak for A LOT of people when I say that it is fine the way it is.

Of course you like it the way it is, you all want millions of each item and millions of guns. Both of these system will help the crafters (passive rp) and benefit the economy system so that more people will need items and cannot just pull another gun out of their ass when they die.

There is no "leave it the way it is" option this time. You will have to choose the one you like most (or don't vote at all). Thats up to you to decide.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 03:37:35 PM »
I say limits as, everythings weighs different, and limits makes it slightly more fair.
what

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 03:57:38 PM »
Will there be a limit on ammo?

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 03:59:30 PM »

Yes. Around 1000 rifle, 500 pistol and 200-300 shotgun.

There will be a limit on everything but passive rp items (mostly props and what you buy from the npcs)

Offline Super Supreme Admiral Justin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 04:11:29 PM »
So basically with the new limit system if your a craftier, your screwed?
Graphic artist | Web Designer | Gamer

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 04:13:29 PM »
I like the weight system better.  Limits sound stupid.  either way people have no need to carry 500 guns.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 04:18:10 PM »
So basically with the new limit system if your a craftier, your screwed?

How? Describe "screwed". You can craft till you reach the limit.

Kinda the same with the weight system. You can craft till you reach your weight till you cant hold more. Depends if you have backpack training or not.

I also plan to add more updates to backpack training so your limit or weight will increase.

Offline CrazyNinja

• No dad please
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 04:38:57 PM »
So all the props will weigh nothing?  Just asking because ladders take up a lot of room at the moment.  I personally, like the weight system.  I was hoping we could have as much ammo as possible.  I have 2,100 smg bullets and 1,00 pistol bullets at the time being.  Most of my inventory is props, radios, smg ammo, pistol ammo, some pistols, some smgs, basically it.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 05:27:42 PM »

Yes. Around 1000 rifle, 500 pistol and 200-300 shotgun.

There will be a limit on everything but passive rp items (mostly props and what you buy from the npcs)

Then I guess I'll go with the limit system.

Offline Darthwill

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 06:05:45 PM »
Oh my I don't not like this, But I got to go with the weight system, because of some things not weighing anything which is good, as I'm sure my ammo takes up a lot of space.

Limits would Kill me right now though, Time to go sell like mad.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 06:12:42 PM by [NC] Darthwill »
Feel free to add me on steam.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 06:13:18 PM »
Oh my I dont not like this, But I to go with the weight, system because of some things not weighing anything which is good, as im sure my ammo takes up a lot of space.

Limits would Kill me right now though, Time to go sell like mad.

Ammo doesn't take up any space.

The 2 systems looks a lot like eachother. Weight just means you customize what you want to fill your inventory with, limits means you can have a max amount of each item such as 2 rifles and 4 pistols and some ammo.

Passive RP props weights nothing and there will not be any limits on those. Anything else weights something and there will a limit on that. Depends on what system wind the vote.

I understand some people maight not like that we are limiting what you can have but it will help the shopping system + the economy. It's kinda like nuking Ikea or some big shopping center that is cheap as hell. Insted of buying shit ton of one item at the same time, you need to manage your inventory and think before you buy something.

If you think about it, whatever option is chosen, it will help to increase the gameplay.

Offline Kaiser Wilhelm I ?DetroitRP

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 06:43:27 PM »
Crap-Head, I really want you to do something so simple. PLEASE! Just increase the amount of ammo a cop can hold from 16 to 64 (i know you get 64 ammo when you spawn, but when your done with it your done) ALSO: change the SWAT UMP to a mp5 for god sakes and allow the player to have 80 bullets of SMG ammo with it. Or thats to hard, just alllow the palyer to have more UMP AMMO. UNDERSTAND: Not the amount of ammo which they spawn with, but what they can hold after they used that ammunition. Also increase the limited shotgun ammo holding from 8 to 16. thank you.

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 07:05:51 PM »
Weight system sounds better at the moment, a bit more dynamic if you get what I am saying. Thanks for the update btw.

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal