Poll

Do you think the Combine Civil Authority should be majorly changed?

Combine Nation-Like CCA.
37 (68.5%)
Keep it as it is (TnB's basis)
17 (31.5%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Changing the Combine Civil Authority  (Read 15965 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Changing the Combine Civil Authority
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2012, 09:54:19 PM »
You guys know what I see in this new CCA? A unique system away from the mainstream TnB system. It seems like a good idea. Anyway its just a game. What's the worst that could happen?

I just think CG should use their own system. Stand out from the crowds of TnB lookalikes. Besides. Its not like it's going against canon as there is no official canonical information for this kind of thing.

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2012, 09:57:56 PM »
Personally, I don't see the problem with the current status of the CCA(Units numbers, ranks, etc.) It isn't really the "name" that makes a player RP more human, it's the role-player themselves. Sure... maybe this "renaming" might push players towards rp-ing more humanely but they can do that already, I doubt anyone would have problems with Units calling each other names over their digits. Although Civil Protection isn't the greatest example for canon, it simply depicts two not so stellar Units going along with their monotonous lifestyles. Anyone can follow that example and form a bond with another if not many other units, a single Unit might even be on a first name basis with everyone. What I'm trying to say is that, I'm down for this change but I don't really think it'll do much due to roleplay quality being in control of the roleplayers themselves, not the script around them.

Good point. What do you think of recruits learning everything before promotion into the system so they can actually focus on doing well over filling out their own little manifests?

And what do you think of making the main sociostability force more desirable by giving them more positions?

And what do you think of downsizing the specializations (they aren't supposed to be larger than the main body) and making them much more selective, as well as removing sociostability from their standard directives?

Offline Nick?3

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2012, 10:05:16 PM »
Suggested Rank Design:

RCT--->Recruit, an acceptee into the CCA. They will be responsible for attending recruit training sessions and can report to Lance Corporals for advice or mentoring.

05--->Officer, the basic police officer, entry-level rank after recruit training is complete.

04--->Officer, First Class, an Officer who has been recognized for merit in duty.

03--->Lance-Corporal, recognized for experience and excellence in duty. They are who the newbies look up to. (This I would change to: Lance-Officer.)
02--->Corporal, the Sergeant assistants. One per Sergeant. They will be training the majority of the time. (You can use Corporal Or. Supervisor.)

01--->Sergeant, Chief NCO who polices the units in his or her division. Their experience makes them the ones lower ranks look up to for mentoring and training. Two per specialized division, four in the main sociostability body.

OfC--->Lieutenant, one per Specialized Division (as Lieutenant Chief Officers) and three in the main sociostability body.

DvL--->Captain, one per division, acting as the leaders of the division.

CmD--->Major, XO who acts as the chief supervisor of the Civil Protection Police Force. (I would change this to: Superintendent.)
SeC--->Police Commissioner/Police Chief/Chief Superintendent, commands the Civil Protection.

Either way, I stand on this the following way: It's a game, and I'm here to enjoy it. You can change a system around, you keep it the same. You can wipe a division, you can leave it be. But you need to physically implement yourself with devotion in-order to get something kicked arise out of it. To people who are a bit moped on this; there's two types of people in this world. Those in the first group, and those in the second group.

The first group has a glitter of hope in their eyes that tells them things will turn out simply fine, and that no-matter the odds, they keep strong arms out for change, and open hearts. They have faith, and they trust, and they overcome what will be throttled their way. They see things positively.

The second group is on their own, they have fear for the future and what changes it will bring. Everything that's a potential and isn't a positive-positive is turned down and salted over, they're afraid, and they fear. They have no faith, and they believe they can only trust themselves. They feel it will fail from the start.

Are you group number one or two?

I see this as a miracle of oppurtunity; and a bunch-bag-of-fun.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 10:10:35 PM by Nickâ?¥ »

Semper Fi~

BOS: Marines, United States.
Name: Nick Lucci.
POST-ID: 298-31-0615.
Current Position/Rank: First-Lieutenant, Senior Airman and Aviation Officer, O-2/A.
M.O.S.: 7500's; Aviation and C.A.S. support. MV-22 A.S. "Osprey."
S.R.: Roughly three years; second T.O.D.
A.O.S.: Badghis, Afghanistan; Montri; Kuwait (Not D-P Yet)
Unit: VMM-264, 2nd MAW A.S. Division-C, Company F "Black Knights."
^

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2012, 10:06:17 PM »
VOTE YES FOR....

Main Sociostability Body- You've got to act as the main police force. Most command focus should go here to make this the largest and most desirable. This will have the most positions and will keep all units actively engaged.

Specialized Divisions- Command will focus a lot less on these. There will be one Captain (Called the Chief Medical Officer for medical and the Chief Technical Officer for engineering) and one Lieutenant acting at the Captain's assistant and division supervisor. These specializations will become much smaller and a lot more selective. No longer will they be able to enforce sociostability under normal circumstances, and they will give up some of their jobs to the main sociostability body. You'll probably be in the Nexus most of the time, and 99 percent of your interactions will be with other units.

Medical, which will be more of an emergency response detachment and will also engage in medical research. We'd be combining some different public service branches.

Engineering, which would focus on Nexus maintenance, systems management, and infrastructure repairs.

ZEALOT will become a detachment from the main sociostability body, assuming the roles of detectives. This will be as selective as the other specializations, but will be a bit larger.

Training Protocol:
Currently the biggest issue with rank progression is the fact that units only play for the sake of promotions, and we base promotions only off of time requirements and training completion. With my system in place, recruits receive a complete set of standard sociostability trainings before they reach the rank of Officer. This would force promotions to be gained by experience and good work, and your performance as an officer would actually correlate to your rank.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2012, 10:22:06 PM »
Like I said, I really do not care. I am going to go with the flow and see how long it lasts. And IF I see some idiot with the name LT. Tibbles, it will be the end.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Nick?3

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2012, 10:33:57 PM »
If anyone's Tibbles... that's me.

Semper Fi~

BOS: Marines, United States.
Name: Nick Lucci.
POST-ID: 298-31-0615.
Current Position/Rank: First-Lieutenant, Senior Airman and Aviation Officer, O-2/A.
M.O.S.: 7500's; Aviation and C.A.S. support. MV-22 A.S. "Osprey."
S.R.: Roughly three years; second T.O.D.
A.O.S.: Badghis, Afghanistan; Montri; Kuwait (Not D-P Yet)
Unit: VMM-264, 2nd MAW A.S. Division-C, Company F "Black Knights."
^

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2012, 10:35:16 PM »
If anyone's Tibbles... that's me.

You obviously want to die.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2012, 10:42:15 PM »
I always thought of the general idea of this in my head, but never did I think it would be remotely a good idea. But now that I see there is actual support and a very well organized structure behind it, I'm sure it will work well. I like the fact that the lower ranked Units still have a significance in the way the whole CCA runs, instead of being the innocent new CPs who will get their skull pulled out their ass by an 01 for showing emotion or slack that a human would have. I agree with this suggestion 100 percent.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 10:44:19 PM by Mr. Pettit »

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2012, 12:01:38 AM »
I can actually see something like this working, I would like very much for this to happen, maybe a lot less bullshit might arise so fast.  Ranks based on actually earning them, rather than just waiting a week and copy pasting google.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2012, 01:19:45 AM »
This sounds incredibly stupid. You may as well chuck on darkRP. The whole point of the Combine establishing a Metro Police force is to maintain sociostability without the use of military because they're trying to indoctrinate them into the Universal Union/Combine. Dumbing down the CCA into the equivalent of the UK police force will drop half the logical canon feelings about citizens being oppressed by the CCA because they're considered alienated from the rest of humanity as with each rank promotion units sacrifice bits of their humanity for better treatment, such as when Dispatch makes the mention to units that they can be rewarded with non-mechanical reproduction as a mission reward.

If this goes through you may as well give the CP's stunsticks only and a fitting hat to go with it.

The current CCA isn't a copy of TnB. TnB is copying Half-Life 2 canon, and so are we.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2012, 01:44:08 AM »
Whoever thinks this combine nation bullshit is a good idea, is a fucking moron.

First, in HL2, did you see a retarded CP with a bucket on his head shoving donuts up his asshole? No you didn't, why? Because HL2 isn't fucking stupid. You claim serious roleplay? This is as far beyond serious roleplay you can get. This is on the verge of Dark DM, and if you actually put this into action, I will declare CG's HL2RP to be the BIGGEST PILE OF SHIT EVER. Because 1: This is an abomination of Canon., 2 It isn't serious. 3: This is a bad attempt at humor. 4: It will KILL serious RP, as there is no form of dicipline in Cumbean Nation.

As above, would you like to give them donuts and a fucking hat to go with it? Anyone that likes this is a stupid twat that doesn't get what HL2 SERIOUS RP is about. If this happens, I'll get a better 'Serious" rp down at the local DARK ARE PEE, so give me a warning, I don't give a fuck, this is stupid.

10% Warning Issued: Flaming, Ranting and Disrespect.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 12:16:55 AM by Renegade Awesome »

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2012, 01:45:48 AM »
Raged, how do you figure the CCA would become dumbed-down?

Even so, I would rank player enjoyability above adhering to what we think canon is.

Renegade, I don't think SatN meant adhering to the comedy factor of Combine Nation. Although, it was a pretty terrible idea to put "Combine Nation" explicitly in the voting options when he was trying to ask the people if they wanted a more humane CCA rank structure. The suggestion I posted which got SatN's approval if this passes deals with much more than just renaming ranks, if you've read it. I'm aiming to mend a lot of issues within the CCA.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 01:48:59 AM by Burning Bullet »

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2012, 02:54:06 AM »
This and the new Low Def map, I think we have the newest form of DARK RP. I (and I'm sure others) Will leave HL2RP because it will turn to UTTER SHIT. Wanna know why? When you assholes bash my skull open with "DER, RENEGADE, UR SHIT USINT CANON!" Then you pull THIS? How hypocritical can you get?

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2012, 02:56:15 AM »
This is on the verge of Dark DM, and if you actually put this into action, I will declare CG's HL2RP to be the BIGGEST PILE OF SHIT EVER.

oh no

Offline Orange - Cisco Certified

• aSK mE aBOUT mY pENIS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2012, 03:01:56 AM »
I'm very against this. Honestly, this wouldn't solve anything other then to ruin the canon set in place by HL2. I don't know why so many people support this utterly silly idea, and I'm not looking to change ZEALOT to something that it was never intended for. I don't know why people who aren't in certain groups decide they can make decisions for that group.

I really don't know if I'll stay in the CCA if this goes through, and I'm an 01. It's not the power, it's how stupid this idea is. Honestly, I've never seen something so uncanon as this. The CCA is meant to be set apart, yes, we're human. But that's up to the RPer, not the script or titles.

Also, as an 01, I don't beat any Unit who shows emotions, that's just an ass pulled assumption. If you saw the RP I have as a Unit going around with other units then you would understand that I in no way act like a super robot. If your CCA guys are acting like robots, then changing their title won't fix anything.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal