Author Topic: [10/09/2011] HL2RP Update  (Read 6954 times)

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [10/09/2011] HL2RP Update
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 05:16:32 AM »
Unless the entire voice system is rewritten then it is impossible to restrict them. They are being removed simple enough.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2011, 06:14:52 AM »
Perhaps there should be a seconday citizen type character, and you must be whitelisted to be able to use it? If ops could activate this whitelist, all the better. At the very least, CWU members should be able to use this. However, I think that an application + Member citizen whitelist would make it so that mature members can use this, not trolls and minges.
Unless the entire voice system is rewritten then it is impossible to restrict them. They are being removed simple enough.

Offline Ghosteh

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2011, 11:08:26 AM »
But you're still going to add Vortigaunt and Vortigaunt Slave ones right?

Also what has changed on the vort slaves?

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2011, 11:57:27 AM »
But you're still going to add Vortigaunt and Vortigaunt Slave ones right?

Also what has changed on the vort slaves?
Yes, because they are a seperate faction.  And Vort Slaves used to have to have the name changed from whatever it was set to but it now operates like a CCA unit, autosetting the name.

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2011, 12:18:32 PM »

Code: [Select]
if ( (v.faction == "Combine" and playerIsCombine) or (v.faction == "Human" and !playerIsCombine and ( self:QueryCharacter( "faction" ) == FACTION_CWU ) ) ) then -- or whatever the faction name is
Okay.

And before you start whining about it not being a faction, here, have some more:

Code: [Select]
local classNames = { "CWU", "WHATEVER", "FLOATS", "YOUR", "BOAT!" }

if ( (v.faction == "Combine" and playerIsCombine) or (v.faction == "Human" and !playerIsCombine and ( table.HasValue( classNames, info.speaker:GetCharacterData( "customclass", "" ) ) or table.HasValue( classNames, info.speaker:GetCharacterData( "class", "" ) ) ) ) ) then

And before you say "lol doesnt work" get off your high horse and fuck off. I have tested this and it works perfectly. Now, before you pull more shit "lol have to rewrite entire system!!!!!!!" think twice. Nothing has to be completely rewritten, ever.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:49:12 PM by _alex :D »

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2011, 06:55:37 PM »
-text-

I realy think you misunderstand. You make it a whitelistable second race for humans (EG: Vort whitelist) that can be given via applications or through the CCA, and then remove it entirely from the normal human whitelist. I don't see how you would have to re-write the entire system for this, rather just add another race...

I don't see what all this fuzz is about. Why doing anything at all and not simply remove this mistake which never should've been added in the first place. (Which gladly is already done.)
Citizens don't need voice sounds. Completely unnecessary an abusive.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2011, 07:13:41 PM »
-text-

I realy think you misunderstand. You make it a whitelistable second race for humans (EG: Vort whitelist) that can be given via applications or through the CCA, and then remove it entirely from the normal human whitelist. I don't see how you would have to re-write the entire system for this, rather just add another race...

I don't see what all this fuzz is about. Why doing anything at all and not simply remove this mistake which never should've been added in the first place. (Which gladly is already done.)
Citizens don't need voice sounds. Completely unnecessary an abusive.
Your reasoning is very narrow.  I could say CP's shouldnt have voice commands cause they use it in annoying ways (Like one used it to call a units digits and spammed chat with it or when rofl spammed razor 500 times on c45_catalyst)  i dont see why you guys just expunge the people causing the issue rather than punish people actualy trying to roleplay with it. 

If you remove something every time some moron abuses it we wind up with nothing.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal