Author Topic: Show a little bit more love to the outlands, pretty please?  (Read 6579 times)

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'm sorry if this has been brought up over and over again (wich i figure it has) but i can't help but feel that while there is a base of players on outlands that do play regularly and enjoy the server, the admin team seems to just leave it hanging, only getting support for core stuff like the map (wich i still say is bloody awesome) or simply to come in and fix one issue with a person minging or being stuck.

I can understand you guys have other things to do on the city server or managing the other game mode servers, but you could at least try to expand your staff and try to get people who /do/ play outlands in there.

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Show a little bit more love to the outlands, pretty please?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 11:18:36 AM »
Would be nice to get some admins who are more towards Outlands than City. My two cents.
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 11:21:48 AM »
Due to the inactive administration team on outlands and perhaps small knowledge of it's state, the eligible players to hand out such rank are most likely not even aware of the good players in it.

Suggest some of your 'outlandish' friends to administrators and let the administrators which believe you, do the talking.
or simply post below

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 12:10:18 PM »
More than to sugguest my friends it's to sugguest the people who i honestly think would do a good job.

That said, probably Juggernaut/TheDoctor/Dr.JohnSmith (Wichever one of those 3 names he's using right now since he changes names faster than i'm used to) Is a good idea. I mean he does pretty damn good RP and of the people i do know he's been around the longest.

The Joke is probably a good option too, though admitedly i haven't seen him all too often in the server he's a good RPer for the most part and like Juggernaut he's been around for a long time.

And while this may sound egotistical, i have some experience in administrating servers and i'd like to think at least that i do good RP, Though that would probably be better confirmed by asking around for other people's opinions since i'm obviously biased here.

Feel free to do with this what you will, it's what i'd say at least since you bring it up like this.

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 01:20:13 PM »
I'd personally volunteer to do it.  Outlands can get very dull without administration creating events.  Most of the RP SHOULD come from the players, but sometimes everyone is just frozen with RP and they just stand around, bored.  Outlands hardly ever has minges, however, there have been multiple in the past.  Elions' suggestions are all considerable choices aswell, I think they would do a great job.

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 02:29:46 PM »
I'm usally on outlands quite a bit. The admin team is somewhat inactive due to finals and what not. Wait a few weeks, and things ought to stabilize.
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 03:22:41 PM »
I wouldn't say it's because of finals, i mean, i play on outlands most of the time and i barely see any admins. And no offense Globey, but you're there but at the same time you're not. You go in and do some events, but you don't really play a character in the server, so you're kind of detached.

We /need/ an admin that actually does play. And often, not every once in a while.

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 04:43:27 PM »
I don't really see the difference between being on the server with a character, and being on the server actively administrating - Except for maybe the latter being more beneficial to the server and the proposed goals?

Anyways, Outlands has a generally greater quality of RP. It doesn't need admins anywhere near as much as City.
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 05:14:25 PM »
 My guess is that most of the administrators don't go on Outlands because it doesn't have that certain theme they like unlike City. If you were to compare the two - being Outlands and City -, you would get some tremendous results, trust me on that. Anyways, back to where I was doing. Some people don't like Outlands, some do (like me.) Globey for a quick example connects to the server and fetches up some quick events for the individuals playing and heads off somewhere else because he probably doesn't like being on there too long due to many reasons. He has to get offline and do something else, he has some important things in real life, etcetera etcetera. You get what I am saying right?

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 06:07:24 PM »
My guess is that most of the administrators don't go on Outlands because it doesn't have that certain theme they like unlike City. If you were to compare the two - being Outlands and City -, you would get some tremendous results, trust me on that. Anyways, back to where I was doing. Some people don't like Outlands, some do (like me.) Globey for a quick example connects to the server and fetches up some quick events for the individuals playing and heads off somewhere else because he probably doesn't like being on there too long due to many reasons. He has to get offline and do something else, he has some important things in real life, etcetera etcetera. You get what I am saying right?
Yes, but having an admin on to do more events(Such as weather because ICly we're entering the winter months, at least I think we are...) will help with RP cause its hard to get people to RP that with out an admin on.

But the problem with the majority of the admin list is that they're high command so they're always on the city(All of the new admins are high command and only one or two of them have an outlands character and that's statua) so they can't come on and do an event because they have command duties. but if we get just one more admin that's only active on outlands, he could really help spice up RP with some minor events.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Jane Freeman

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 09:46:18 AM »
I never been to outlands and don't know what it looks like but it would be nice to have equal love to all there servers.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2012, 04:30:32 PM »
I'm half and half. If there's people on Outlands, I'll go administrate there. Otherwise I'll just administrate on the city, helping new players.

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2012, 08:36:51 PM »
Threads like this annoy me, I wonder just how lacking in common sense people are these days..

I go on Outlands quite often, I also see other admins there very regularly.

Just becuase admin do not announce thier presence and make it known that the server is now being admin'd, does not mean that we are not there.

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2012, 04:46:09 AM »
Also, last I checked, admins joining a server doesn't cause players to magically appear. Admins can't force people to play a game, nor will it ever happen.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Wacka

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2012, 06:28:27 PM »
I'd to get on outland, but everytime I try to connect, also, what KillMePlz said is true, but I would agree that it sometimes help as in, if there are more players on, there will be more player joining.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal