Author Topic: Driving types/selection  (Read 1957 times)

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Driving types/selection
« on: May 05, 2013, 09:42:46 PM »
I was looking at a suggestion which was to make the dodge's driving better. Now knowing that the styles of driving can be changed I want to propose this idea.

Now you are either a person who likes cars which can drift, have good tracking and make turns nicely without skidding or you like vehicles like trucks. However this idea doesn't include the truck style.

My idea is in the F4 there is the option to change the display, two options to make things look differently where you money, time and all that stuff is. There would be another option in there for driving. You can pick two presets where one will make your vehicles drift or just have good traction.

Now as I type this I am thinking about how the hell you could do this. So another idea is to instead of what I said above make it something you buy. When you get a vehicle by default, because most people cannot drift, it would have good traction and wouldn't drift as much. At the upgrade guy there would be an option to change your Wheels or something. One would be racing wheels (drifting) the other off-roading (traction) or something like that.

How would this benefit? First off there would be less people driving around in their new cars running into stuff and skidding out. It would offer more things you can do to your car. And it would let people drive the way they want to, we know cars aren't 'drifters' in real life unless you know how to use the hand break but in the game some just naturally are.

After what OzJackal said I agree that this is not a priority as there are other issues/things to be added right now.
PLEASE close this thread and deny it. Thank you  ;D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 11:40:10 PM by [S-ZPS] Sherman [EC] »

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Driving types/selection
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 09:45:43 PM »
Well, we don't really want people to be designated drifters and drift around every corner. We want people to follow driving laws, unless they're running from cops for a good reason. Yes, it would be cool to have this, but I'd rather not see it.

Offline Nacho Libre

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 10:08:42 PM »
Well, we don't really want people to be designated drifters and drift around every corner. We want people to follow driving laws, unless they're running from cops for a good reason. Yes, it would be cool to have this, but I'd rather not see it.
I support what wakeboarder is saying.
It would be cool to see but a lot of people will abuse his. And even when another car crashes another car no one rp's it out as a car crash they just keep driving..
- don't support

Offline ?«SG.Sup?? | Sir.Scottx125

• Gondorian Royal Tower Guard
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 10:23:36 PM »
Mmmm, i would only support this if all vehicles including police vehicles were given the chance to drift, which at a certain speed would happen on all vehicles.
- support

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 10:50:41 PM »

If anything it would reduce the number of drifters....my second idea I mean. The first one I can see that but people can have vehicles that drift and drive properly. Like when I am in my police Viper or whatever the ****  its called I do fine. On my second idea it would reduce the number, you would have to pay extra to get it on your vehicle.

Also what difference does it make to the people who drift anyway? People can still get sports cars which do drift so all this does is make people get to use their preferred driving style. Adding this won't make the people driving horribly be any worse and if anything better because some people can drive properly with it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 11:13:46 PM by [S-ZPS] Sherman [EC] »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 02:41:39 PM »
I see people try to drift buses. Please no...

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 04:36:24 PM »
I currently have no plans to write two scripts for every vehicle, sorry.

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 11:38:27 PM »
I currently have no plans to write two scripts for every vehicle, sorry.

That is a fair answer. If maybe in the future you do think, or this is brought up again I think I have a simple way to put it, basically give every vehicle the same style driving and then adding things that can be changed. But yea, it would take a lot of time and right now there are bigger concerns.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 12:03:16 PM »
As requested by the op, and the many -supports, this is denied.

Locked.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal