Author Topic: [OCRP 1.5] Semi-Serious Taken Down + Newspaper Writers Applications  (Read 1616 times)

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Semi-Serious Taken Down + Newspaper Writers Applications

So first with the bad news.
We (i've spoken with Rofl) have decided that we are not ready for a v33x and that it failed majorly. It didnt turn out like it was supposed to, and our playbase on OCRP is just not big enough to have 2 servers, and not ready to have a semi serious server.

If you're wondering why, heres a pretty good explanation of why.
What was meant to happen
The people that wanted to play in a good RP way, and RP with other people would join this. The new players and those types that just wanted to grow and fail drive would stay on v2d until they were ready to play on a more serious server running a better map and a few more "features" (d/n).
So it would be split between most of the old players that would join v33x to enjoy OCRP in a hole "new" way.
There would still be players on v2d which would then bring new players to that server (most new rpers join v2d because its "small" and can run on bad PCs). Those players would then be "trained" up to RP good enough to play on v33x and it would run around like this.

What happened
Everybody rushed over to v33x and nothing changed. People just grew at the luxurious houses in the suburban and nobody followed the traffic laws.
V2d got deserted most of the times (below 10 players), and we had a very little income of new players, and no new people to donate (no money, no box, no cg).

It didn't go the way we were hoping for, and therefor we will be taken v33x down and the v2d server will be the one to play on.

I understand that many might be very upset about this, and i will most likely be even more hated, but this was not only my decision but it IS the best way to handle it.
If we get to have a STABLE playerbase, new players, ability to have v2d full at almost all time in both timezones and shits just running perfectly, we will definitely launch v33x again.

I totally understand that the "regulars" on OCRP might be very upset about this because you are really enjoying the v33x server and all, but so am i, and a lot of us for sure, but we will have to think how this will evolve, and in the future you guys will get tired of OCRP after all, and then it will be completely dead.

In the next days an update will be applied to the OCRP server.

On another note, the next OCRP update will introduce a newspaper that people can read. We will have applications open and i will accept 3 people into being a writer for the newspaper.
You can check the applications out in the OCRP general section.

I can already imagine how this thread will turn out, so im not gonna bother having the discussion. Locking this right away.

I hope you understand why we are doing this.
Thank you.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [OCRP 1.5] Semi-Serious Taken Down + Newspaper Writers Applications
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 01:02:59 AM »
TOMASAS and I were speaking about this for a while. We were going to shut semi down but I guess you beat us to it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal