Author Topic: Francis Richter's Authorization Application  (Read 1450 times)

DukeW

Francis Richter's Authorization Application
« on: April 28, 2012, 04:27:46 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: DukeW201
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): Six Years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: Nine Months

Character Section

Authorization(s):
A.) Doctorate in Sociology of Social Sciences.
B.) Doctorate in Social Anthropology.
C.) Masters in Economic and Social History.

Name: Francis Richter
Affiliation: Combine

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
“I did just enough work to pass. In my opinion it would have been wrong to do more than was just sufficient.” -Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von Richthofen

“I’m not sure what to think, only what to know. As I look into this cup of charred, black coffee, exerting the greatest effort of my life at the time attempting to search for the bottom of this cup through its unfathomable darkness that shrouds it from within, I am as well exerting my greatest effort into forgetting what I know, and  looking for what to think. Rubbing my finger around the rim of my cup, I remember my experiences, which have left an indelible impression that I am ever and anon reminded of to the extent of not my experiences alone, but passed them, to the extent of he who contrived for me, my life to what it is now. My life is spent knowing, and learning to know, but never thinking about he who contrived this most grievant life of mine. Only do I return the gratitude in the most subliminal and that of the most discrete nature of man toward he who neglects me with every dollar he leaves me, with every pound of gold he credits to my name, he who provides for my fortune, my luxury, my academic expeditions into the colleges such as Cambridge, or Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München. No man has presented to myself in a most blatant of fashions that which this man has done through his pre-meditated neglection as he denies me the natural bounty of my inherent right by blood, the values any father should bestow upon a child, and instead  nurteres me through material worth. The  obscenities  inherent to this most arrogant scheme afflict me with such greviences that perplex me even now, as I stare into this cup of charred coffee, attempting to search passed its unfathomable darkness.“ –Excertp from Francis Richter’s  memoirs.
                               1989-2015, Twenty Years of learning to know.
In the year 1989, Francis C. Richter graduated from the International School in Munich, his mother, Abigail, died Four years prior due to Alzheimer’s disease, and his Father, Charles, was living in an estate in Cambridge, England, neither was present at the Ceremony. Common excuses fared well enough with Francis’ logic of the “He’s pre-occupied” or the “He’s too busy” which kept his mind away from his Fathers common absence in his life and  more focused on the opportunities of University academic years that began rising as his High School years dawned.                                                                                                                                                                            Francis was enrolled into Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, and the great presence of a new opprotunity and the experience accompanying the horizon that rose with Francis‘ attendance into the great academic institution in the fall found a more truer sense about 300 miles away in Berlin as the stone barriers of repression and isolation were overpowered by the evergrowing voice of Liberalism. Though for Young Francis Richter, the stone barrier had been reinforced not by heavy guns or lengthy barbed wire, but by his own discontent for any relationship of any kind as any social agendas were long overshadowed by the craving for his own desire of knowledge. With that which was overshadowed and that which overshadows, conceived and contrived by his emotionally neglecting father. The norms involved being educated extensively, retreating to the seclusion of his abode which is financed broad by his father, studying, and then returning to this source of education. A doctorate, said his father, was required of each field he shall study, this he said, shall be his merit of success. With the maxim having been thoroughly memorized, it only took, Five, after, Two, after Four years to recieve his doctorate in Sociology of Social Sciences.                                                                                                                                              After receiving his first doctorate in Sociology in Social Sciences, the new millineum arrived, the year 2000. This special occasion warrented Young Francis to write to his father about his current affairs and his marvelous progress as a student of this most esteemed university, his father did not write back. It was not until Francis arrived at Charles‘ estate Ten years later to discuss his fathers Last Will and Testement, that he would discover his father had framed his letter and placed it next to his own doctorates on the wall in his office behind his desk. Such an interesting thing, people, so insignifanct but so wondrous, so vast in our choices and reasoning, and the consequences that are imposed on society as a result of the dictating factors of our logic.                                        By staying in Munich, the knowledgable Francis declared to his father of his further interest in the studies of the human man.                                                                                                                                                                            Six years later, after achieving his Masters in Social Anthroplogy and the begining on his long route to his doctorate,  Francis took special account his new Doktorvater, his Private Lecturer, Dr. Franz Ehrlichmann. Francis held respectable admirations towards his new teacher, whom he visited quite often for long hours of the day outside of the University. Francis would have many of his meals with Ehrlichmann, discussing a variety of topics within hours. Every second spent in seclusion, holding back the energy of social interactions of Francis with other people, was released in every conversation he had with his new teacher. He often wrote Ehrlichmann on holidays in which Francis would receive financial grants from his father to vacation anywhere in Europe, including the place which was the most preferable to Francis, the Mediterranean. After a few years of spending the holidays writing letters to each other, they began to accompany each other on their vacations, discussing with each other whatever they could possibly fathom. In retrospect to these events, Francis would admire Ehrlichmann as someone who was there to aid and enjoy life with him. To talk with and to educate, someone who largely overshadowed his Father as he saw the two faces emerge in image in the dark charred coffee in his cup, one shortly followed by the other as the feeling of neglect and isolation blew across Francis’ shoulder. After Four years of friendship, the more logically-dictated reason of professionalism separated him from his mentor, but the letters kept coming and going, back and forth.                                                                                                                         Soon, but not long After receiving his doctorate in Social Anthropology, Francis received news that his father’s ongoing sickness had rendered the once young and ambitious Entrepreneur, who had missed six ceremonies held on account of his son’s six degrees, was now bed-ridden. Acting On the wishes of his father, Francis Richter began attending Cambridge University to be closer to his Father, even though Francis was requested to remain in a separate home by the University, which happened to lie far away from the estate in where his father lived himself. Within Four years of attending Cambridge, Francis Richter had received his Bachelors degree, in one year more, his Masters. Charles swore he would give Francis the proper merit he deserved and place his doctorate, once received, in his estate as to show his praise to his son. Charles Thomas died on January 23st 2015, Seven days before Francis Richter’s birthday, Charles died at Seventy-Two, with his son having a Masters in Economic and Social History. Charles Thomas left his son his estate and all of his wealth, with all lands and finances being conferred to his son after meeting a single criterion: Obtaining a prominent profession within the community.
 Standing on the porch of his new estate, in a wool suit coat to protect against the cool winds which are now as abundant as the ashes of the city around him, he lays his warm hands on the splintered rail of the wooden porch, walking slowly along the sides and gradually off along the withered garden area, the now crippled estate, far away, with a hot cup of charred coffee resting on the wooden kitchen table inside, waiting.

“He who learns but does not think, is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger. “–Confucius.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
A.)Knowledge of Sociology in Social Sciences.
B.) Knowledge of Social Anthropology.
C.) Knowledge of Economic and Social History.

Defects
None. (Knowledge Has No Defects!)

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
A.) Supply knowledgable and well-concentrated effort towards greater societal welfare and prosperity within the societies of the Combine's jurisdiction.
B.) Become a City Administrator of the respective city in which I dwell.

"I desire so to conduct the affairs of this administration that if at the end... I have lost every other friend on earth, I shall at least have one friend left, and that friend shall be down inside of me." -Abraham Lincoln.

// C.) Take over the world and soon the whole universe with a privately funded Paramilitary Gnome army that is being trained in an abandoned POW camp in Cambodia with ex-Soviet Military advisors and Korean supplied armaments.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No.

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
In no way is the character name "Francis Richter" or "Charles" conceived for my individual purposes with any intent to have any significant relevance to Charles Francis Richter whatsoever, the character names were chosen at random.
Edited: Grammatical Errors, Funky Paragraph Indenting.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 04:34:50 AM by DukeW »

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Francis Richter's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 05:12:36 AM »
Wow man, well done. Thats one of the best apps I have seen in a while :D
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 05:19:28 AM »
Sweet baby Jesus. I think we have a winner.

You sir, have my support.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 11:22:34 AM »
This is truly a great app, considering another SA already supports it I'm just gonna go ahead and accept this. Good job, enjoy your auths.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 01:25:31 AM by Kom??Як »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal